Sponsored

Tuning down a Whipple

Jloui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Guard GT 50th anniversary pack 6MT.
What's the best way to tune down the power on a Whipple, Im getting 694whp at the moment, but the roads here are so smooth making most of all that power unusable and dangerous (305 nitto nt5r on the rear).
I'm thinking of getting a larger pulley or a milder tune!
I have Lund tune, id1000 injectiors and JMS booster in addition to the Whipple+132TB.
If I switch to the whipple tune, will that work with the id 1000 injectiors and pump booster. What would be the most feasible way to tune down the power to around 570-600whp?
Sponsored

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
What's the best way to tune down the power on a Whipple, Im getting 694whp at the moment, but the roads here are so smooth making most of all that power unusable and dangerous (305 nitto nt5r on the rear).
I'm thinking of getting a larger pulley or a milder tune!
I have Lund tune, id1000 injectiors and JMS booster in addition to the Whipple+132TB.
If I switch to the whipple tune, will that work with the id 1000 injectiors and pump booster. What would be the most feasible way to tune down the power to around 570-600whp?
That suspension wasn't designed to put that much power to the ground.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Even at 570-600 it will be overpowering the tires.

Use less throttle. Learn modulation. You shouldn't be gas-n-go wide open or nothing anyway.

Inigo

P2P Engineering
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT 6spd
Turn down for what!

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
Maybe try the bmr lower control arm bearings and FRPP toe link bearings. Those are the only IRS parts available right now that I don't have yet and my car is still all over the road with terrible unstable toe deflection/rear steering when I run it hard. Especially up at higher speeds. While catching grip is definitely a problem at these power levels, actually getting grip presents all its own problems. The IRS in this car has really started to tax my enjoyment with it... Now that the excitement of the power is over i rarely drive the car anymore due to it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jloui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP

Jloui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Even at 570-600 it will be overpowering the tires.

Use less throttle. Learn modulation. You shouldn't be gas-n-go wide open or nothing anyway.
Haven't tried going wide open all the way yet , It start losing traction at around 2/3!

OP
OP

Jloui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
my car is still all over the road with terrible unstable toe deflection/rear steering when I run it hard. Especially up at higher speeds. While catching grip is definitely a problem at these power levels, actually getting grip presents all its own problems. The IRS in this car has really started to tax my enjoyment with it... Now that the excitement of the power is over i rarely drive the car anymore due to it.
Exactly the same here. What are you considering to do on your car?

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
Exactly the same here. What are you considering to do on your car?
Lol, honestly, I've been researching what to trade it in for. :frusty: So many things I like about the car.. But I don't know how long I want to wait around to see if someone comes up with a cure for this terrible IRS.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Jloui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol, honestly, I've been researching what to trade it in for. :frusty: So many things I like about the car.. But I don't know how long I want to wait around to see if someone comes up with a cure for this terrible IRS.
Have you considered going back to NA ? I have to say that thought of it but seriously considering getting a larger pulley and a milder tune.
As for trading in, I like the car too much and would like to keep it , it ticks most of the boxes. But if I haven't gone for the mustang, the bmw M2 is very appealing.

Excelerater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
i never in my life ever heard anyone say I have too much power,but
with the added power no matter what the car comes with added chassis/suspension
upgrades..No car unless dedicated race deal is ready from the factory for a 50% increase
in HP/TQ
just sayin...At the moment I am upgrading a little at a time on my car to get it ready for
a power adder. I think shocks would be worth looking into as well as bushing upgrades,plenty of
experts on here to assist

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
You could just change to a larger pulley and lower the boost and that alone should work.
Whipple tune wont work with your injectors and the Whipple tune would give the same power or maybe abit more. What about going to a taller tire?

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
best way to tune down a car is with your right foot

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt 6-speed/ performance pack Oxford white
I'd say call up bmr and talk to one of their techs, they are great to work with. And I'm wanting to do multi purpose with my car both drag and auto x, so I will be swapping out pully sizes for the two cause auto x it's almost impossible to do with 600+
Sponsored