Track Package or Not?

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Placing order soon and need some help guys:

I do not want the Tech Package because I prefer the base Recaro seats over the leather. So, I'm trying to decide if I should get the Track package or not (basically just for the Magneride as I won't need the extra coolers and I'm not a huge fan of the larger spoiler (BUT I have not seen it in person so I might like it?!?!?!)). The price difference ($6.5K) is definitely meaningful/noteworthy to me. I do not intend to track this car - it will be a toy, occasional DD, and maybe a road trip car eventually.

Opinions greatly appreciated. Is the Magneride worth it?

Thanks.
I think that magneride will be worth the price.

JMO, but if you aren't going to track it I can't understand buying the track pack instead of the tech pack. You're going to be stuck with that cheap looking base radio and have coolers you'll never use. All for what, a seat with the word Recaro on it? Maybe your best option would be a base car after all.
Sponsored

Magpul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra AT 4x4
I plan on ordering my Track pack on Monday, if I really get the the need for nav and the like I'll just add one in later. I don't want to miss out on the Recaros, they look pretty nice. You may not regret getting the Magnerides if you've never been in a vehicle equipped with it before, but if you ever do and you compare it to your own car, you'll wish you had gotten the Track pack.

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod
I have a Track Pack ordered on my GT350. After driving the GT350 with the Track Pack this past Friday, I'm TOTALLY sold on the Track Pack. The Tech Pack wouldn't be bad, but I'm more of a purest to the way they used to be setup the Shelbys in the 60s.

Truly, I can't see anyone saying later, "Boy, that Track/Tech Pack was a waste of money. Should have gone with the base!"

Just my two cents...

Last edited:

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
If it's an occasional street brawler and not seeing competition, a base car might not be a bad idea. Biggest thing to me besides the engine: those gorgeous brakes. On a Ford! Suspension can always be fiddled with down the road if needed.

I got the Track Pack. I will be most likely put into Class SS in SCCA Solo.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I boil it down to; do you want Magride or not? That's the big add for both the tech and track packages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
I have a Track Pack ordered on my GT350. After driving the GT350 with the Track Pack this past Friday, I'm TOTALLY sold on the Track Pack. The Tech Pack wouldn't be bad, but I'm more of a purest to the way they used to be setup the Shelbys in the 60s.

Truly, I can't see anyone saying later, "Boy, that Track/Track Pack was a waste of money. Should have gone with the base!"

Just my two cents...
...so what's the difference in handling or feel in the the track pack and tech pack cars ? They both have magneride, and from what I've read, the suspension and steering bits are the same. Personally, I'm planning on a tech pack car.

I boil it down to; do you want Magride or not? That's the big add for both the tech and track packages.
This is what I've gathered as well.

If I weren't planning on it being a DD I'd probably get the track pack, but that stripper base radio look would drive me crazy in a DD.

OP
OP

goodkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2014 Polar Edition Wrangler; 2005 350Z
Thanks for the feedback guys.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Placing order soon and need some help guys:

I do not want the Tech Package because I prefer the base Recaro seats over the leather. So, I'm trying to decide if I should get the Track package or not (basically just for the Magneride as I won't need the extra coolers and I'm not a huge fan of the larger spoiler (BUT I have not seen it in person so I might like it?!?!?!)). The price difference ($6.5K) is definitely meaningful/noteworthy to me. I do not intend to track this car - it will be a toy, occasional DD, and maybe a road trip car eventually.

Opinions greatly appreciated. Is the Magneride worth it?

Thanks.
Not sure if you are familiar with the 2012 and 2013 Boss 302 cars as your dilemma and final decision is something similar to what took place with these cars a few years ago?

The 2012/2013 Boss 302's came from the Flat Rock factory with regular cloth seats and without the Recaro Sport Seats and the Helical Torsen differential which were optional to the base Mustang Boss 302.

Based on conversations with some dealerships and some people who did not order the Recaro seats and the Torsen differential on these Boss 302 cars they are sorry that they did not order this option on their cars.

I would suggest that your situation is quite similar.

Having said that I hope that you keep your car for a very long time but if you decide to sell your Shelby GT350 down the road I would suggest that a Track Package car will be somewhat easier to sell than a base Shelby GT350 and will sell for a much better price?

Certainly $6500 is a lot of money for this option but money aside if you can swing it you will have a better handling car with the MagneRide, heavy duty front springs, aluminum tower to tower brace and all 3 coolers on the car and the car will be much more appealing if you ever decide to sell this fine automobile?

Look, if you cannot afford or justify the "Track Pack" option as we all have been there at some point the most important aspect of this issue is that you are in a terrific position to order a fantastic high performance 2016 Shelby GT350 no matter which way you order it?

Good luck with your decision!

:cheers:

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod
...so what's the difference in handling or feel in the the track pack and tech pack cars ? They both have magneride, and from what I've read, the suspension and steering bits are the same. Personally, I'm planning on a tech pack car.

Sorry - I may have been confusing with my answer. I'm pretty certain that the Track and Tech Packs will handle the same. I was referring to the difference between the base vs the 2 packages. :thumbsup:

Also, I just amended my posting, as I realized that I repeated the words "Track" instead of saying "Track/Tech Pack". :D

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Not sure if you are familiar with the 2012 and 2013 Boss 302 cars as your dilemma and final decision is something similar to what took place with these cars a few years ago?

The 2012/2013 Boss 302's came from the Flat Rock factory with regular cloth seats and without the Recaro Sport Seats and the Helical Torsen differential which were optional to the base Mustang Boss 302.

Based on conversations with some dealerships and some people who did not order the Recaro seats and the Torsen differential on these Boss 302 cars they are sorry that they did not order this option on their cars.
I know I don't have to tell you how few cars were actually configured without that option. It was kind of a no brainer there considering the cost was only $2k and the diff is hard for most people to wrap their head around what the difference is going to be so it really just came down to the seats which the Recaro name helped a lot with there as well.

I wish the seats were an easy option on the 350s.

Sponsored

blondie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang V6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As soon as the options were leaked, that was the first thing that came to my mind. No magride in the base meant i had to move up to a pack option. I mean Ferrari uses magride...is that not a good enough reason?

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I know I don't have to tell you how few cars were actually configured without that option
. It was kind of a no brainer there considering the cost was only $2k and the diff is hard for most people to wrap their head around what the difference is going to be so it really just came down to the seats which the Recaro name helped a lot with there as well.

I wish the seats were an easy option on the 350s.
So please tell me, just how few cars were configured without that option?

Probably a lot more than you or most other people think?

:shrug:

Last edited:

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)

So please tell me, just how few cars were configured without that option?

Probably a lot more than you or most other people think?

:shrug:
Sorry, thought you had all that info being a guy with multiple Bosses.

The answer is less than 10%

I think you'll see something on the order of 10-20% of GT350s be base (non-Tech, non-Track).
Boss Production breakdown-Dec 23_Page_1.jpg
gallery_15076_259_266406.jpg

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Sorry, thought you had all that info being a guy with multiple Bosses.

The answer is less than 10% -

With all due respect there were 757 Boss 302 cars (just over 11%) ordered without Recaro seats and I consider that a relatively large number of cars that went without this option with many of them not happy after the fact?

Based on history with these Boss 302 cars and some unhappy customers I wanted to make sure the person that posted his concerns regarding the seats and ride gets some feedback based on past history, no more no less?

I think you'll see something on the order of 10-20% of GT350s be base (non-Tech, non-Track).
Current orders posted on this forum seem to indicate less than 8% so far so not sure where you are coming up with your numbers?

:cheers:

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
I have no idea what you're on about.

I was just saying I think you'll find the number of optionless cars to be similar to what was with the Boss, not exact, but similar.
Sponsored