Sponsored

S550 GT Shift Light Question

PPS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Oxford White, Performance Package
The tach and speedo used to light up bright red when getting close to redline. I could swear it used to work during the day but now it only works at night :frusty:. Am I missing something? Does anyone else have this issue or is my memory wrong? Is there a setting somewhere for this?

I'm a newb to the forum btw so hello...
Sponsored

BCeagle08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT DIB PP 6MT Navi 401A.
Only works at night. I wish it worked during the day too

Carzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rapid Red 401A PP1 A10 Magneride
I can't recall seeing this happening on my base GT. It used to flash on my '12 premium; those had MyColor.

I also notice the tach reads a bit over 7K when I run this one to redline; I'm not sure whether it's overreading or it's a soft limiter. On the '12 it was a hard cutoff which would upset the car... yet to run hard to the limiter on the S550, as I watch the tach on the rare occasion of ripping to it to redline.

Sponsored

OP
OP

PPS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Oxford White, Performance Package
Well crud... Maybe someone can fix this with a programmer. It would certainly be nice to have it work during the day. LOL it's not like I can't just watch the tach but again it would be a nice touch

Sponsored

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
is this a feature that has to be turned on or should it default on? I dont remember ever seeing this come on in mine at night. I have seen it in other peoples youtube videos but always thought it was something aftermarket.

Lowrider

Drive Fast...Live Slow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A poorman's coupe
^ You have to get the revs past 6500 for it to flash and it comes on in red. So your gauge color better be some other color other than red...It's on by default because I've never had to turn mine on.

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
is this a feature that has to be turned on or should it default on? I dont remember ever seeing this come on in mine at night. I have seen it in other peoples youtube videos but always thought it was something aftermarket.
^ You have to get the revs past 6500 for it to flash and it comes on in red. So your gauge color better be some other color other than red...It's on by default because I've never had to turn mine on.
Also, it only comes standard in premium models. (which still baffles me)

grumblin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium
Also, it only comes standard in premium models. (which still baffles me)
Because little things like this would entice people to buy the "Premium" package?

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
Because little things like this would entice people to buy the "Premium" package?
Lol no? Things like NAV and heated/cooled seats are what entice people to buy the premium package. Considering this is somewhat "performance" based, i would think they would offer it in the PERFORMANCE package. BUT, no. Ford failed again. Just my two cents tho.
Sponsored