Serious curb rash

2015-MUSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Spilled my coffee one day, looked down to wipe up with a napkin, bam, hit a curb hard going fast, got a nice deep scrape on two of the stock 20" wheels. Called dealer, 1000 bucks a wheel to replace, on eBay someone was selling all 4 for 1600. Decided to have rim repaired for about 125 a wheel x2. I saw some before and afters and dam do they do a great job making a wheel look like new. Good luck out there and don't be like me, "worry about a little coffee and end up with damage".
Sponsored

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP AT, '05 Chrysler 300 C, '18 Navara Twin Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
sorry to hear your Story

but: as you can tell, all those, who say:

Don't drink and drive

are right. even if it is coffee.

still: could have been worse: Image there had been a peterbilt semi coming in an intersection, which you had not noticed...

OP
OP
2015-MUSTANG

2015-MUSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Never happen to me before, I definitly learned my lesson. I guess you never think it's gonna happen to you till it does!

2Cool

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP in CO
Spilled my coffee one day, looked down to wipe up with a napkin, bam, hit a curb hard going fast, got a nice deep scrape on two of the stock 20" wheels. Called dealer, 1000 bucks a wheel to replace, on eBay someone was selling all 4 for 1600. Decided to have rim repaired for about 125 a wheel x2. I saw some before and afters and dam do they do a great job making a wheel look like new. Good luck out there and don't be like me, "worry about a little coffee and end up with damage".
If you are using Turbax in Ocoee, yes, they do very good work. I sent several expensive wheels to them when I was partner in a local speed shop, everything from porsche turbo wheels to aftermarket 3 piece ones, and they all came back looking like new.

MagneticA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual v6 Mustang
Everyone thinks they make good decisions, until one of them has a negative consequence. I've been there - we're all guilty of it in some way or another - it's part of being human. Good thing the worst case was only some road rash.

Sponsored

Tom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Daily Driver
Your lucky that's all that happened. It could have been much worse, like going into another lane or jump the curb altogether and hit something. sorry to here about your wheels though. At least you got a good deal on fixing them. :D

Last edited:

bvdawg13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black Mustang GT
Did anyone get the wheel/paint warranty? I did for $5/mo. They're supposed to replace the wheel completely

bert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
bert
Vehicle(s)
S550 PP black/black
Did anyone get the wheel/paint warranty? I did for $5/mo. They're supposed to replace the wheel completely
Interesting. First I've heard of this.

I just joined the curb rash club, although it's not terribly noticeable until you stare at the wheel. Not sure my area even has wheel repair? Or if it's any effective?

CarlosMRRDesignWheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Oh man watch out with that.... i dont know how strict ford is but if they say "Paint " protection i would think cosmetic as in the paint or clear coat flaking etc. but curve rash will send you to structure which maybe they will say no no.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I have it too but it is aftermarket warranty that covers my factory wheels and my aftermarket wheels. Along with tons of other stuff front to back and top to bottom.

Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
That is a good deal it costs us about 100-125 a wheel depending on the damage to get it repaired.

Cobrakev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Took care of my rash with a little emory paper and a black sharpie.. Cant notice it until up close. I know redneckish...

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
$1000 a wheel? Seems awfully excessive.

I would've used that as an excuse for all new rims.

Millgeo5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have it too but it is aftermarket warranty that covers my factory wheels and my aftermarket wheels. Along with tons of other stuff front to back and top to bottom.
I got a similar plan mine covers any wheel or tire I have on the car
Sponsored