Sponsored

PP Wheel: curb rash

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Hi,

Well, I was getting coffee this morning in a blinding rain storm at the coffee shop drive thru down the street from work. Pulling out after getting my coffee, I made contact with the curb in the drive thru on the left front wheel :doh: Hey, I hadn't had my morning coffee yet...

It was a very low speed curbing, so I'm not too worried about damage to the wheel (other than the black paint job the performance pack wheels have!).

Here's a pic:

picture.jpg

Anyone done a successful DIY repair on a PP wheel that looks halfway decent? If so, how? :shrug:

I hate to ask this, but what does Ford want for a replacement wheel?
Sponsored

Rustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rustan
Vehicle(s)
LB '17 GT Premium PP
Search youtube, there are tons of good how to vids on there showing how to sand out the rash and prep for repaint. Someone on here might know where to get the matching paint. Until then you could always sharpie it to hide it somewhat until you get around to fixing it :lol:

Rash sucks, I feel your pain.

OP
OP
ElAviator72

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Search youtube, there are tons of good how to vids on there showing how to sand out the rash and prep for repaint. Someone on here might know where to get the matching paint. Until then you could always sharpie it to hide it somewhat until you get around to fixing it :lol:

Rash sucks, I feel your pain.
Actually, I was thinking of brush on black gloss enamel (readily available at ye olde hardware store :lol:)...not sure how it will match :thumbsup:

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Thats how mine was fixed. The previous owner must have done it and I didnt notice it for 5 months as it matched perfectly and you can tell it was brushed on if you really look close but from 12 inches away you cant tell.

Sponsored

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Black is the easiest to repair.
ya I learned that when we were doing a favor for a buddy with gunmetal wheels :frusty: and a ton of curb marks on it.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I'd try the DIY recommendation above 1st. If you don't like how it looks after, GOOGLE 'wheel repair or refinish' in your area. There are places that fix them for ~$100.

Also, most dealers have a wheel guy they call in for wheels that get curbed on their lot or traded that way. Might want to ask some local dealers who they use.
Sponsored