South Florida Owners

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Anyone want to meet @ Tijuana Taxi in Coral Springs on Sunday for the classic car show? I thought it would be fun to show off all of our new Ponies.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Sponsored

Boca 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Would love to but I think it might be the wrong Sunday.

Anyone want to meet @ Tijuana Taxi in Coral Springs on Sunday for the classic car show? I thought it would be fun to show off all of our new Ponies.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Would love to but I think it might be the wrong Sunday.
It's every Sunday AFAIK. I live across the street and drive by every Sunday and they are there.

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
It's every Sunday AFAIK. I live across the street and drive by every Sunday and they are there.

Been there as well, usually a pretty good turnout!

Sponsored

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
I'm sorry. I meant since it's Superbowl Sunday.

LOL, I realized that after I replied but I won't be watching this year, I am boycotting due to cheating Brady and the Pats and a commissioner that doesn't seem interested in punishing cheaters. The Pats shouldn't be there and don't deserve it, they aren't all that if they have to cheat to win.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Fit & Finish

Raven is finally here and home! I took delivery after work yesterday and as I suspected that I would see in the sunlight I have some panel alignment issue. The trunk I saw at the dealership has a small alignment issue of about 2mm lower toward the rear. The hood is also slightly off by about 1 mm, both doors are slightly off, and possibly both bumpers. Additionally, all four PP wheels have scratches and one has a tiny chip in the black paint. They say their collision center can take care of everything so I have to go back to the dealership on Monday so they can have the collision center take a look. Hopefully just a matter of minor adjustments and I take her right home. I don't want to leave it, I finally got it after 3 months of waiting. The only picture I have is the one the dealer sent when it came off the truck. The sales manager and the guy who did my finance are mustang guys and were drooling over it all day. Both said that it was the nicest color and wheel combination they've seen so far. Both were actually telling me that neither would by a GT, said an EcoBoost with a tune is faster than a GT. It had 22 miles on it when I got they keys so someone took it for drive. Tomorrow morning I have an appointment at a reputable tint shop.

I'm the proud owner of a 2015 EcoBoost Premium PP, with the Appearance Package in Magnetic with a manual transmission and all of the options except the security upgrade.. I'm so happy, it was well worth the wait.

Hopefully I can make the text meet up.

Hi Jeanne!

My local body shop got the tolerances from Ford Engineering in Dearborn.

Unfortunately, plus or minus up to 2mm is acceptable on most alignment and flushness issues. My driver door is way beyond that at the rocker panel and must be fixed. Even though the trunk looks bad, they don't want to touch it or any other panel that is within tolerance. Hope your dealer can fix your problems. If so, let me know how they did it. Owners in our Central Florida Group have been able to do some hood alignment adjustments, but I don't know of any other fixes taking place. The most noticeable other issue is the Black Plastic between the tail lights.

Last edited:

domingos35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Currently drive 2005 F-150 STX
I think its sad and pathetic that Ford is still having panel fitment issues and even more pathetic that u guys accept that crap.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Hi Jeanne!

My local body shop got the tolerances from Ford Engineering in Dearborn.

Unfortunately, plus or minus up to 2mm is acceptable on most alignment and flushness issues. My driver door is way beyond that at the rocker panel and must be fixed. Even though the trunk looks bad, they don't want to touch it or any other panel that is within tolerance. Hope your dealer can fix your problems. If so, let me know how they did it. Owners in our Central Florida Group have been able to do some hood alignment adjustments, but I don't know of any other fixes taking place. The most noticeable other issue is the Black Plastic between the tail lights.

I will definitely report back. My trunk and hood have to be adjusted, everything else is really minor and only noticeable if you're really looking for it. The hood ripples when going above 80 mph and that does not seem normal. The trunk is off by more than 3 mm and I believe the hood is as well. The wheels being scratched and nicked are the most aggravating part, I don't want brand new wheels repaired, I want them replaced. I put in a call to Ford on Wednesday and they said they will make sure everything is fixed. I have a case number and I've been assigned a regional CSR to make sure the dealership fixes everything. I was supposed to hear from the CSR and that didn't happen so Ford will be hearing from me before I go to the Collision Center on Monday. If the collision center doesn't want to touch the hood and trunk then Ford will have to pay for a body shop of my choice to fix it. I have a client that owns a body shop in Pembrook Pines and I am sure they can make the necessary adjustments.

I love this car, it blows my 06 away! I see people circling my car and admiring it all the time. I had it detailed today, my detailer clay barred and waxed it, there was so much debris in the paint it was driving me crazy. She looks so much better now. The Magnetic is so full of metallic it's got so many different colors in it, it looks purple at night.

Proudgeek

OCD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Three Stangs
Good luck with that. I know they tweaked mine before shipment because some front fender bolts in the engine compartment have touchup paint. Mine looks ok to me but I now wear glasses...

Sponsored

Proudgeek

OCD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Three Stangs
So I took some photos of the s550 this weekend with the new wheels...

DSC03872.jpg

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Good luck with that. I know they tweaked mine before shipment because some front fender bolts in the engine compartment have touchup paint. Mine looks ok to me but I now wear glasses...

My fender bolts on the passenger side were also touched up. I wear glasses too, lol.
Nice wheels! What size are they?

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Turns out every single panel on my car is out of alignment and in direct sunlight it's awful. Several panels have creases in several places, the gap where the passenger rear fender meets the bumper is so big you can see the bracket they attach to from the exterior of the car. There's not a single straight line anywhere on my car. The passenger door and front fender are so out of alignment that when you open the door there's a point of contact. The dealership I purchased from has a collision center and they barely looked at my car and brushed me off because all of the mustangs on their lot have alignment issues and he kept going on about tolerance. My CSR recommended I take my car to another dealership with a collision center for a second opinion, he called ahead and the collision center manager was waiting for me. He said that my car is one of the worst he's ever seen and looks like it was in an accident and poorly repaired. It was in direct sunlight and he found creases in almost ever panel, paint issues in one spot, a crease in the trunk, tail lights are installed wrong, a huge gap between the driver side bumper and headlight. He said there is no way to fix my car because of how panels are wielded on to the unibody and it would have to be torn apart to fix and would never be right. He said it was nowhere near what Ford Engineers consider to be acceptable tolerance. He said the only fix is to have Ford build a new one that's properly inspected by QC. He further stated my car should have been pulled from the line by QC and never delivered and whomever built it should be pulled from the line and fired because they shouldn't be building cars. We had to stop looking at it because we kept finding more and more wrong with it, I was getting sick and he was getting mad.

I spoke to my CSR today and he wants to speak with the collision center manager. I requested someone from Ford come and inspect my car. I'm supposed to hear back from him tomorrow on what the next step is.

Sponsored