Bolt-on, slammed S197

Salty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 MT-82, 2019 5.0 10R80
Anyone going to the kendall spot tonight?

Proudgeek

OCD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Three Stangs
May drive by in the cobra...

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Raven is finally here and home! I took delivery after work yesterday and as I suspected that I would see in the sunlight I have some panel alignment issue. The trunk I saw at the dealership has a small alignment issue of about 2mm lower toward the rear. The hood is also slightly off by about 1 mm, both doors are slightly off, and possibly both bumpers. Additionally, all four PP wheels have scratches and one has a tiny chip in the black paint. They say their collision center can take care of everything so I have to go back to the dealership on Monday so they can have the collision center take a look. Hopefully just a matter of minor adjustments and I take her right home. I don't want to leave it, I finally got it after 3 months of waiting. The only picture I have is the one the dealer sent when it came off the truck. The sales manager and the guy who did my finance are mustang guys and were drooling over it all day. Both said that it was the nicest color and wheel combination they've seen so far. Both were actually telling me that neither would by a GT, said an EcoBoost with a tune is faster than a GT. It had 22 miles on it when I got they keys so someone took it for drive. Tomorrow morning I have an appointment at a reputable tint shop.

I'm the proud owner of a 2015 EcoBoost Premium PP, with the Appearance Package in Magnetic with a manual transmission and all of the options except the security upgrade.. I'm so happy, it was well worth the wait.

Hopefully I can make the text meet up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
Raven is finally here and home! I took delivery after work yesterday and as I suspected that I would see in the sunlight I have some panel alignment issue. The trunk I saw at the dealership has a small alignment issue of about 2mm lower toward the rear. The hood is also slightly off by about 1 mm, both doors are slightly off, and possibly both bumpers. Additionally, all four PP wheels have scratches and one has a tiny chip in the black paint. They say their collision center can take care of everything so I have to go back to the dealership on Monday so they can have the collision center take a look. Hopefully just a matter of minor adjustments and I take her right home. I don't want to leave it, I finally got it after 3 months of waiting. The only picture I have is the one the dealer sent when it came off the truck. The sales manager and the guy who did my finance are mustang guys and were drooling over it all day. Both said that it was the nicest color and wheel combination they've seen so far. Both were actually telling me that neither would by a GT, said an EcoBoost with a tune is faster than a GT. It had 22 miles on it when I got they keys so someone took it for drive. Tomorrow morning I have an appointment at a reputable tint shop.

I'm the proud owner of a 2015 EcoBoost Premium PP, with the Appearance Package in Magnetic with a manual transmission and all of the options except the security upgrade.. I'm so happy, it was well worth the wait.

Congrats on the ride, and I hope all the issues you've had get taken care of quickly. Now, the only thing that I didn't agree with much was the Eco faster than GT comment. There's an old saying, there's no replacement for displacement. Have you seen what a GT can do with a tune as well? Let alone a few bolt ons? If you are solely looking at having a faster ride, pop a turbo or SC on that coyote and panties will be flying off from drivers seat. Eco, with DI, I fear longevity down the road with carb deposits, happens to ALL DI engines and something the industry hasn't mastered yet. I'm not bashing Eco, it's a hell of a car regardless, but just wanted to set the fanboy "Eco with tune is faster than a GT" comment. Any car, even a V6 can be faster if you have the $$$ to make it happen.
Needless to say, enjoy the ride and have fun! Hope to see you around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Congrats on the ride, and I hope all the issues you've had get taken care of quickly. Now, the only thing that I didn't agree with much was the Eco faster than GT comment. There's an old saying, there's no replacement for displacement. Have you seen what a GT can do with a tune as well? Let alone a few bolt ons? If you are solely looking at having a faster ride, pop a turbo or SC on that coyote and panties will be flying off from drivers seat. Eco, with DI, I fear longevity down the road with carb deposits, happens to ALL DI engines and something the industry hasn't mastered yet. I'm not bashing Eco, it's a hell of a car regardless, but just wanted to set the fanboy "Eco with tune is faster than a GT" comment. Any car, even a V6 can be faster if you have the $$$ to make it happen.
Needless to say, enjoy the ride and have fun! Hope to see you around.

I agree, I thought the GT comments were odd coming from a dealer. I love all Mustangs and think the argument over which model is faster is ridiculous. GT is a beast no doubt and nothing can compare to the sweet sound of that engine. I didn't pay much attention to it, I am just happy that they sound time friendly.

I hope you're enjoying your GT as well.

My issues while big to me are in no way as bad as some other's and will be taken care of.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
I agree, I thought the GT comments were odd coming from a dealer. I love all Mustangs and think the argument over which model is faster is ridiculous. GT is a beast no doubt and nothing can compare to the sweet sound of that engine. I didn't pay much attention to it, I am just happy that they sound time friendly.

I hope you're enjoying your GT as well.

My issues while big to me are in no way as bad as some other's and will be taken care of.

Awesome! I honestly like all mustangs and engine choice is a matter of money and market. I rarely listen to the tool salesmen and mechanics at a dealer. Most of them know nothing about cars and just regurgitate what fanboys say when they come in. They swear to be "knowledgeable" because a 17 year old tuner boy said so while they serviced their vehicle.
Anyway, I'm glad you are happy with the new pony and again hope to see you out on the road!

OP
OP
activeGT

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
Nice!

Raven is finally here and home! I took delivery after work yesterday.....

Proudgeek

OCD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Three Stangs
I dont know why dealers like to talk so much. My sales manager immediately realized I knew more about the car than he did and quickly did the right thing ;)

Congratulations on the new ride!!! You will love it for sure. Hope to see you at the track soon.

Sponsored

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
I dont know why dealers like to talk so much. My sales manager immediately realized I knew more about the car than he did and quickly did the right thing ;)

Congratulations on the new ride!!! You will love it for sure. Hope to see you at the track soon.
Thanks! I will definitely be at the track and look forward to seeing everyone's ride.

I just saw a convertible in CO with an appearance pkg this morning on my way to the tint shop and got a wave from him. CO is gorgeous in person, much more orange than any pictures.

I think both my dealer and the sales manager were surprised how much I know about the car and were excited to talk about the fun of modding with someone who loves Mustangs and a woman. This is one of the nicest dealerships and most friendly group, definitely the most pleasant buying experience I have ever had. Auto Nation Ford of Delray is a great dealership and they called me yesterday to congratulate me and thank me for my business. My salesman actually gave me his cell number in case I need anything after hours.

Proudgeek

OCD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Three Stangs
For all you south florida photo geeks!

I took the morning yesterday to drive around looking for nice spots to shoot the '15. It was a gloomy day so I took the cobra instead as it was sure to glow regardless of the nature provided lighting :). Here are a few shots... Where do you like to shoot your ride?

DSC03775.jpg

Proudgeek

OCD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Three Stangs
Gorgeous! That pp ruby red with tint looks incredible!!! Congrats

Ruby305GT

Work hard, play harder.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 premium GT
Gorgeous! That pp ruby red with tint looks incredible!!! Congrats

Thanks man! Lots of upkeep to maintain her clean. Next month I'll just start garaging her. Got to move the cats out the garage though, vacate them in my backyard lol.

Sponsored