Sponsored

Door Won’t Close after removing battery

koplebob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord V6, 2023 Ford Mustang GT
hey folks, i took out my battery for winter storage, opened my door to put some dryer sheets on the inside, only to realize that the windows don’t automatically roll themselves down anymore since the battery is out, meaning the door can’t close. any solution or do i have to take the battery out and keep the door shut?
Sponsored

OP
OP
koplebob

koplebob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Put the battery back & lower the window :computerrage::question: remove battery?
yeah that’s what i just ended up doing. sucked because i took the battery through the garage door and all the way up to the second floor and hooked it up to the tender just to realize i screwed up

Sponsored

Detroiit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Just push the top glass in and shut the door. itll tuck without hitting

OP
OP
koplebob

koplebob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bro, just get a battery tender for your car.
i have one, which is why i took the battery out. i don’t have a heated garage nor do i have an outlet in a convenient spot, plus i’ve heard the cold damages the battery. so i take it out and bring it in for charging.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Or just close the door like you would at 2 am sneaking back into the house 3 hours after curfew having spent the evening with your squeeze.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Glad you got it.

I'd have just used a jump pack. If you don't have one, you should get one. They're not that expensive and since most of them are multi function they're very handy to have around. I keep one in every car because you just never know.

OP
OP
koplebob

koplebob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad you got it.

I'd have just used a jump pack. If you don't have one, you should get one. They're not that expensive and since most of them are multi function they're very handy to have around. I keep one in every car because you just never know.
yeah i need to pick one up. i’ve been meaning to, just never get around to it

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I used to keep jumper cables in all my cars but jump packs are better and more versatile in nearly every way. Just remember to check the charge once or twice a year.

jpalmerino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus, 2017 AG GT350
i have one, which is why i took the battery out. i don’t have a heated garage nor do i have an outlet in a convenient spot, plus i’ve heard the cold damages the battery. so i take it out and bring it in for charging.
Minus the outlet convenience, what’s your definition of cold? I’m in upstate NY without a heated garage as well and have zero issues hooking my tender up right to the battery during the winter. I have a thermometer to keep track of temps and even when the nights get down into the low 10’s in January/February, the garage still stays around 30 and doesn’t cause any issues.

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium/PP
Vehicle Showcase
hey folks, i took out my battery for winter storage, opened my door to put some dryer sheets on the inside, only to realize that the windows don’t automatically roll themselves down anymore since the battery is out, meaning the door can’t close. any solution or do i have to take the battery out and keep the door shut?
Sit the battery on the ground next to the car and use jumper cables.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
An IN CAR battery tender. That's directly hooked up to the battery. That way the car isn't dead.

No, cold DOES NOT damage batteries.

OP
OP
koplebob

koplebob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An IN CAR battery tender. That's directly hooked up to the battery. That way the car isn't dead.

No, cold DOES NOT damage batteries.
source for the cold part? i’ve heard they discharge faster, recharge slower, and are much weaker in the cold as well. unless i’ve been told wrong, i always thought it was better to take them to a warm spot for the winter
Sponsored