ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
Oh poking the bear , I have been fallowing this thread for some time . Most the guys are newbes and think they found the best thing since sliced bread . Come on it is a centri they all produce the same outcome . And I do love my prochargeer .lol
I'm sure the procharger and vortech produce very similar results with the same tuner. All the kits are similar in price with the right dealer. But IMO, the ESS has the easiest installation. That'sa huge savings for a lot of people that don't work on cars for a living. To YOU I'm sure all three of them are super easy installs, but for your average Joe installing it likely in their driveway with a basic set of craftsman/cobalt/etc tools ESS is the way to go. Especially with the new kits where even more pieces are stationary.

No worries on poking the bear, everyone will be a fan of what they have. Especially when you're bolting on about 300hp with virtually any supercharger kit on the market to a coyote 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

WonderDud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Instead of attacking the troll some of Ya’ll start talking about prochargers. Lol rent free I tells ya
I just like being an asshole. Its a mechanical blower unless its made of unobtanium they all do the same like ya'll said. I'f anything I don't really care.... turbos are better than centris and top mounted blowers......
The NA guy stuck in the 11's get's no shine... I'm not gonna try and polish a turd.

Last edited:

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I just like being an asshole. Its a mechanical blower unless its made of unobtanium they all do the same like ya'll said. I'f anything I don't really care.... turbos are better than centris and top mounted blowers......
The NA guy stuck in the 11's get's no shine... I'm not gonna try and polish a turd.
I wasn't going to say anything but since you brought it up my turbo car is far superior to all you ess guys! 🤣

WonderDud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I wasn't going to say anything but since you brought it up my turbo car is far superior to all you ess guys! 🤣
Different strokes for different folks. There Is benefits to both. Not to mention the amount of power you can make on turbos with little boost compared to the other options. It’s a whole different game though. Apples to oranges…

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Different strokes for different folks. There Is benefits to both. Not to mention the amount of power you can make on turbos with little boost compared to the other options. It’s a whole different game though. Apples to oranges…
Very true and let's be honest. Any boost is good on the coyote. I just couldn't resist chiming in.

Sponsored

Batman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ladell
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
What adapter/flange are you guys using to use the Maxflow race bov?
Ive been working on this adapter I ordered from ebay.

IMG_0405.jpeg

IMG_0404.jpeg

IMG_0403.jpeg

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Interesting. Definitely more of a whistle sound compared to the Tials whooshing sound.

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot_Ricky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt

Wolfys11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jakub
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Gt
What adapter/flange are you guys using to use the Maxflow race bov?
Ive been working on this adapter I ordered from ebay.

IMG_0405.jpeg

IMG_0404.jpeg

IMG_0403.jpeg
I followed ricky’s footsteps and welding a tial to a maxflow flange together. Clearance is hard but possible. Definitely sounds great!!! Your pictures look pretty much like what mine came out like

Sponsored

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
Stock clutch ain't too bad but certainly wasn't holding back the ESS blower for much longer
72011113912__6D807A20-405E-4F2E-A435-F866C1BA6628.jpeg
72011115523__443DECF9-B22D-4CE4-880C-92C79F5BC0FE.jpeg

pressure plate honestly looks worse than anything else in the assembly...

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Stock clutch ain't too bad but certainly wasn't holding back the ESS blower for much longer
72011113912__6D807A20-405E-4F2E-A435-F866C1BA6628.jpeg
72011115523__443DECF9-B22D-4CE4-880C-92C79F5BC0FE.jpeg

pressure plate honestly looks worse than anything else in the assembly...
What clutch are you going with?

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
What clutch are you going with?
I have the vengeance stage two and i HIGHLY recommend it knowing what i know now. I'm sure the McLeod RXT is just as good, but the flywheel on the vengeance is one fully machined piece with the standoffs to hold the floater plate. And what's more not only are you not relying on bolts that hold those standoffs on, but the machined pieces are shaped like fins to pull heat and clutch dust out of the chamber. And at least throw it to the sides of the bell housing. Good stuff. Also, it's the go-to clutch from Calimer. And so far, the last point I'll make here is that there's no clutch chatter when idling off from a stop! Consider me satisfied with it so far. Will post updates on power/dyno later

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have the vengeance stage two and i HIGHLY recommend it knowing what i know now. I'm sure the McLeod RXT is just as good, but the flywheel on the vengeance is one fully machined piece with the standoffs to hold the floater plate. And what's more not only are you not relying on bolts that hold those standoffs on, but the machined pieces are shaped like fins to pull heat and clutch dust out of the chamber. And at least throw it to the sides of the bell housing. Good stuff. Also, it's the go-to clutch from Calimer. And so far, the last point I'll make here is that there's no clutch chatter when idling off from a stop! Consider me satisfied with it so far. Will post updates on power/dyno later
Agreed. I have this clutch as well. Can't wait to get it broken in and see what it can do. Stock wasn't holding 780 very well. I know it wasn't going to handle 900.
Sponsored