Visually tell the difference between true HP and faux HP

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
I have my eye on a 2022 Mach 1 Premium, Red, 6 speed. It has the HP spoiler, with Gurney flap, the HP wheels but is missing the parts a dealer is supposed to add on at delivery such as the front wheel well molding, the lower chin splitter and possibly the camber plates. If I can't see the original sticker is there other signs of an HP Mach 1? I checked the VIN on the lookup and it didn't indicate the packages it comes with. Thoughts?
Sponsored

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
What color is the spoiler & gurney flap. If it’s magnetic matte then good chance it’s the HP

If it’s missing the camber plates then not an HP

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I have my eye on a 2022 Mach 1 Premium, Red, 6 speed. It has the HP spoiler, with Gurney flap, the HP wheels but is missing the parts a dealer is supposed to add on at delivery such as the front wheel well molding, the lower chin splitter and possibly the camber plates. If I can't see the original sticker is there other signs of an HP Mach 1? I checked the VIN on the lookup and it didn't indicate the packages it comes with. Thoughts?
did Canadian HP get that stuff though?

OP
OP
The stang dude

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
I think they should have gotten the cam er plates for sure. I recently saw a YT video from a recent Mach 1 purchaser that had to open a ticket with Ford because they didn't receive the afformentioned parts even though it was an HP. That's what got me thinking.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
They're all bolt-on parts, except for the MagneRide tuning so you never know. Sticker is your only choice. You can get it here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/window-sticker.107986/

Camber plates are factory installed, if it doesn't have them, it's not factory HP. Then again it doesn't matter as you can make it HP (or far better) easily yourself.

Sponsored

BossPapa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 1971 Boss 351 Mustang, 2019 F-250
I’ve seen window stickers included in Carfax reports if you can get one on this car?

OP
OP
The stang dude

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
I've also asked in the forum Linked above.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
They're all bolt-on parts, except for the MagneRide tuning so you never know. Sticker is your only choice. You can get it here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/window-sticker.107986/

Camber plates are factory installed, if it doesn't have them, it's not factory HP. Then again it doesn't matter as you can make it HP (or far better) easily yourself.
Some HP didn’t have the camber plates installed and were sent later. The whole thing is bolt on. Just see if you can find a nice Mach 1. They’re all the same. Just be prepared for a larger gas and insurance bill.

Johnny maverick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick xlt fx4 4k lux 89 cougar xr7 5spd 84
I know on fords website the handing package lists a "split bench folding rear seat." Is that a way to quickly visually tell a HP from a faux one? Is that available on any others? Also is the rear sub frame different in the HP? Please let me know. Thanks

Screenshot_20220924-165359_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230125_141748_Chrome.jpg

GT-DM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Redd
Vehicle(s)
GT500 & other heaps
I know on fords website the handing package lists a "split bench folding rear seat." Is that a way to quickly visually tell a HP from a faux one?
The '19/'20 Bullitt are a 480hp pp1
& had a split rear seats that folded individually.
Or are we completely misunderstanding the point of your question? I assumed all cars with premium interior had this, or even base mdls as well.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know on fords website the handing package lists a "split bench folding rear seat." Is that a way to quickly visually tell a HP from a faux one? Is that available on any others? Also is the rear sub frame different in the HP? Please let me know. Thanks

Screenshot_20220924-165359_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230125_141748_Chrome.jpg
Sure is. My subframe has styrofoam bushings. The HP pack cars bushings are made of pure copper and bonded to the chassis to further reduce electromagnetic interference to the computer which is grounded via 24 karat gold plated connectors to provide the least resistance possible. This is exclusively on the HP models as an undocumented feature. Bottom line, look for the pure copper bushings.

Johnny maverick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Sure is. My subframe has styrofoam bushings. The HP pack cars bushings are made of pure copper and bonded to the chassis to further reduce electromagnetic interference to the computer which is grounded via 24 karat gold plated connectors to provide the least resistance possible. This is exclusively on the HP models as an undocumented feature. Bottom line, look for the pure copper bushings.
Thanks for the info. I thought there was something. Also the rear sway bar is solid instead of hollow.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info. I thought there was something. Also the rear sway bar is solid instead of hollow.
Buddy…..I was kidding you. I made it up. 😂
Sorry. But that was funny!!

Johnny maverick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
The '19/'20 Bullitt are a 480hp pp1
& had a split rear seats that folded individually.
Or are we completely misunderstanding the point of your question? I assumed all cars with premium interior had this, or even base mdls as well.
Well ford listed it separately on the handing pack description so I wasn't sure if that was a hp only option. The op wanted to know if there was a way to tell one from another easily. That would be an easy way to tell if it were true.