Sponsored

This possible while using E85?

Fusion Training Systems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
I currently have a flex tune and each time I go from switching from 93 to E85, my car seems to do a few things it doesn’t while on 93.
I literally runs perfect on 93 and when switching fuels, when I come to a stop the car idles down to around 500 and feels like it’s going to stall but never does. On 93 it never does that.
Also when running 0-60ft, 1/8th mile and 60-120mph, it’s actually little slower. It doesn’t give you that “push you back into the seat feeling” like the car wants to keep pulling like it does on 93.
Could the timing, AFR and spark not be tuned correctly when it switches fuel?
Would having a designated 93 and E85 tune be a better option rather than flex?
Car literally feels like it’s losing power on 85.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Who's Flex tune are you using? Have you data logged with the tuner?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Mine acts funny too on the Flex tune when switching from E85 to 93. The car does not run as smoothly as it does on E85. It pops and stumbles, as well as feels like it’s down on power. I also have dedicated 93, E85R and nitrous tunes, although I run on the Flex tune the majority of the time.

OP
OP
Fusion Training Systems

Fusion Training Systems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
Who's Flex tune are you using? Have you data logged with the tuner?
I used a local tuner who has a great reputation with mustangs. He had it on the dyno and road along with me while data logging everything.
He himself owns the same year mustang as mine on a flex tune and never has issues.
Could it be also maybe the fuel I’m getting is lower than 85?

OP
OP
Fusion Training Systems

Fusion Training Systems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
Mine acts funny too on the Flex tune when switching from E85 to 93. The car does not run as smoothly as it does on E85. It pops and stumbles, as well as feels like it’s down on power. I also have dedicated 93, E85R and nitrous tunes, although I run on the Flex tune the majority of the time.
Do you notice a difference when you use the dedicated 85R tune compared to the flex.
Your issues you explained sounds exactly like mine.

Sponsored

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
I used a local tuner who has a great reputation with mustangs. He had it on the dyno and road along with me while data logging everything.
He himself owns the same year mustang as mine on a flex tune and never has issues.
Could it be also maybe the fuel I’m getting is lower than 85?
That could definitely be it. Remember that every gas station isnt getting the same mix unless it comes from the same refinery in the same tanker on the same day and I would always test the E before putting it in the tank. It’s tedious but it’s going to save you headaches down the road.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Do you notice a difference when you use the dedicated 85R tune compared to the flex.
Your issues you explained sounds exactly like mine.
Not really, but I’ve determined that the car likes both the Flex (with E85 only in the tank and the E85 tunes the best. I only have the issues I described when I switch from 93 to E85, so I try and run as much of the 93 out as possible before switching. Once I’m on my second fill up with E85, the car is running nice and smooth again.

OP
OP
Fusion Training Systems

Fusion Training Systems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
Not really, but I’ve determined that the car likes both the Flex (with E85 only in the tank and the E85 tunes the best. I only have the issues I described when I switch from 93 to E85, so I try and run as much of the 93 out as possible before switching. Once I’m on my second fill up with E85, the car is running nice and smooth again.
Thank you. I’ll run another full tank of E in it and see if smooths itself out.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Thank you. I’ll run another full tank of E in it and see if smooths itself out.
How much 93 did you have in the tank when you switched over to E and what is the ethanol content? I’ve found that not all stations have high ethanol content. I’ve gotten it as low as 62% and as high as 85% at the pump.

MurphGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Murph
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
This thread has been really informative.

Does anyone have dyno numbers on what the 93 and e85 tune add, rwhp wise? I've been debating between a 93 octane tune, a flex tune, or the dedicated E85 and am just curious on the power differences.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

Does anyone have dyno numbers on what the 93 and e85 tune add, rwhp wise? I've been debating between a 93 octane tune, a flex tune, or the dedicated E85 and am just curious on the power differences.
I recommend doing all three. I paid once for all three tunes and shortly thereafter, paid another $500 for nitrous.

I didn’t dyno my car on the Flex tune, but it made 469 rwhp and 434 rwtq on E85R tune. I’ve heard that the Flex is about 5 rwhp lower than the E85R tune.

OP
OP
Fusion Training Systems

Fusion Training Systems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
How much 93 did you have in the tank when you switched over to E and what is the ethanol content? I’ve found that not all stations have high ethanol content. I’ve gotten it as low as 62% and as high as 85% at the pump.
I ran the car down to zero miles left then filled it up with 85. Started the car up and let it idle for 10-15min. Then drove it around for 30min no more then 50% throttle.
Getting an Innovate Motorsport dual gauge ethanol kit installed in a week so I’ll least know what % the 85 is.

MurphGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Murph
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I recommend doing all three. I paid once for all three tunes and shortly thereafter, paid another $500 for nitrous.

I didn’t dyno my car on the Flex tune, but it made 469 rwhp and 434 rwtq on E85R tune. I’ve heard that the Flex is about 5 rwhp lower than the E85R tune.
Mines more of a daily driver so I feel like the dedicated e85 tune would be annoying for me.

I was debating between a 93 tune and a flex tune for the moment to add a little horsepower. I was just curious what everyone is getting from these types of tunes, performance wise.

OP
OP
Fusion Training Systems

Fusion Training Systems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1

I gained 21HP and gained 30 Torque.
I’ve seen some guys gaining little more.
I currently run a flex tune.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I ran the car down to zero miles left then filled it up with 85. Started the car up and let it idle for 10-15min. Then drove it around for 30min no more then 50% throttle.
Getting an Innovate Motorsport dual gauge ethanol kit installed in a week so I’ll least know what % the 85 is.
That’s a good idea on the gauge. You can also buy one of these to test it yourself. My nGauge reads percentage of alcohol, but I have also tested it myself many times. I keep it with me in the trunk of my car in case I ever need to use it.

https://www.amazon.com/Boost-Monkey...pcontext&ref_=fplfs&psc=1&smid=A1QJIVILP6SEYY
Sponsored