Considering a 2022 GT Premium

MISFITGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
23 GT Premium
I just cant decide if i want to give up the drop top. But i dont see me taking my kids in it more than short ice cream runs at 30mph with the top down
The question is whether you can live without a convertible or not. If you want one, buy one. This type of car is for enjoyment, and nothing else. It is not a financially smart decision.
Sponsored

OP
OP

vrhaines

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8
The question is whether you can live without a convertible or not. If you want one, buy one. This type of car is for enjoyment, and nothing else. It is not a financially smart decision.
Yeah - I could care less about the financial aspect (thankfully). I live in Pittsburgh so its a summer car only but. as a hard top it wont blast my kids with wind. who wants to drive a convertible with the top up?

MISFITGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
23 GT Premium
Yeah - I could care less about the financial aspect (thankfully). I live in Pittsburgh so its a summer car only but. as a hard top it wont blast my kids with wind. who wants to drive a convertible with the top up?
The only opinion I'll share on it is this. Personally the front two seats in a coupe are the most important. The back seats aren't existent, and only have tiny windows (assuming you don't cover them with louvers). The experience in a Coupe is for the front seats (in my opinion). If the car is for you to enjoy, and the focus is on you, go for that). The Convertible on the other hand, opens up the Mustang "view" and allows for a more open cabin experience (obviously). Personally, I love convertibles, but I prefer the coupe for the look and also so I don't have to ever replace the top.

OP
OP

vrhaines

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8
The only opinion I'll share on it is this. Personally the front two seats in a coupe are the most important. The back seats aren't existent, and only have tiny windows (assuming you don't cover them with louvers). The experience in a Coupe is for the front seats (in my opinion). If the car is for you to enjoy, and the focus is on you, go for that). The Convertible on the other hand, opens up the Mustang "view" and allows for a more open cabin experience (obviously). Personally, I love convertibles, but I prefer the coupe for the look and also so I don't have to ever replace the top.
That's also a fair point.

I'm just thinking - 12 year old Camaro. Brand new mustang. Big jump.

Sponsored

OP
OP

vrhaines

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8
any chance you have had kids in the back seat? Anyone with experience on that front?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
any chance you have had kids in the back seat? Anyone with experience on that front?
I have two kids, 13 & 10. Both are tall for their age, my son sits in the front seat most of the time (he’s just shy of 6’0”). He has sat in the back occasionally, my wife gets the front when we all ride in the Mustang. He has a hard time getting in and out of the back but once he’s back there he’s fine. My daughter has no issues back there. And they ride in my car every day to/from school

OP
OP

vrhaines

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8
I have two kids, 13 & 10. Both are tall for their age, my son sits in the front seat most of the time (he’s just shy of 6’0”). He has sat in the back occasionally, my wife gets the front when we all ride in the Mustang. He has a hard time getting in and out of the back but once he’s back there he’s fine. My daughter has no issues back there. And they ride in my car every day to/from school
Nice. Mine are 9 and 1. Cant wait to turn the 1 year old forward. I rode my daughter in a front facing and a high booster in my old camaro for years!

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Nice. Mine are 9 and 1. Cant wait to turn the 1 year old forward. I rode my daughter in a front facing and a high booster in my old camaro for years!
Nice. Yeah it’s so much better once they’re forward facing, the rear facing is such a pain. Especially with a 2 door coupe. I had a Cobalt SS when my oldest was a baby, talk about a pain to get the car seat in and out!

OP
OP

vrhaines

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8
Nice. Yeah it’s so much better once they’re forward facing, the rear facing is such a pain. Especially with a 2 door coupe. I had a Cobalt SS when my oldest was a baby, talk about a pain to get the car seat in and out!
how tall is your wife?

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

MISFITGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
23 GT Premium
I have not but I have had a few college students on and off. Everyone who has been back there has been fine, but I wouldn't keep super tall people back there for longer than an hour. They may go stir crazy

Edit: I've had plenty of girls who wanted to go for a joy ride sitting in the back seats comfortably. You should be fine. (Tallest one was maybe 5'10)

More Context: I'm 24.

OP
OP

vrhaines

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C8
local chevy dealer - at which my dad happens to be service manager - just got a 2022 1SS 1LE with 173 miles on it.

It's also a contender but from what I'm seeing; the back seat of the mustang is at least usable. MY recollection of the rear seat in the 6th gen camaro is laughable. Plus, Coyote? Plus, Grabber Blue!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
just get them Raybans for the wind, and style points, or a motorcycle helmet for the wind and street cred. helmet mohawk optional.
Sponsored