Sponsored

Weeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, Mach E GT
I appreciate Steeda trying this intake out.

If Ford Performance is listening, please, do more for the 2018+ Mustang folks who want to run this intake. The complimentary Cobra Jet intake is for a 2010-2014 Mustang and the matching throttle body requires a 3rd party electronics adapter.
Sponsored

Ransom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT, 09 Challenger Srt8
Ouch! Steeda mach1 tune peak 422/379. CJ 1 and 2 421/370 and 422/370.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Hey Chris, the HC filter is really a moot subject, the removal causes no issues with driving at all. I actually swapped the complete intake tube on my 22 Mach with a 2020 gt350 tube.

To date no issues for driving, CEL, anything. If breathes better. So I would think it would ok to try out a tune for a 21. Im no tuner and not trying to sound like I am. Just giving you guys some additional information that might help down the road for tuning.

Thanks for all the R&D for making our cars a better platform.
While we know the fix for the ‘22’s HC traps (and I’m sure Steeda and others are aware as well), if they’re labeled as emissions controlling devices, tuners and other aftermarket folks probably can’t/won’t touch them for fear of the EPA knocking on their door. So they would have to write the tune for the ‘22 assuming all that is still there. I don‘t pretend to be a tuner but that’s my educated guess.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
While we know the fix for the ‘22’s HC traps (and I’m sure Steeda and others are aware as well), if they’re labeled as emissions controlling devices, tuners and other aftermarket folks probably can’t/won’t touch them for fear of the EPA knocking on their door. So they would have to write the tune for the ‘22 assuming all that is still there. I don‘t pretend to be a tuner but that’s my educated guess.
You are correct, I didn’t think of the HC being an emission labeled device. Thanks for Bringing that up. Steeda, scratch my comment.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
You are correct, I didn’t think of the HC being an emission labeled device. Thanks for Bringing that up. Steeda, scratch my comment.
I would be curious since the removal of the trap doesn’t seem to throw a code on the stock tune if that would also be true on an aftermarket tune that assumes the HC is still there.

Sponsored

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
I would be curious since the removal of the trap doesn’t seem to throw a code on the stock tune if that would also be true on an aftermarket tune that assumes the HC is still there.
I was going to add the same thing in my comment earlier. As of now my car likes the gt350 cai, we have a road trip tomorrow for the track attack so I will get some highway miles on it as well. If it throws a code I will let you guys know. Thanks again for the peer check @MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I was going to add the same thing in my comment earlier. As of now my car likes the gt350 cai, we have a road trip tomorrow for the track attack so I will get some highway miles on it as well. If it throws a code I will let you guys know. Thanks again for the peer check @MAGS1
Enjoy the track attack!

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
I apologize for the confusion. Yes, we did tune our Mach 1 project car, but the issue unfortunately lies with SCT accepting the strategy codes for the newer model year Mach 1s. Even if we wanted and were able to tune these Mach 1s, we can't always because we still don't have access to all strategy codes. I've passed this request on (again) to our in-house Tuning team to check for an update.

As for Lund, yes, we've been working with Lund Racing for over 3 years on our Silver Bullet drag car. With all the extreme modifications to the Silver Bullet (Build List), we wanted to ensure everything is running to its peak capability.

Hi Schwerin - Hope you've been well! In theory, yes. But in action, no. In addition to the reasoning above, the Mach 1 is offered in A10, where the Bullitt was not. And for 2022, the changes to the MAF housing and carbon trap require a different calibration. I hope this helps shed further light on this. Thank you!
So, is the CJ2 something you can fit in the Mach without other modifications to the hood/engine mounts?

Idk if I need the power, but it would be maybe a fun thing to do for cosmetics/to tinker with

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Would be something if FP had a reasonably priced complete Cobra Jet Carb EO Power Pack and calibration for both A10 and Manual for 18+ that would be some good package including all pieces, procal, EO label, and I am sure lowering engine pieces thrown in.

Red65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 1965 Coupe, 2017 Premium MT GT
Probably a stingy dyno, all the numbers looked to be soft.
The exact numbers themselves don't matter. The fact that the new Gen 2 Cobra Jet makes the exact same power everywhere in the curve to the Gen 1 on the same car back-to-back tells you everything you need to know.