Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
So your saying the gain from E85 is only 10hp compared to a 93 tune?
so for gen 2 the gain on e85 vs 93 is about 10, gen 3 we have seen 20 on those when used with the flex tune we offer.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
I meant paying $5 a gallon for gas is a ripoff. Your tuner module appears to be on back order.
we just got them back in stock, so you can order and it will ship within a day or two

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
Does this work on the mach 1 ? i was on your site and when i clicked the mach 1 tab it came up with nothing
yes sir, It does work for the mach 1, just order the gt tuner they are the same.

Sponsored

Tom@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
I'm not looking for more performance and I don't drive a lot... 2500 miles a year. But E85 is $1.50 a gallon cheaper than premium. So, I'm wondering if it's worth the expense to swap over? I have heard it just requires a tune, but that seems a little too easy.
E85 is a great fuel source and will add some additional power even if that isn’t your primary reason for running it. Honestly, that price is the best i have seen lately so making the switch makes sense to me AND you can grab more power while you’re at it? Depending on your year and mods will determine if it is only a tune but i attached a picture to show what all is needed.

Lund or Palm Beach Dyno have these cars locked in with tuning so keep that in mind as well. If you have any questions please feel free to let us know. #TeamLethal

38D19255-4492-4353-859C-89629A25F787.jpeg

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Yes sir, same gains on the mach 1 vs GT
2 questions on the Mach 1 side.

what if the best e85 I have is only 69% when testing ? Worth it or not
what do you do differently than the gt with the shifting on the A10?

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)

even if the content of the ethanol isnt exactly e 85 we still see gains, and knock resistance. you will even see gains off of e30-e40 so, yes still worth it.

As with the 10r80 shifting, we do not change this specifically for the mach 1 but we do change the shift schedule, change line pressure, torque management and hang out the gears longer. The part throttle shifting is way better and less slushy than stock ford calibrations. It makes the car significantly more fun to drive. You still retain all of the factory drive modes as well.

Magnetic Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

69% is definitely worth it. Can't speak on the A10 difference as my car is a M6 but I've been running a flex fuel tune from Livernois since June and couldn't be happier. Drivability has been great as well as the power increase throughout the whole RPM range. Even normal driving has been more enjoyable shifting at 2 and 3rpm.

Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
69% is definitely worth it. Can't speak on the A10 difference as my car is a M6 but I've been running a flex fuel tune from Livernois since June and couldn't be happier. Drivability has been great as well as the power increase throughout the whole RPM range. Even normal driving has been more enjoyable shifting at 2 and 3rpm.
What is the process with the flex tune,
Do you need to data log on 93, then E85 to get flex tune?

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)

The beauty of our tuning is it does not require alot of back for forth. We send you an already vetted tune file that has been used on several vehicles, it's a proven formula. So data logging is not required. However if you would like to send logs and you would like to do any revisions we are able to do that and welcome it! This is a custom tune that you can load and go have fun right off the rip v.s. being sent a base file and then doing several back and forth logs and revisions to get the tunes done. and you do not need to pay anything extra to get revisions or the flex fuel tune.

The only thing with the flex fuel tune is there is a relearn process when you fill up but it is relatively simple.

Fill up at the gas station on monday with e 85, once you fill up you drive around at part throttle for about 15 minutes, avoiding prolonged stopping times. During this the car will start to trim itself for the fuel in the tank. You can even see what the car is doing if you use the tuner, it can even show you what the learned content in the tank is (pretty neat)

After that, you are done! Just do this any time you fill up with flex fuel or if you mix it with 91 or 93

If you do several tanks of 91-93, you will simply have to fill up as the content of ethanol in non flex fuel gas is consistent

Magnetic Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
It's pretty painless. Just told Livernois what mods i had and they sent a flex fuel tune file to load on the tuner i bought from them and then load on the car. That easy. I was a little nervous filling up with E85 for the first time though because I didn't know what to expect. You just fill up and drive normal for the ten or 15 minutes and the computer makes the adjustments. It's really that easy. I didn't have to data log anything.

SlowyoteJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Non-PP
In my honest opinion, it’s not worth it to go e85. You have to account for having to buy the tuning device/service, datalog to make sure the car runs well on it, and you have to test your e85 to make sure the ethanol content is sufficient. If you’re not looking for performance and you don’t drive it much, it’s not worth it.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
In my honest opinion, it’s not worth it to go e85. You have to account for having to buy the tuning device/service, datalog to make sure the car runs well on it, and you have to test your e85 to make sure the ethanol content is sufficient. If you’re not looking for performance and you don’t drive it much, it’s not worth it.
thats why a flex fuel tune is so good, and we do not require logging, fill up with "flex fuel" and go drive. for the most part its fill up and go, very minimal back and forth!

Love your car by the way!
Sponsored