Ordered a Mach 1 last week

Skeetlee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gregory
Vehicle(s)
F150, bronco badlands, f150 single cab
I’ve been waiting on my already built Devon o badlands while it sits on ice mountain waiting for a chip. The bronco has been built since Jan 26 I’m just about to give up hope on it. If fact I had my dealer order me a 22 Mach 1.
my question is will this just be more of the same or are the mustangs actually being built and delivered?
Sponsored

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
Mach 1's are in full production unless you ordered one with the handling package, those are delayed into May.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
you know there ALREADY are at least 2 or 3 threads on this. Can't you just use those?

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
you know there ALREADY are at least 2 or 3 threads on this. Can't you just use those?
Way to scare off the new guy, Matt! 😂

OP
OP

Skeetlee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gregory
Vehicle(s)
Takes a bit more than a key board warrior to scare this old bird away. Our current society is full of them and unfortunately there all the same!
thanks for the info gentleman!
Lee

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Takes a bit more than a key board warrior to scare this old bird away. Our current society is full of them and unfortunately there all the same!
thanks for the info gentleman!
Lee
Welcome to 6G! Yes there are extensive threads on this but in summary, the 21’s were delayed many times for many people due to parts shortages. There is a similar 22 order tracking thread that is starting to look a lot like our 21 thread did. If you ordered a car without heated seats or the handling package you have a much better chance of getting it in a relatively normal timeframe.

OP
OP

Skeetlee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gregory
Vehicle(s)
Welcome to 6G! Yes there are extensive threads on this but in summary, the 21’s were delayed many times for many people due to parts shortages. There is a similar 22 order tracking thread that is starting to look a lot like our 21 thread did. If you ordered a car without heated seats or the handling package you have a much better chance of getting it in a relatively normal timeframe.
This will be my very first mustang so I really wasn’t sure how I should set up my package. I did order the handling package though. I’d think that would be a pretty significant feature of the car? Is it not really necessary?
Thank you
Lee

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
This will be my very first mustang so I really wasn’t sure how I should set up my package. I did order the handling package though. I’d think that would be a pretty significant feature of the car? Is it not really necessary?
Thank you
Lee
If you're planning on tracking it a lot or if you just really like the look of the wheels, spoiler, and splitter, then it's worth it.

Mine likely won't ever see a track, as it'll be my daily and only vehicle, so I opted to skip it.

That said, I ordered back in January and still don't have a build date, like many others on here. I'd get it exactly how you want it, even if it means waiting longer.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Thank you
Lee
If you're not planning on tracking your Mach 1 regularly, then not only is the HP not necessary, but I would in fact highly recommend against it. The low ground clearance of the front splitter (and lower ride height IIRC?) combined with the unnecessarily expensive, noisy, tramline-y, and low-treadwear tires are ill-suited for the street compared to the non-HP car, which is an absolute joy on the street, and still VERY track capable.

Even if you decide you want some of that extra handling one day, slapping on some SC2s will probably make up 70% of the difference anyway. So I'd save your $3500 and X months of build time if I were you, unless you absolutely adore the look of those wheels, splitter, and spoiler.

EDIT: Looks like @Kachøw just barely beat me to it, heh.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Thank you
Lee
You get a lot of goodies with the handling package but probably won’t like the tires if you’re not tracking it. I got the HP and replaced the tires with Pilot Sport 4S in the same size and am very happy with the results, personally I love the HP appearance and stiffer suspension. But it’s also relatively easy to add the wheels, splitter and spoiler if you like the look but don’t want to wait longer.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Get the handling pack and put on Michelin PS4S. Sell the Cup 2's and break even or profit. You actually gain a little height back from the swap and zero tram lining. Don't let the naysayers convince you otherwise. Just be mindful of the splitter and roads you drive on.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
there is no hold or delays on HP M1s. They were always late build, late March, for 22 orders.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
there is no hold or delays on HP M1s. They were always late build, late March, for 22 orders.
That’s the way 2021 started also. My original production date was May 9 and it didn’t get built till end September. I called Michelin in July and asked when Cup 2’s would be produced in HP sizes and was told it was a very low priority niche order that they had no date for. People also commented on not being able to order the rear HP spoiler, there were delays on heated seat cars, etc. If they’ve built up stock on all that stuff for the 22’s that would be great for you guys!

OP
OP

Skeetlee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gregory
Vehicle(s)
Well I still don’t have a build date. I’m jonesing real bad too. Is anyone receiving their mach 1 with HP?
Sponsored