Sponsored

$1,000+ a month for new vehicles: Car payments "look more like mortgage payments"

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Problem is a used equivalent may cost more than new lately...I'm saving tens of thousands with my new truck on order. And I'm getting exactly what I want.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
My GT is < $500 and I feel like that’s high. Can’t even fathom shelling out $1k for a car that’s not of some super high status.

Part of me wants to sell while the market is high and just go buy something 10+ years old to drive.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
And ford is seeing rising defaults and repo's from their financial arm.

Penfed interest rates are up to 5pct+ vs 2 or less. With rates climbing either MSRP have to correct or terms below out.

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase

Penfed interest rates are up to 5pct+ vs 2 or less. With rates climbing either MSRP have to correct or terms below out.
I wonder why, when I bought my car this year they didn't ask for any proof of income, which I thought was weird, last time I bought a new car was 2018 but they sure as hell asked for pay stubs. Selling cars to people now a days that can't afford them in the first place.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
All the evils of CDO from the housing crash have been applied to autos. Not that housing isn't also going to crash this time too. It'll be a twofer

The Fed calls this innovation and financial engineering. They got bored with safe banking, and wanted to be exciting and hip at parties.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Ford’s rates are much higher then local credit unions, but they generally buy deeper. Current credit unions here are still around 3 percent. Little lower depending on the relationship. The reality is if a finance arm isn’t seeing some charge backs, there generally not buying deep enough And losing out. It’s part of the finance game.

NFG19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
All the evils of CDO from the housing crash have been applied to autos. Not that housing isn't also going to crash this time too. It'll be a twofer

The Fed calls this innovation and financial engineering. They got bored with safe banking, and wanted to be exciting and hip at parties.
Right and those poor souls in Crypto! A lot of them are on margin as well!

Highvolts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang 289
Ford’s rates are much higher then local credit unions, but they generally buy deeper. Current credit unions here are still around 3 percent. Little lower depending on the relationship. The reality is if a finance arm isn’t seeing some charge backs, there generally not buying deep enough And losing out. It’s part of the finance game.
Mine was/is financed at 2.9% in April. You are spot on.

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Seriously, for those financing $90k, $100k, $150k+ vehicles what's the loan terms, 30 years?? LMAO....

BAJOIE8121

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Necota
Vehicle(s)
17’ mustang gt
My GT is < $500 and I feel like that’s high. Can’t even fathom shelling out $1k for a car that’s not of some super high status.

Part of me wants to sell while the market is high and just go buy something 10+ years old to drive.
That what I almost did but I think I’ll just get a really cheap car put about 1200 down.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder why, when I bought my car this year they didn't ask for any proof of income, which I thought was weird, last time I bought a new car was 2018 but they sure as hell asked for pay stubs. Selling cars to people now a days that can't afford them in the first place.

Hell, every lender on the planet is doing that, they suck in the people that think there is a free lunch.

What the hell student loads could be washed why not all loans. TAX payer can handle it, cause we all know that the illegals will be picking up /adding to the tax base.

right ?

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Dave Ramsey would not approve!! 🤣🤣🤣

I’m not into borrowing money. Crazy that anyone could afford a $1000+ car payment, but just isn’t patient enough to save up for a little bit and just buy outright with cash. I started the cash car thing out of high school.
Depending on your situation saving up for large purchases can be difficult if not impossible. Millions of people live paycheck to paycheck. Saving for them is just not possible. Those of us who actually can afford the luxury of paying cash it is not always the best choice. I have a 72 month loan at zero percent interest. My cash is earning significantly more. Finding someone else to pay for financing is the way to go.

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
I retired 2 years ago and bought a new to me 21 GT and financed about $45k…$700 a month plus an additional $200 for insurance. I added an extra $1000 a month from my monthly 401k payout to help offset the cost and live comfortably…As I’ve said before I won’t be the richest guy in the cemetery…Life is good 😎
Sponsored