Anybody seen the LA news today?

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
As a Californian, I am impressed with the solicitude of people who have no connection to this state.
Sponsored

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
Wish I could be alive to see Nuclear Fusion in commercial use. Its our only
hope at this point.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
It's becoming obvious to me that western countries are perfectly fine cutting their legs off to be "green" without realizing that we need fossil fuel to bridge the energy gap. You can't just remove something as an option without having a fully fledged replacement ready to go. It takes gas to build and transport things so....

Unless of course the goal is to just make car ownership unaffordable for the masses, since that is whats going to happen.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Wish I could be alive to see Nuclear Fusion in commercial use. Its our only
hope at this point.
Nope our only hope is for the magic mushroom to kick in and we all get a turkish rug, sit on it and go for a ride.

The one thing everyone is forgetting is these EV vehicles are disposable units, this is what no one understands, and until everyone realizes this we are all going to be snowed into believing that EV's are the future, their not, they are just larger object for the landfill.

And to answer the befuddled question thats going to be asked as to how they are disposable units, easy, After approx. 5-10 year (if they last that long), guess how much its going to cost to replace the entire battery pack that you sit on top of that lines the bottom of the car? North of $15K, are you really going to spend that amount? I think not.

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
This is really not a big deal. All of the car companies have announced they are going zero emission only at some point. The dates vary but the ICE is eventually going the way of the horse and buggy. Car companies that do not have this in their plans will disappear because investment in their companies will dry up.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.

bloomerfan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Why does everyone think EV power is the end all solution and is as magical as a Unicorn's rainbow fart?

EV mining and landfills will cause more damage to the earth and environment than the last 100+ years of the gasoline powered vehicle (and subsets of gasoline powered equipment).

So wait, we're going to go full EV, but use ICE powered equipment to mine, ICE powered equipment to salvage, ICE and Dino-powered electricity to recycle, and put more pollutants into the sky from battery producing and recycling facilities that will take up ACRES of land....

Yep - makes sense... not.
Exactly ….Not to mention the US is putting everything into EV and the battery’s require precious metals that we buy from China. The world doesn’t understand that China is going to have control over every rare and precious metal on earth in 20 years. We will be their slaves more so than we are now due to cheap made merchandise . Also everyone thinks it always gonna be free to charge an EV away from your home but it will end up costing like gasoline.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
and more so ... Under the new proposed mandate, 35% of new cars, SUVs and small pickups sold in the state will need to be zero-emission starting in 2026, increasing to 68% in 2030 and 100% in 2035. Of those, 20% could be plug-in hybrids.

later it says...

One of the biggest roadblocks could be the lack of charging stations for electric cars. Nearly 1.2 million chargers will be needed for the 8 million zero-emission vehicles expected in California by 2030, according to a state report. Right now, there are only about 70,000 with another 123,000 on the way, falling far short.

Another obstacle is the cost of the vehicles. “The cost to manufacturers will be high per vehicle in the early years, but significantly decrease over time by 2035,” the air board’s staff report says.

Hey Newsom need to borrow a sledge hammer to get that square peg into the round hole?
I hope they have an extremely intensive electric grid upgrade.:cwl:

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
May fall on deaf ears due to the momentum of the EV talk.... but I think you may be correct.

Only the OP knows... but he did start some interesting dialog...!
All of the above is interesting conversation, but the article Tob provided is, well, shocking. He's the poster child of Anderson Composites and has deep roots with Ford and some of the players in the Cali scene. He is frequently seen on a lot of the 'kids YouTube videos as well.

So whats all this about nuclear fusion?

shelbykr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 2009 Shelby GT500KR 2008 Shelby GT-C
Is that the same guy that raced a 2020 CFTP at Willow Springs with the Youtube channel?

Last edited:

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
All of the above is interesting conversation, but the article Tob provided is, well, shocking. He's the poster child of Anderson Composites and has deep roots with Ford and some of the players in the Cali scene. He is frequently seen on a lot of the 'kids YouTube videos as well.

So whats all this about nuclear fusion?
Wow… in my ignorance, I did not know he was the poster child for Anderson, and I also know nothing about “Games of Thrones”.

This guy may need some cell time with some new unwanted boyfriends.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Hopefully it is found to be in error and he's exonerated. Sadly, I don't think it would have come to this if there wasn't some level of involvement. We shall see.
Sponsored