2022 GT500 order thread

04mysticobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 2018 F150, 2022 CFTP HE
Looks like a lot of build dates could be getting bumped.

ford announced today
Ford Motor Co (F.N) on Thursday said it would halt production at its Flat Rock Assembly Plant in Michigan next week, where it builds the Mustang, due to a global semiconductor shortage.

rumor has it could be a few weeks.
Dangit!
Sponsored

pkf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 CFTP, TRX, Wrangler Rubicon 392 AEV JL370

Torchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Welp guys,

Looks like yall are right. As of yesterday, my build day of 4/20 just got moved to 4/27 and that is per VV.

Sponsored

aidanmeade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem. Convertible 2020 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Prem
Anyone know what cleanup scheduling is?
1648906244957.png

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Anyone know what cleanup scheduling is?
1648906244957.png

"Cleanup Scheduling is the attempt to schedule a dealership's unscheduled allocation due to commodity issues or other factors."

Sponsored

04mysticobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
So I reached put to Ford Performance Info Center Inbox [email protected] (thnx Snoopy49) after hearing that my order request was placed by my dealership last week. I didn't have a VIN so I wasn't expecting anything at all but I included my dealer and order request info and was informed that my order was on material hold. I was a little surprised as it had only been a 4 days since the order request had been placed. I do not have a VIN but is this a good indicator that my order request is progressing or has a decent likelihood of getting a VIN?

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
So I reached put to Ford Performance Info Center Inbox [email protected] (thnx Snoopy49) after hearing that my order request was placed by my dealership last week. I didn't have a VIN so I wasn't expecting anything at all but I included my dealer and order request info and was informed that my order was on material hold. I was a little surprised as it had only been a 4 days since the order request had been placed. I do not have a VIN but is this a good indicator that my order request is progressing or has a decent likelihood of getting a VIN?
Did they say that it was order processing / material hold? Mine was placed on 3/28 and they are saying that it is order processing / material hold. From my understanding, it means that the order was sent to the plant and the plant received the order. The next step would be for it to become clean, then get a VIN / build week, then a build day, have it built, then delivered to your dealer.

04mysticobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
this is what I got.

“I show that you GT 500 is unscheduled – material hold at this time”

tnedator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Q7
mine is finally up at the ford tracking site. i dont think the digital/online renderings are very accurate though for certain colors but hey i aint complaining w forward progress here...

500_Tracking.png
The order number the salesman gave me is the same order number that was on my preview order. Is that the correct one? When I enter that order number and my VIN, it says "this vehicle is not available in order tracking at this time."

If I change the order number, just to see if that was the issue, it says invalid order number. So, I "think" the order number is correct.

Is this part of the problem with their order tracking being messed up, or do I need a different order number from the DORA?

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
The order number the salesman gave me is the same order number that was on my preview order. Is that the correct one? When I enter that order number and my VIN, it says "this vehicle is not available in order tracking at this time."

If I change the order number, just to see if that was the issue, it says invalid order number. So, I "think" the order number is correct.

Is this part of the problem with their order tracking being messed up, or do I need a different order number from the DORA?
Another glitch is that the order has to be tagged as a “Special Order” vice a stock order for the tracking to work properly. Some dealers don’t bother correcting this checkbox in the order system. Might be your issue.
Sponsored