2022 GT500 order thread

Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
21' GT500 - CFTP
I hear you. In regards to the HE, I'm curious if the actual production car will offer anything other than the color uniqueness. The GT350HE came with different badges and such. I saw this hood in one of the press releases but didn't see it on the car itself. If this does come cut into the hood white decals, will it be in the painted white and black stripes as well? šŸ¤žšŸ˜
I read that the hood decal is NOT on the production HE in either vinyl or paint options. It was simply a one-off demo.

Here's how I look at the HE package.

It costs $2140, but includes the vinyl top, and side stripes which by themselves cost 1375 total. So essentially, you are paying $765 for BB paint. Not the end of the world.

The HE painted stripe option is....IMO...kind of a rip-off from this standpoint. You lose the unique side stripes, still pay full price for the painted strip and still get charged $2140 for a total of 12140.

Yes...I'm still going painted because of the cool factor and ease of detailing (plus I can put random hideous aftermarket vinyl colors on it if I want over any ppf and still revert to stock.
Sponsored

RWCGT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
I considered playing that game. Are you going to buy them both if they come in? Can you opt out without a deposit loss? If you walk, they have to give you your deposit.... no?
Which ever order is built and delivered first will get my business, the deposits are all fully refundable. Here in the Bay Area, it's really hard to get one and everyone wants an ADM. I was fortunate to get a pretty reasonable ADM on both orders.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
I read that the hood decal is NOT on the production HE in either vinyl or paint options. It was simply a one-off demo.

It costs $2140, but includes the vinyl top, and side stripes which by themselves cost 1375 total. So essentially, you are paying $765 for BB paint. Not the end of the world.

The HE painted stripe option is....IMO...kind of a rip-off from this standpoint. You lose the unique side stripes, still pay full price for the painted strip and still get charged $2140 for a total of 12140.

Yes...I'm still going painted because of the cool factor and ease of detailing (plus I can put random hideous aftermarket vinyl colors on it if I want over any ppf and still revert to stock.
I have this exact train of thought. For someone who might want to "play" with the look or style of the car to keep things interesting, the painted stripes offer that. I'm going with the black painted stripes, but I'm already having fantasies about enjoying a set of white vinyls top and side for a season or two. That BB w white is a cool look but I don't want to be stuck with it. And I'm adding black vinly side stripes for sure. I just hope it doesn't look ridiculous with the painted tops.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I have always loved Iconic. Carbonized is an awesome color and it threw a little wrench in there but I have decided to stay with what I initially wanted. Anyway, here's my order. It's not 1 off or rare combo but it's what I want to live with and spend my money on.

22 GT500.jpg

Going to get a Tim B CF steering wheel to match the CF dash panel and new rims.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Voodoo GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2019 GT350 & 2023 Ford Raptor
2022 Grabber Blue CFTP, no stripes, black painted roof, tech package

i hope it looks like this... :cool:

1643908735056.png
Damn, that looks clean! Definitely one of my favorite combinations I've seen, and you eliminate the 10k POTTS option. Not needed in my opinion....

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
Damn, that looks clean! Definitely one of my favorite combinations I've seen, and you eliminate the 10k POTTS option. Not needed in my opinion....
No need? The stripes make it more aerodynamic. Especially the slick, expensive, painted kind.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
yeah i love the look and yeah saving that pots $$ is nice. OTOH, i am still torn on whether i should change my build to the HE with vinyl or POTS. and the main reason is value/appreciation down the road. otherwise i like GB better. but if i change it out i need to do it soon...

open to all your thoughts...

Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
yeah i love the look and yeah saving that pots $$ is nice. OTOH, i am still torn on whether i should change my build to the HE with vinyl or POTS. and the main reason is value/appreciation down the road. otherwise i like GB better. but if i change it out i need to do it soon...

That grabber blue would look pretty cool with black stripes and that black roof. Striking.

Voodoo GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2019 GT350 & 2023 Ford Raptor

The Grabber Blue is a very special color, and it will be like the 350, a one-year run (and those sell for a premium). I guess I'm partial to them because I absolutely love the old boss 302's with that color. It's an iconic Ford color and looks amazing. GB would be my vote and has me thinking I want one in that exact configuration. My wife will laugh at my dumb ass when I propose another addition to the family!

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
The Grabber Blue is a very special color, and it will be like the 350, a one-year run (and those sell for a premium). I guess I'm partial to them because I absolutely love the old boss 302's with that color. It's an iconic Ford color and looks amazing. GB would be my vote and has me thinking I want one in that exact configuration. My wife will laugh at my dumb ass when I propose another addition to the family!
yeah i love the look. the ONLY thing that makes me consider switching is seeing how the heritage R's have sold much higher than every other voodoo. i keep think, IF NEED BE, and i had to sell, the heritage CFTP would be the one to get. but my heart loves the new GBM...

Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
21' GT500 - CFTP

The HE painted stripe option is....IMO...kind of a rip-off from this standpoint. You lose the unique side stripes, still pay full price for the painted strip and still get charged a t $2140.

Yes...I'm still going for painted because of the cool factor and ease of detailing (plus I can put random hideous aftermarket vinyl colors on it if I want over any ppf and still revert to stock.
yeah i love the look. the ONLY thing that makes me consider switching is seeing how the heritage R's have sold much higher than every other voodoo. i keep think, IF NEED BE, and i had to sell, the heritage CFTP would be the one to get. but my heart loves the new GBM...
Hereā€™s how I look at it. If you are looking for investment alternatives in an inflationary period, and want maximum investment value get the CFTP HE (or a GT3) have it shipped and store it in a garage. I think there is indeed a good chance a pristine one will hold value or appreciate. A major aspect of appreciation in the 350s and Rs is the manual trans.

Otherwiseā€¦

If you want the car becauseā€¦.itā€™s amazing cool, has awesome engineering and fun and you want to drive it then this is not a financially optimal decision no matter how you slice it. The difference between a driven HE vs. GB is going to be minimal compared to the cost of the car itself. Iā€™d argue that a purchase made contingent on speculative value will simply negate the enjoyment of driving it. This car is not practical, itā€™s not a necessity.

I say do what your heart wants, and what will make you happy. Share the car with other people, kids, etc.I get more enjoyment out of giving people rides, finding out that there are people in my small tiny town who were Saleen tuners, raced original GT500s, who know what it is, and making my nieces and nephews giggle.

I think the GB in that rendering looks amazing. If itā€™s even close to that, you will not regret it.
Sponsored