Sponsored

Your opinion on personalized license plates...

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
I like the idea of being anonymous and I want my plate to be at least a little bit difficult to remember. I’ve already had one letter in the mail that somebody reported my driving.
Sponsored

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Be sure to add some graphics to your Cookie Monstang - might help clear up confusion about the vanity plate

cookiemustang.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
I always do a personalized plate, but use my last name.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
If it was me, I don't think I'd want my last name on it. I might occasionally do something that makes somebody angry...

As a tangent, I wish Texas would drop their rates on personalized plates. Our custom plates are way, way more expensive than surrounding states like OK ($23) or LA ($25). I think TX could raise a lot more overall revenue by dropping the rates to something that more people would be wiling to pay for.
Costs. Lol

Here in Ontario they start at $310 and go to $336.50. Plus 13%. So you’re looking at $350 for the plate. Then of course, have to pay $120 yearly for the sticker. Plus 13% again.

$25 for custom plates is crazy cheap!!!

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
In Ohio it's only $40 or $50, depending on the type of plate you use. I have a veteran plate and to get it personalized it only cost me 40, where as my wife has a standard plate and she paid 50 to get it personalized. And that is on top of whatever your plate fees are.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I like the idea of being anonymous and I want my plate to be at least a little bit difficult to remember. I’ve already had one letter in the mail that somebody reported my driving.
Then get a personalized plate BB88BB8

Sponsored

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
Then get a personalized plate BB88BB8
No, but I would get “illiili” if it didn’t cost an extra $255 per year on top of your normal registration fees.
It’s all good nothing came of that letter from “traffic watch”. It’s your word verse mine unless you have a dash cam and even then, the cops won’t waste their time unless it’s serious.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just don't add the huge and horrible UK front plate holder ... :puke:

In UK some plates are over $1M....they are freely exchanged with other parties. $10K for a good one not uncommon. When you see a good one you know there's cash or credit haha.
Yeah we have a one off plate cost (either from the DVLA or private).

There is a fee to keep it on 'retention' - only needed if the plate isn't being assigned to a vehicle.

There is a one off fee to put it on a vehicle (or move it to another vehicle).

There are no yearly or ongoing fees for a plate once it's bought and on a vehicle.

I have three plates (all cheap !), 1 x my name related, 1 x car make related and the one on the stang :

1642760765624.png

It didn't buy the beer purposely, it was a coincidence I only noticed after taking the photo ! (it was payment for a mate after using his ramp) :like:

WD :like:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I won't do it, less chance of someone calling me in for passing them going "too fast" lmao
Having a reasonably rare car (for the UK) in a reasonably rare colour, sadly that's just not an option for me ... :cwl:

WD :like:

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
You own a Mustang you're already a target and don't forget the smurfs. In 2009 I put a personalized plate on my ranger no issues backed then it cost $20 now it's close to a 100 It's not that I can't afford it it just turned into a greed of the government thing and I wasn't given them the money.
Sponsored