License plates

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
I moved from plate-requiring CA to plate-requiring ID. I have the plate, right there on the garage shelf along with the factory bracket. My CA dealer was kind enough to not drill the bumper on my factory-ordered car. We'll see if anyone in ID really strongly feels I need it installed.
Sponsored

JGonvardi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP CO
I live in California and don't have a front license plate. Also have a light tint on my door windows. I've had no issues, matter of fact I've gotten a thumbs up from a police officer as I drove past. I did buy a bracket from ccmustangbrackets but I haven't had to put it on. Police will leave you alone if you're not being a jackass.

Glacierbrew907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
I'm in california too, SoCal Antelope Valley. I've made it 10 months with no front plate on and no problems. Before the mustang, since I moved to Cali 3 years ago, no front plate and no fix it tickets. Just a speeding ticket because he wasn't using radar, my detector didn't go off, but it's not like he walked around to the front to check. Cop didn't show up to court and dismissed!

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
This was one of the redeeming values of moving to Louisiana from Texas... no more stupid front listen plates.

ForTheHordeKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Performance Package
I didn't even get one. I asked the salesman to throw it out. I guess he did:clap2:
Check the spot in your trunk where the spare tire goes? Mine doesn't have a spare tire, not sure if that's because of the PP or if none of our cars came with one. I got some little jumper kit thing instead, and my front license plate bracket was hiding in there with it too.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bubbachunks

Forever Ford!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Millenium Falcon
Check the spot in your trunk where the spare tire goes? Mine doesn't have a spare tire, not sure if that's because of the PP or if none of our cars came with one. I got some little jumper kit thing instead, and my front license plate bracket was hiding in there with it too.
Other than a cheap air compressor and the funnel for the gimmicky fuel opening there is nothing there.

ForTheHordeKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Performance Package
Other than a cheap air compressor and the funnel for the gimmicky fuel opening there is nothing there.
Weird lol. Mine is some cheap little jumper thing. I haven't pulled it out to look and see if you have to pre-charge it up or if it works like the one I keep in my shed where you just plug it into a outlet in the wall and jump your battery instantly that way.

It's almost like somebody just spun a little wheel and randomly threw in whatever it landed on into the trunk hahaha. I kind of wish I'd have won the roll that dropped the spare tire instead LOL.

Dawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT convertible
I've got the Sto-N-Sho on my Mustang. It works ok, but it looks a little weird down there. I'm kinda liking the way the Craig's looks. Might give it a try.
I also had the Sto-N-Sho on my ScatPac but it kept scraping the plate and the mounting point is so far back from the spoiler lip that it was wobbly and unstable. I took it off and drilled the bumper and installed the factory plate holder. I hated doing it, but Illinois is a front plate state and they enforce it pretty diligently and I hate courtrooms. The factory holder on the Dodge is actually pretty solid.
Sponsored