Sponsored

License plates

Bubbachunks

Forever Ford!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Millenium Falcon
Anyone here ever mount a license plate to the front of their Mustang?
In my craptastic state a front plate is required. My Monrony sticker lists a front license plate bracket but I don't see any way to actually mount the plate.
Sponsored

ForTheHordeKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Performance Package
Can you get away with keeping the plate visible somewhere in your front window, on your dash when you drive around? I've been told some states make that allowance and some don't. I don't think my state necessitates a front plate, but if it did I'd probably opt for keeping my front plate on my dash before I went drilling in to the front bumper.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Ca here as well. Going to hold off as long as possible or well until they pull me over. Just too pretty to drill into. Whats the point of front plates when they need to get behind you regardless to pull you over. My view atleast.

oldgeezer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT base, Ingot Silver, 6MT, 3.55
CA here too. The dealer was going to leave the bracket in the trunk. I told 'em to put it on. Same reason I got a silver car - I prefer to fly under the radar. Not having a front plate when it is legally required just gives the chippies an excuse to pull you over.

Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I don't get why a front plate is needed. if your pulled over , the cop sees this...

[/URL][/IMG]

Not this.....:tsk:

[/URL][/IMG]

We don't require a front plate here.:D Looks so much cleaner:thumbsup:

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
They are needed for traffic cameras. They get your pic from the front and rear. Maybe get a sto-n-sho front plate mount? I would have if the plate holder wasn't already on the car.

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-2015LPF/2015-Mustang-Sto-N-Sho-Detachable-License-Plate-Bracket
Alot of the towns in my area did away with them. Guess they weren't holding up well in court.
Im not worried about the CHP, they seem to be pretty busy with the low lifes, high speed chases, bank robberies. If it happens it happens.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
CA here too. The dealer was going to leave the bracket in the trunk. I told 'em to put it on. Same reason I got a silver car - I prefer to fly under the radar. Not having a front plate when it is legally required just gives the chippies an excuse to pull you over.
Exact same rides, what part of Ca are you from?

BigBen619

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigBen
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush RS
I got the Sto-n-Sho. The hidden bracket is mounted, the part that clips in with my plate is in my trunk. I put it on if I don't want to get harassed that day for whatever reason. Usually it's in my trunk. If I get pulled over I'll act like I thought it was on, and that I must have left it off after the "car show" last weekend. Easy to clip on and get signed off should I get a fix-it ticket.

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
If you are interested in a factory bracket, let me know. I just took mine off.

atekido

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
just get th sto-n-show whatever mount. I got it took 10 minutes to install. works perfect and avoid drilling into the front bumper.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
If you are interested in a factory bracket, let me know. I just took mine off.
I didn't even get one. I asked the salesman to throw it out. I guess he did:clap2:
Sponsored