Sponsored

2022 GT500 - Not doing allocations this year?

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
Just checked inventory here in San Antonio area: before the holidays there were 13 GT500’s listed. Only one today. It’s a TO base that had a blend date of 11/29/2021. So it’s a late build.
Checked DFW area and six available. Half are CFTP.
The 2021’s are going quick.
If you search for new 2021s on Autotrader, there are 330 in the country for sale. I was looking in mid December and their were 400+. They seem to be moving well enough. No point to drop prices in middle of winter when spring is here in 2 months and demand goes up.
Sponsored

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
I have heard the same with the caveat that your ford pass points will help (or hinder if not enough) get your order through faster for a Shelby in 22. It was a rumor but similar story line “a friend of a friend”. Similar sounding though. How that combines with fords statement that each dealer would get 1/2 last year but at least one, who knows. Not to mention, 22 is not off to a great start considering supply chain shortages before it even begins.

That’s said, getting around that for dealers won’t be hard. I lost count of the number I called on that where ordered as retail orders but where available for sale. One dealer even admittedly holding a bidding war on a car ordered for an individual. NOPE.
Ford pass points are attached to an email address. Unless something has changed, I'm not sure there is a mechanism to connect an order and email addresses at the dealership level. Generally the only information is first initial and last name as seen on countless DORA/VOC

tnedator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Q7
Just checked inventory here in San Antonio area: before the holidays there were 13 GT500’s listed. Only one today. It’s a TO base that had a blend date of 11/29/2021. So it’s a late build.
Checked DFW area and six available. Half are CFTP.
The 2021’s are going quick.
Have you checked with your dealer about this rumor that there will be no allocations this year?

Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
The problem with the GT500 market is you have quite a few dealers buying up allocations from other dealers at a premium then putting a premium on top of that once they have them. Hopefully Ford can do something to incentivize dealers to sell them to real people not other dealers.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Lol. Ford is doing an absolute terrible job communicating.
Sometimes, there are reasons to not communicate…

If they know they are using the previous system and what the numbers look like, why not get the initial allocations out there and get the orders & $$ flowing?
On the other hand, if things are changing, better wait until they have the process ironed out. You may recall the Ford GT system had a few wrinkles up front…. And now they are tweaking the Lighting order system.

The Romeo engine plant is closing where the niche line is located. Not sure I ever saw official dates for this action. Does that factor into the production volume & schedule? :facepalm:

OP
OP
Bigbel07

Bigbel07

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Belmin
Vehicle(s)
13 gt500 owner
Sometimes, there are reasons to not communicate…

If they know they are using the previous system and what the numbers look like, why not get the initial allocations out there and get the orders & $$ flowing?
On the other hand, if things are changing, better wait until they have the process ironed out. You may recall the Ford GT system had a few wrinkles up front…. And now they are tweaking the Lighting order system.

The Romeo engine plant is closing where the niche line is located. Not sure I ever saw official dates for this action. Does that factor into the production volume & schedule? :facepalm:
You have a point but I feel like it’s silly to change it up for the last year especially with production issues already. That just adds another step

Sponsored

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500
The problem with the GT500 market is you have quite a few dealers buying up allocations from other dealers at a premium then putting a premium on top of that once they have them. Hopefully Ford can do something to incentivize dealers to sell them to real people not other dealers.
They should prioritize special orders that have a buyers name on it and provide Ford with a copy of the contract to avoid fake customer orders. Stock orders should go to the back of the line to keep them from ending up as showroom trophies. There are plenty of buyers out there that there is no need for stock units. To really stop ADM the GT500 should be a special order only vehicle. It Ford doesn't get enough special orders, then they can build stock units.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Let's face it. Dealers will do what dealers do. This isn't going to change anything.

Today I called my dealer to ask what gives. The answer i got was theybare taking a list and the GM will decide who gets what.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Ford it trying to pull off an incredibly difficult transition from overstocked dealers and wholesale with perpetual discounting and incentives to built to order at least 50 % at full margin.
not hard at all. No floor-planning. Dealer buys the car outright for full freight. Ford washes their hands of the VIN immediately and makes ZERO concessions and incentives across the board, period.

If a dealer has units he can't move he loses his ass discounting them out of his profits till he unloads them.

Ford's MSRP is stupid inflated as it is. Slash MSRP by 10-25% depending on pricing tier and you can sell vehicles for *honest* MSRP all day long and maintain margin. Dealers can figure out how to stay in business on 5% margin. Indeed they should be able to survive at ~3%. They have vastly too much headcount and inefficient business processes and property obligations.

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank the unions and trade protectionism for inflated prices.
sure, but given the common/customary rebates Ford bandies around on a typical year, just slash the MSRP to where they belong and you can stop playing these games. Ford HQ shouldn't be in the business of bailing out irresponsible/stupid dealers. FAILURE is GOOD. BANKRUPTCY is GOOD. Merciless application of survival of the fittest is healthy.

BrakeFade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E39 M5, '21 CFTP GT500
Those days are long gone as of GFC. Ford pricing does reflect imminent 8-12 % discounts and free money, however, seems those days may be gone so just have to buy Ford stock I guess.

I got a $3500 discount and $600 dealer doc fee on my Sept order for a car that there is no competition to except fuggly BMW maybe and used verts in the 50-80 K range that are way to shower for me. I'm happy.
What kinda car did you order?
Sponsored