Sponsored

2022 GT500 last year to be built?

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Burt
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
2022 MY Will be the last year for the s550, the next gEN car will be based on the CD6 Unibody architecture from the new explorerUnibody architecture from the new explorer. So this means A hybrid is coming in someway shape or form
Sponsored

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Are resale values @ their best now or when the last 2022 is made?

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Are resale values @ their best now or when the last 2022 is made?
I feel the chip shortage has made the resale more valuable now than for after the 2022's are finished.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I feel the chip shortage has made the resale more valuable now than for after the 2022's are finished.
I think this shortage will not be long term. Eventually we will get back to standard ops and the car market will correct itself.

Kane00

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Past: F40, 512M, 512, Diablo SE30, LM002, 360 Stad
I think this shortage will not be long term. Eventually we will get back to standard ops and the car market will correct itself.
Yes, totally agree. It will even out within 12 months.

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Yes, totally agree. It will even out within 12 months.
I believe things will be back to normal by next summer too. Not buying any vehicles until then.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I agree. What I am saying is the resale value is probably more now than it will be when all the 22’s are produced only because of the current shortage. Once things are back to normal, the values will reset to normal.

Kane00

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Lot of people are panic buying in all segments of the sports car market which is crazy. Some of my Ferrari guys and I are laughing at the really dumb purchases at way over value. It's going to calm down and when it does, some people aren't going to be happy with the prices they paid. No one seems to remember that this has happened before and each time it doesn't end well. lol.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Lot of people are panic buying in all segments of the sports car market which is crazy. Some of my Ferrari guys and I are laughing at the really dumb purchases at way over value. It's going to calm down and when it does, some people aren't going to be happy with the prices they paid. No one seems to remember that this has happened before and each time it doesn't end well. lol.
ADMs have always been controversial. The people who can afford to pay them and want the car no matter what will be fine. The people who are buying thinking this is the new norm that have some kind of expectation of future value will be severely disappointed.

Back to what I said a while ago, its a great car, but I didn't and wouldn't pay any more than I did for it. The 20K and 30K crowd better not expect to ever see any part of that money down the road. I feel that way because I am value oriented. I am well off, but I value money and don't throw it away unnecessarily. For people with large amounts of disposable cash, it doesn't matter because it is small potatoes. Avg Joe reaching into his pocket for an extra $20-$30K above a price he could barely afford is a whole other story.

Kane00

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Totally agree. I put a value that I would pay 5K over for a CFTP and that was it. Got it and I'm happy. This isn't my be all to end all car, its a DD. Same as yourself, to me 20k-30K ADM is koo koo land.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Totally agree. I put a value that I would pay 5K over for a CFTP and that was it. Got it and I'm happy. This isn't my be all to end all car, its a DD. Same as yourself, to me 20k-30K ADM is koo koo land.
Likewise.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
A manufacturer can’t just ”drop” a motor into any given platform. Doesn’t work that way in modern cars and regulation. Let alone size weight, fitting inside the chassis This isn’t Hot Rod Magazine 1995. Supply chains, physical production lines, testing, etc etc etc. The massive amount of money then that it takes to add a new engine. The 7.3 is never happening. Ford is putting its resources into the future and that will be hybrid and electric power plants augmented by turbos. Sad but true.
No matter how hard EV is pushed by politicians in the US and automakers try to adjust to it, mass adoption will never be viable until our national electric grid can actually support it. California, arguably the biggest proponent of EV, can't even get through one summer without rolling blackouts; forget about adding millions of charging electrics to the grid. Renewables won't support it and the EV visionaries are tart on fossil fuel and nuclear plants. I can see hybrid as a transition technology in the interim because we are many decades away from full EV adoption, maybe longer. Our infrastructure needs a massive overhaul before that can even begin to happen.

Kane00

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
No matter how hard EV is pushed by politicians in the US and automakers try to adjust to it, mass adoption will never be viable until our national electric grid can actually support it. California, arguably the biggest proponent of EV, can't even get through one summer without rolling blackouts; forget about adding millions of charging electrics to the grid. Renewables won't support it and the EV visionaries are tart on fossil fuel and nuclear plants. I can see hybrid as a transition technology in the interim because we are many decades away from full EV adoption, maybe longer. Our infrastructure needs a massive overhaul before that can even begin to happen.
That's why GM will be all electric by 2035, Ford is putting most of it's development funding into electric and hybrid, Lamborghini will be all hybrid and electric by 2025, Porsche and Ferrari are going to be 40% electric......you may not like it, but it's coming fast and the car companies are already putting the majority of their dollars towards it.

LastV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
1993 Fox 306, 2020 301A PP2
Vehicle Showcase
Yup. There is ALOT of inflated markets right now (look at the luxury watch industry, in particular, Rolex watches right now...). In Canada, GT350R prices (used, at dealers) are fucking stupidly priced. "That's the market", they replied. Really? Cause, they've all been sitting for a while now.

I'll wait it out, I am VERY happy with the car I got, saved my money in appreciating assets till the time is right :)

LastV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
1993 Fox 306, 2020 301A PP2
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, I agree... and it further amazes me the push for EV all at the same time they are calling for cleaner produced electricity. I am waiting to laugh my ass off.
Sponsored