The stang dude

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
Hello; Don't know if the tide is turning on high used car prices but had an interesting phone call today. I had called about a 2011 Crown Vic last week to eventually replace my 21 year old sedan daily driver. I told him my top offer was a specific amount and no point to look at his car if that was not enough. He wanted about two grand more and was firm last week. So, I thanked him for listening to me and forgot about it.
He called today wanting me to look at his car. I told him again what the most I might offer is and he says we can work something out. We will see. Do not know if the car is worth having but it has around 48,000 miles while my old car has near 140K.

The only way I know to get the prices down is for buyers to walk away for the high prices. If we keep paying the prices will stay high.
He's asking $52900. The number in my head to give up on the Magneride and Active exhaust and say the history of the Mach 1 is $45000. (Evil me wants to offer $40k flat. That could be insulting) Cash no loan required. I have a query into my local dealer for the Mach 1. I'll have to finance that but I can wait for the car. Can't drive it until late April normally so I have the time.
Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
He's asking $52900. The number in my head to give up on the Magneride and Active exhaust and say the history of the Mach 1 is $45000. (Evil me wants to offer $40k flat. That could be insulting) Cash no loan required. I have a query into my local dealer for the Mach 1. I'll have to finance that but I can wait for the car. Can't drive it until late April normally so I have the time.
Hello; Had an episode several months ago. Fellow had a decent 1997 or 98 Mustang for sale. I drove to Elizabethton TN to look at it. I made an offer and he said no, not enough. We were about $1500 apart. A couple weeks later he texted and wanted to know if I would go up $500. I said I would only if I could do a more thorough inspection of the car. At first he was OK with my having it on a lift for a good look see. He asked what i wanted know. I mentioned checking to see the condition of brake lines, finding out when the brake fluid, trans fluid, rear end fluid had been changed last and such.
The guy got mad and went on a rant at that. I do know why that set him off. But I did not go look at his car again. An offer of less money is a practical way to start dickering on a deal. I generally figure a seller starts asking higher than they will take so i start lower than I will spend.

One other thing is with a low initial offer and if the car turns out to not be as nice as you really expected the money saved can go to fixing it up and still be a decent price. So go ahead and offer $40 K. You might get a call back.

food_fanaticz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT Premium
Tolerance is low. Each chip takes a away a bit of my soul and that's on my daily driver. 😐 I know not healthy but it's the way I'm wired. Love my car's.
That's how I felt lol I had a professional detailer do PPF and ceramic coat. PPF for the front..full hood, bumpers, headlamps, fenders, mirrors and trunk lid. Also included ceramic coating on top of the PPF. Yesterday it rained, while driving the water beads literally flew off the car until there was barely any drops of water left. It makes washing the car so easy.

OP
OP
The stang dude

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
As an owner of a PP1 optioned exactly how I want it, I would go for the M1.
That's saying alot. Got a query into my dealer for a Mach1.

Sponsored

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
I saw your car for sale. That must be hard. I was curious about the XPEL and ceramic coating. Is both recommended? $6500 seems pricey for the XPEL but what do I know.
Thats a really significant fraction of the price of the car. I could see spending a couple hundred bucks to cover the leading edge of the hood etc but that feels like the people who put plastic bags on their furniture. Id rather put $6500 towards a whipple.

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
Thats a really significant fraction of the price of the car. I could see spending a couple hundred bucks to cover the leading edge of the hood etc but that feels like the people who put plastic bags on their furniture. Id rather put $6500 towards a whipple.
That's how a lot of my friends feel as well. So do whatever that suits. One of my friend plans to buy a 250K Porsche but not PPF it so...

OP
OP
The stang dude

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
So update. The used car guy called and he's sounding desparate.
Ford dealer told me 12-14 weeks for delivery of either GT or Mach 1 which of course I take with a grain of salt.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
So update. The used car guy called and he's sounding desparate.
Ford dealer told me 12-14 weeks for delivery of either GT or Mach 1 which of course I take with a grain of salt.
And what is the cause of his desperation? Could there be an issue with the car or does he really need to unload it. Remember it’s not a deal unless you really, really want it.

OP
OP
The stang dude

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
I'm in no rush to have it in my hands, it's April before I could drive it. Ya that car is three options short of perfect plus the warrenty consideration. I liked your last line which is a good point to remember.

OP
OP
The stang dude

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
Probably because they are not selling aquay at inflated or even MSRP because people waiting it out if they can...
Hey Hanavarian,
I forgot to give you a shout out earlier. I appreciate your advice. So if I went used I would pay cash and live with a lower bank balance which would be ok if it was perfect. I'm heavily leaning towards new and pulling the trigger and locking in the interest rate before they start raising them which could happen as soon as later this month. The price for 2022 went up a bit. The choice is between the Mach 1 I spec'd earlier and the PP1 401a GT. I'm leaning to pulling the trigger this weekend if they'll guarantee the rate. Then of course it'll be worse than waiting for Christmas.😁😭

Last edited:
OP
OP
The stang dude

The stang dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 Auto
OMG dealing with dealers is killing me slowly. I have the info for the GT but that dealer wasn't alloted a Mach1 so had to go to another dealer to get info for the Mach1 and they still haven't confirmed if they are alloted one for 2022. They do have one in their showroom. Fighter Jet gray model no handling package 600A. Looks marked up at least $5k.

Gawd this is the painful part.

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
OMG dealing with dealers is killing me slowly. I have the info for the GT but that dealer wasn't alloted a Mach1 so had to go to another dealer to get info for the Mach1 and they still haven't confirmed if they are alloted one for 2022. They do have one in their showroom. Fighter Jet gray model no handling package 600A. Looks marked up at least $5k.

Gawd this is the painful part.
AFAIK there isn't an allotment for the mach 1. If they put in a retail order they will get one. They may be trying to sell you one they have coming in already.
Sponsored