My 2022 order

Elamcup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Ecoboost MT-82, Chassis N0078
My favorite is when adaptive cruise picks up a car from a lane over slowing down and your car will randomly slow down thinking it's in front of you then realizes, "Oh crap, that car isn't in front of me, it's actually a lane over, speeding up!". At least that's what my Accord has done a few times. I don't have that garbage on my Mach 1 thankfully. I would rather just have regular cruise control and use it when there's very light traffic / not many hills.
Sponsored

Elamcup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
I'm with you Zelek, I think it's crap too. These devices are for people who can't drive.

njlime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mustang GT/CS Vert-'18 Volvo XC60-16" MKC
I personally don't like or use adaptive cruise control other than on roads with very minimal traffic.
When you car slows down because of the car ahead of you & you pull into the next (open) lane to pass, the pause is too slow before it re-accelerates, sometimes to the point that there is not enough time to safely make the pass if someone is coming up in the fast lane. I just prefer to have control over such moves. Maybe it goes back to years ago when I drove a VW Beetle & passing anything on the road was a matter of timing & precise strategy!

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, 2020 GT350 Heritage
If you are considering a spare tire kit and want to save some money, here is something to look at:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174181676086

I purchased one of these when I had my 2015 Mustang GT, and it worked out well. I am likely to purchase it again for my 2022 GT order.
That's a nice spare tire set and affordable. Any idea what that kit weighs. My convertible is heavy as it is with the frame rails and K brace.

Sponsored

Elamcup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
Congratulations on your efforts to endear yourself to all those forum members who do not know how to drive. :like: :clap:
Thank you. Now if Ford could only figure out how to make turn signals work automatically.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
I personally don't like or use adaptive cruise control other than on roads with very minimal traffic.
When you car slows down because of the car ahead of you & you pull into the next (open) lane to pass, the pause is too slow before it re-accelerates, sometimes to the point that there is not enough time to safely make the pass if someone is coming up in the fast lane. I just prefer to have control over such moves. Maybe it goes back to years ago when I drove a VW Beetle & passing anything on the road was a matter of timing & precise strategy!
There is nothing stopping you from using your right foot when you pull out of the lane to pass.
The system is designed so you don't have to turn on and off the c/c ,also to keep a safe distance between you and the other vehicle. Something the old type did not do.
I like it on long drives, You still have to pay attention, and if you pull out to pass, use your foot.
Bumper to bumper traffic I don't use it, and would not anyways. But light traffic, because I am paying attention I can most times change lanes before the system is slowing the car and then change lanes to pass.
It is very nice on hilly roadways, and mountain roads .
Tractors can have speed swings of 30mph from flat land or descend to climbing it. Long drives using rigs draft helps with less fuel stops, I want to draff them but not end up under them.

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota Tacoma
That's a nice spare tire set and affordable. Any idea what that kit weighs. My convertible is heavy as it is with the frame rails and K brace.
I think the spare tire kit is about 30 pounds in weight, give or take.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
With the mischievous purple I would go 401a so you can get the showstopper red leather. I think Iā€™m going with that combo.
Red and Purple, sounds prettier than a Kansas City Cat House. šŸ¤ šŸˆ

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Thank you. Now if Ford could only figure out how to make turn signals work automatically.
It Does, Comes with the ESP & Magic Pack.

OP
OP
moomoo

moomoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Yep and little less power.

OP
OP
moomoo

moomoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Just curious on when VIN would get assigned. Ordered on 1/8 (two weeks ago). Got order confirmation email right away so they have correct email. I do have late availability color (2/7), so assuming it will be after that but figured I would ask. thx.

fcuboi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium
Just curious on when VIN would get assigned. Ordered on 1/8 (two weeks ago). Got order confirmation email right away so they have correct email. I do have late availability color (2/7), so assuming it will be after that but figured I would ask. thx.
I ordered a mischievous purple on 12/27 and haven't gotten a VIN yet either. Like you said it's likely that we won't get it 'til maybe the first week of Feb.
Sponsored