moomoo

moomoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
F-250
IMO the Purple might as well be black except in strong sunlight. stock rims are pretty shitty so take that same $1000 for the 'black accent' group and spend it on actually good wheels - 19x9.5 or 10 wide. For the rest, buy some Plasti-Dip.
I like black too.. Wife and kid like this purple. So should be best of both worlds.

OP
OP
moomoo

moomoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Thanks for all the suggestions...off to dealership to place order.

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 22 GT Prem PP
you get the nav, you get the extra speakers, you get a c/d player, and it is harder today to add it after you find the base isn't good enough.
I have not seen one, but I'd think(someone correct me if I'm wrong) the base 6 speaker set up, will not have the door panels that the b/o has to allow for the 3 way front speakers ,etc.
I like my music. I didn't want to have to spend 3k after buying the car to install more gear and hope the shop knew what they are doing, The days of just swapping head units running a few rca's and adding an amp are long gone.
All I can say, coming from the Bronco 6g forums, the B&O audio is not highly regarded over there.

I spent 1k USD on stereo gear and increased the sound far beyond what B&O could do.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
All I can say, coming from the Bronco 6g forums, the B&O audio is not highly regarded over there.

I spent 1k USD on stereo gear and increased the sound far beyond what B&O could do.
I agree, but if you are going to install good door speakers separates , you want the door panels with the openings/grills for the drivers and the brackets to mount the better units.
My thinking is the 900 bucks the b/o system cost, is most likely less than going to the ford parts department, and ordering 2 door interior panels, all the clips and then the brackets that hold the 3 way drivers, and the wiring if you need that.
Having known that the B/O home hifi gear was just philips electronics in a fancy case. I wasn't expecting the world from the Ford branded B/O systems in either vehicle I own with them. I found it good enough to put on hold any changes ATM. Seems the small plastic formed sub box is the biggest complaint , some of my music it is fine, some it is more of a drone than bass. But that is more the small box than anything else. Take this with a grain of salt, because at my age (far past over the hill and gaining speed) my hearing isn't what it was at 18 .

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
It's the worst outcome....you can always put superior leather in for $3K max (incl heated seats) and a $1.5K will get you better sound than B&O.

If you can afford it get what you want.

Even if you order base model A option you are getting 98% of full load and can end up with a better car with aftermarket as cash allows.

Personally, for the price of a full load GT I'd rather get a used AM or restomod.
I'd think, but could be wrong that it take a bunch of extra parts to install the cooling duct work and controls for the seats.
My sweat glans are over active, so the cooled seats are heaven.
I rented a Ford torus with them before I went looking at stangs to see if it was a gimmic or really worked/helped.
It was, and made the package with them go from a want to it has to have it.

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350

Thats my plan. First add a sub to the 9 speaker system an go from there. It’s easy to spend the moon an car audio, but doing better than oem isn’t hard. Plus is a loud car anyways, not a merc or something. Ill save my audio $ for home where i can hear it.

OP
OP
moomoo

moomoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Order is in. Paused until 2/7 as expected for late availability color. Thanks for all the input.

Call_Me_Bruce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, Toyota Avalon,
Order is in. Paused until 2/7 as expected for late availability color. Thanks for all the input.
I ordered mine on 11/15. i HopeFord issues VIN this week and schedules it for production week of 2/7. We’ll see….

OP
OP
moomoo

moomoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
F-250
I ordered mine on 11/15. i HopeFord issues VIN this week and schedules it for production week of 2/7. We’ll see….
Cool; will have to compare dates to see the difference once they schedule.

Sponsored

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota Tacoma
I just received an order update email from Ford yesterday. They accelerated my car's Production week from 2/7 to 1/31.

OP
OP
moomoo

moomoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
F-250
I just received an order update email from Ford yesterday. They accelerated my car's Production week from 2/7 to 1/31.
I assume you had a late availability color or other option?

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota Tacoma
I assume you had a late availability color or other option?
No late availability colors for my order, and it is a pretty simple build:

• 2022 Mustang GT Premium Fastback (6-Speed Manual, 400A)
  • Atlas Blue
  • Active Valve Performance Exhaust System
  • Floor Liners
  • 12 Speakers B & O Sound System
My first order status email arrived 3 days ago, this one:

01.JPG

Then yesterday I received this:

02.JPG

Last edited:

Blueflame1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT/CS Convertible, Atlas Blue
My order was placed the first week of December had gone from initially production the week of February 7th, then out to February 14th, then back to the 7th and just yesterday a notice of January 24th. I guess Ford is getting caught up with all their supplier parts issues no longer being a supply chain problem. Gonna be interesting taking delivery in Winter and driving it home on the Summer tires. Will have to creep home on the back roads. Fortunately only about a 5 mile trip. Can't wait. Come on Summer....

dmcg940

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Premium, 94 Mustang GT
Here is what I think I am going with:

GT Premium Fastback v8
Auto
Mischievous purple
Black Accent
Perf Exhaust
3.55 rear end
spare tire

debating:

401A vs doing 400A w/ Safe/Smart added
regular sound vs BO

Probably order tomorrow, so need to decide :-)

BK
F-250 6.7
I had some of this discussion with myself last summer. I ended up shooting the wad

I added the 401a to get the upgraded interior and digital dash. I really like the dash, and the Showstopper Red and soft-touch door panels with color stitching class up the joint.

I did add the B&O sound system. I had the 6-speaker in my 2015, and it was weak sauce, so I did the upgrade this time. MUCH better. Worth the money. And I like the old-school DVD, because I am (shockingly) old-school.

Active exhaust is a kick in the pants. Factory Ford exhaust has always been whisper quiet. "Quiet" mode on my '21 is about the same as my '15. Normal is louder. Sport is awesome. Track is louder than I want to use around town. Unreal. And the tone is excellent, deep and not too raspy.

I got the M6 but I know you A10 guys are gonna do what you are gonna do.
Sponsored