Sponsored

My 2022 order

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I would advise against ACC/safe and smart package. If you want to update to the bullit grille down the road, you can’t replace the lower grille due to ACC/SS options
Sponsored

rabbitweasel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach1, Mischievous Purple, Tremec, non-HP
I almost went for a similar build as yours in mischievous purple. Nearly pulled the trigger though pricing everything out I was at ~$48.5k and ended up putting up the 5K more for a mach 1. Really wanted the Tremec which really got me over the edge.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
I would advise against ACC/safe and smart package. If you want to update to the bullit grille down the road, you can’t replace the lower grille due to ACC/SS options
I'd think it just be a matter of moving the sensor.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I don’t think you can move that sensor, I could be wrong. If you have the SS package, that sensor has to be low in the bumper to detect motion, so I don’t think that can be moved.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I don’t think you can move that sensor, I could be wrong. If you have the SS package, that sensor has to be low in the bumper to detect motion, so I don’t think that can be moved.
It cannot be moved. There are other threads discussing grill options that can be used with ACC. If you are a CC user ACC is a very worthwhile option.

Sponsored

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
When soliciting advice on a interest forum you're always going to get the whole spectrum of do or don'ts. I'll add my young neighbors purchase vs mine. He's in early 30's wanted a Stang bad. Bought a base GT in red metallic, because it was 0% financing. Six months later he's got a new Magnetic gray GT with "all" the stuff he really wanted and Ford made him a good deal on his red one and now he's trying to figure out how to jazz up the gray with more color (wheels, stripes, etc). My purchase was a epic lifetime waiting purchase so I test drove 4 to 6 Mustangs over 3 years, read and read up on all the options, lurked here, figured out what I really wanted and how I was going to drive the GT then shopped and bought exactly what I wanted (the total package, about) and am super happy.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I would definitely get the B&O if you will drive this car regularly. It comes with a nice system out of the box that way, and you can do a few small improvements easy enough to make it sound a bit better.

Vs having to gut and replace everything at some point.

Elamcup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Ecoboost MT-82, Chassis N0078
It cannot be moved. There are other threads discussing grill options that can be used with ACC. If you are a CC user ACC is a very worthwhile option.
We have the Adaptive Cruise Control in our Ford Edge and I HATE it. When I set the cruise control at the speed limit I want to go the speed limit. If I wanted to be a Lemming and just follow the vehicle in front of me that I caught up to I don't need cruise control. Fortunately I can select normal cruise control but I have to select it every time the car is started which is annoying.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
We have the Adaptive Cruise Control in our Ford Edge and I HATE it. When I set the cruise control at the speed limit I want to go the speed limit. If I wanted to be a Lemming and just follow the vehicle in front of me that I caught up to I don't need cruise control. Fortunately I can select normal cruise control but I have to select it every time the car is started which is annoying.
Maybe you do not understand the concept behind ACC. It is both a convenience and safety feature. It is not an autonomous driving system. Once its done doing its job by slowing you down you then need to move over and ACC will take over again.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Why can't it?
It is radar.
Because it has to be recalibrated and so far, no one that I read from knows how
Sounds reasonable but I’m not 100% sure. ACC has been on the S550 since 2015. This question has been asked numerous times but I do not recall anyone actually doing it.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
My favorite is when adaptive cruise picks up a car from a lane over slowing down and your car will randomly slow down thinking it's in front of you then realizes, "Oh crap, that car isn't in front of me, it's actually a lane over, speeding up!". At least that's what my Accord has done a few times. I don't have that garbage on my Mach 1 thankfully. I would rather just have regular cruise control and use it when there's very light traffic / not many hills.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
My favorite is when adaptive cruise picks up a car from a lane over slowing down and your car will randomly slow down thinking it's in front of you then realizes, "Oh crap, that car isn't in front of me, it's actually a lane over, speeding up!". At least that's what my Accord has done a few times. I don't have that garbage on my Mach 1 thankfully. I would rather just have regular cruise control and use it when there's very light traffic / not many hills.
I’ve never had that happen with either of my Mustangs. My daughters Accord doesn’t do this either. This could be dangerous so a trip to the dealer might be a good idea.

Call_Me_Bruce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, Toyota Avalon,
I have the adaptive cruise control in my Toyota. After a deer strike in 2019 the radar unit had to be replaced and recalibrated. It is not just a matter of putting a new unit in and connecting it to the wiring harness. So, I'm not really sure you can move it around in the vehicle as the computer knows where the unit is supposed to be and uses that location to calculate speed and distance from other cars/obstacles.

I use the cruise often, but crank the distance back on it, which makes it a little more useable in heavier traffic situations. What I have totally turned off is the lane departure.
Sponsored