Sponsored

Why does everyone else drive like a pos bc we have stangs?

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I get it all of the time. People assume just because I have a Mustang I want to drive like a race car driver all of the time or I have to do 40 above the speed limit. I even get young kids in Mustangs who have to show theirs off.

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
It stops at 4k RPM unfortunately. That's one thing I miss about my 2016, you could rev to 6500 and get loud
Really? Thats odd. The manual will if launch control is on but seeing the a10 doesn't have it i find it odd they cap it to 4k

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
It stops at 4k RPM unfortunately. That's one thing I miss about my 2016, you could rev to 6500 and get loud
That’s weird. I’d hate that. I had no idea that was the case.

Call_Me_Bruce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, Toyota Avalon,
About a month ago, I come rolling up on my nephew one morning when we were on our way to work. We work for two different employers, but follow the same major highway to get to work. 6 lane divided highway, built to interstate specs (U.S. 50) in Maryland. He's got a 2019 Subaru WRX and I'm in my 2018 hotrod Toyota Avalon. As I roll up next to him he sees me, I point straight ahead and then punch the hotrod Avalon. As I look up in my rearview mirror, I see him laughing. About 10 seconds later he goes by me like I'm standing still.... I had to be that guy! We had a good laugh about it.

The hotrod Avalon is no slouch on HP, the big 'ole N/A 3.5 has 268HP and gets on down the road with no problems. It even has paddle shifters.

Sponsored

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Very common in south Florida (Dade or Broward County). Its a war zone, or like a movie set. You get used to it and torn into it. You'll become "one of them". 🏎

Mr whiskers5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 rapid red mustang gt
It's funny when you read the thread talking about what Ford needs to do to attract younger buyers and then see this thread. Someone made a rather astute observation: this new generation watched too much fast and the furious. Folks forgot the saying "there's no replacement for displacement".

Mustang apparently is seen as a chump sports car when in fact it is a good one. Coyote is a really great platform to build off of. As much as I am a bowtie man, Ford won me over with the Coyote (as well as other features). To be 100% honest, Camaro wasn't even in the running when I was shopping. It was down to a Mustang GT or Jaguar F type. Still very happy with my decision. 😊
ive said it to many times the new shelbys shouldve had the 5.8 and a manual

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Very common in south Florida (Dade or Broward County). Its a war zone, or like a movie set. You get used to it and torn into it. You'll become "one of them". 🏎
Only the last 20 years. Back in the old days when there was traffic enforcement things were much more civil. You simply didn't get away with that crap for long.

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
It's funny reading everyone's experiences. I just got my GT in November and a buddy that has a '21 GT told me to expect crazy shit from folks even brake checking. Sure enough I've had SUV's speed on my bumper and such. It feels (as long as these jerks don't hit me) like a rite of passage to being in the Mustang Club, and that feels good.

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
It's funny when you read the thread talking about what Ford needs to do to attract younger buyers and then see this thread. Someone made a rather astute observation: this new generation watched too much fast and the furious. Folks forgot the saying "there's no replacement for displacement".

Mustang apparently is seen as a chump sports car when in fact it is a good one. Coyote is a really great platform to build off of. As much as I am a bowtie man, Ford won me over with the Coyote (as well as other features). To be 100% honest, Camaro wasn't even in the running when I was shopping. It was down to a Mustang GT or Jaguar F type. Still very happy with my decision. 😊
I mean I’ve never thought of a mustang as a chump sports car. I mean a 50k car isn’t something every person can afford I feel. A chump sports car, to me anyway, is like some 30k economy sports car, ya know?

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
They just want to see you get on it.
I was a disappointment, I only floored it quickly up to 65-70 onto highway then cruise. People always got beside me in stang and would recommend and honk at me to do something

I disappointed
Sponsored