3D Printed Oil Filler Funnel

Knockdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'm not usually inspired by funnels, but @pilotgore sent me one of his 3D printed creations for a test fit on our Mach 1's and I am truly impressed with his innovations.
Dust Covers.jpg

The funnel is available with dust cover caps for both ends and the funnel inserts into the fill tube in the same manner as the oil fill cap, i.e., a 1/4 turn, O-ring interface. This means the funnel is securely mounted so one can place an oil container into the funnel while you're prepping the next one of the 10 quarts to go in.
Holding Oil Bottle.jpg

I believe these go for around $53, PM pilotgore for details on how to order.

Here's a link to a thread with more pictures and links showing some additional 3D printed maintenance tools he's developed for GT350's and GT500's. Looking forward to the Mach 1 oil drain funnel that I believe he's currently researching.

Edit: I made a quick video of how well this funnel works…

Sponsored

Last edited:

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
I'm not usually inspired by funnels, but @pilotgore sent me one of his 3D printed creations for a test fit on our Mach 1's and I am truly impressed with his innovations.
Dust Covers.jpg

The funnel is available with dust cover caps for both ends and the funnel inserts into the fill tube in the same manner as the oil fill cap, i.e., a 1/4 turn, O-ring interface. This means the funnel is securely mounted so one can place an oil container into the funnel while you're prepping the next one of the 10 quarts to go in.
Holding Oil Bottle.jpg

I believe these go for around $53, PM pilotgore for details on how to order.

Here's a link to a thread with more pictures and links showing some additional 3D printed maintenance tools he's developed for GT350's and GT500's. Looking forward to the Mach 1 oil drain funnel that I believe he's currently researching.
Thanks for taking the time to try out the funnel and make a quick post. I had quite a few people PM me offering to help verify the fit, and I really appreciate the community’s willingness to help out.

I’ve been busy printing/fulfilling orders from the Black Friday sale for the GT350’s and GT500’s. Once I’ve filled all of those orders, I’ll start a queue for the Mach 1 guys, before eventually moving into the GT guys.

You’re correct, the oil filter guide for the Mach 1 is on my radar, but it may take a while as I don’t have a Mach 1 at my disposal currently to rapid prototype. I suspect it’s the same as the early gt350’s/pp1/pp2, which I hope to work on later this winter.

The price for the oil funnel is $38.50 shipped, and if you add the dust caps to the top and bottom, you’re correct, the price is $53.50.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Thanks for taking the time to try out the funnel and make a quick post. I had quite a few people PM me offering to help verify the fit, and I really appreciate the community’s willingness to help out.

I’ve been busy printing/fulfilling orders from the Black Friday sale for the GT350’s and GT500’s. Once I’ve filled all of those orders, I’ll start a queue for the Mach 1 guys, before eventually moving into the GT guys.

You’re correct, the oil filter guide for the Mach 1 is on my radar, but it may take a while as I don’t have a Mach 1 at my disposal currently to rapid prototype. I suspect it’s the same as the early gt350’s/pp1/pp2, which I hope to work on later this winter.

The price for the oil funnel is $38.50 shipped, and if you add the dust caps to the top and bottom, you’re correct, the price is $53.50.
Where are you located? We might have someone that can drop a Mach 1 off for you to use!

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
I'm finally about 2 days from exhausting my current printing queue so I thought I'd reach out and see who was interested in purchasing a funnel (and optional caps) for the mach 1. Assuming we actually get a working design for the mach 1 oil filter in the future, and I'm confident we will, people who have already purchased the funnel will receive a discount on whatever filter guide we work out.

The price for the funnel is $38.50 shipped, and if you add the dust caps for the top and bottom of the funnel, the total price is $53.50.

IMG_6303.jpeg

IMG_6302.jpeg

IMG_0291.jpeg

IMG_0290.jpeg

IMG_0289.jpeg

Sponsored

Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2001 Harley, 1964 Volkswagen Beetle, 2016 Toyota Avalon
Car is scheduled to be built week of 1/10/22. Sign me up for one. Let me know via PM if paypal works or how to arrange payment.

Clint81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I'm finally about 2 days from exhausting my current printing queue so I thought I'd reach out and see who was interested in purchasing a funnel (and optional caps) for the mach 1. Assuming we actually get a working design for the mach 1 oil filter in the future, and I'm confident we will, people who have already purchased the funnel will receive a discount on whatever filter guide we work out.

The price for the funnel is $38.50 shipped, and if you add the dust caps for the top and bottom of the funnel, the total price is $53.50.
If possible count me in for a funnel and dust caps, too, please sir.

Mountain Man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Super Duty F250

IMG_6303.jpeg

IMG_6302.jpeg

IMG_0291.jpeg

IMG_0290.jpeg

IMG_0289.jpeg
I will get in line also for a full setup too.

Thanks.

Sponsored

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
Sounds good, pm incoming.

Roger that. I’ll add you to the queue for the full setup.
I'd like both the funnel w/dust caps and filter guide when available.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I just want the oil filter contraption, always such a mess! I'll buy it when you have it complete.
I don't get what's so hard about using a normal funnel to fill your oil though.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
I just want the oil filter contraption, always such a mess! I'll buy it when you have it complete.
I don't get what's so hard about using a normal funnel to fill your oil though.
Sounds good, I’ll add you to the queue.

I do 7’ish oil changes on my Gt350 per year. Having to hold a traditional funnel in place with one hand while slowly pouring oil in (intermittently having to stop while waiting for the funnel to drain,) Sucks! It’s not that it’s hard to use a regular funnel, it’s just less convenient than this solution.

My funnel takes oil almost as fast as you can pour it. It frees up your second hand so it’s easier to cap each bottle after emptying it, or grab another bottle off the ground (speeding up the process.). Because the orifice that screws into the valve cover is so large, it’s very easy to clean before storage. Then there’s the caps that make the old tradition of storing the funnel with a rag inside of it a thing of the past. . .

All in all, is the 3D printed oil funnel really necessary? No, definitely not. Is it an affordable accessory that makes oil changes a little easier and less frustrating … Absolutely.

-Jon

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds good, I’ll add you to the queue.

I do 7’ish oil changes on my Gt350 per year. Having to hold a traditional funnel in place with one hand while slowly pouring oil in (intermittently having to stop while waiting for the funnel to drain,) Sucks! It’s not that it’s hard to use a regular funnel, it’s just less convenient than this solution.

My funnel takes oil almost as fast as you can pour it. It frees up your second hand so it’s easier to cap each bottle after emptying it, or grab another bottle off the ground (speeding up the process.). Because the orifice that screws into the valve cover is so large, it’s very easy to clean before storage. Then there’s the caps that make the old tradition of storing the funnel with a rag inside of it a thing of the past. . .

All in all, is the 3D printed oil funnel really necessary? No, definitely not. Is it an affordable accessory that makes oil changes a little easier and less frustrating … Absolutely.

-Jon
Ok, I like your sales pitch...I'm sold
I'll buy the pair when it's ready