Sponsored

I love the mustang…but…

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Yes sir, brand new untouched. I even had them not “clean” it when I bought it because I wanted to do it. The only thing done interior was the tint from the dealer, and they managed to fuck that up by scratching the window.
Wow, terrible.

Good luck going forward man.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
I find it really hard to keep paying the money they are asking for higher tier trims like the 400 or 401 group. This is the third S500 I’ve had that’s new with a list of issues, mainly with the interior.

This 2021 GT I bought a month ago has interior rattles,
scratches/defects on trim, scratched side mirror and passenger door glass, among some other issues and it’s only a 301a group car. As of right now, there are talks with the dealer doing a buy back.

I get no car is perfect but these are notorious for interior quality control issues.

I guess I’m just curious about what makes you continue to spend your hard earned on these cars knowing the issues they have?
I'm on my 3rd S550 since April 2019. Nothing but good times and exhilarating driving experiences, and a comfy and cushy interior experience. Fun stick shifts, quick shifting autos, sturdy hard tops, airy verts, nice and supportive air conditioned and heated seats, recaros, on and on. These cars are an exceptional value for their performance, features, and ride quality. I've owned various cars. These new Mustangs don't even rattle.

I ditched a $90k+ Z06 vibrating rattle box and never looked or will go back.

Sorry you're dealing with issues. Maybe you're just unlucky.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
I'm on my 3rd S550 since April 2019. Nothing but good times and exhilarating driving experiences, and a comfy and cushy interior experience. Fun stick shifts, quick shifting autos, sturdy hard tops, airy verts, nice and supportive air conditioned and heated seats, recaros, on and on. These cars are an exceptional value for their performance, features, and ride quality. I've owned various cars. These new Mustangs don't even rattle.

I’m not the only one who’s dealt with ford and their continuously shitty quality control. Maybe you’re just lucky, lol. Play the lotto.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
That was kind of my point, and I’m glad someone else got it. To me it’s the principle of the matter. But, I guess that’s the “boomer” way of thinking lol.
No, it isn't. There's no excuse for poor work ethic in a competitive environment by a union worker in an American company who is building a proclaimed "icon" and is paid good wages and being treated fairly.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
I absolutely don't see the value in 400/401 trim. I am glad I picked 300. I had 101A on the ecoboost (and I have hte 8" screen on the F150 XLT) and it's kinda useful but shouldn't be priced at $2000 that's for damn sure. $36K for a base GT is within a short distance of acceptable.
Shogun, I think you're a smart guy, and I enjoy and appreciate you here in this forum. You're off your rocker here on this one. Cloth seats? Gtfowtbs. Maybe if you live in Siberia... and you want a seat that never gets cold. Budget constraints aside.... if you can afford the 401a, it's a must have for multiple reasons. Like you said, $2000 is short distance for all those goodies.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I don’t disagree that it’s not a good sports car due to the gen 3 coyote alone, (regardless of tick) with hit or miss transmissions, and issues with interior QC. But I feel like for at least what they ask for these cars, it could be monitored somewhat better.

Luckily no panel issues on this one, lol.
If you have no panel or paint issues, here's some advice. Let your great dealer fix your car. Your issues are minor. I had the dash apart on my 2016 for the evaporator A/C issue and it went back perfectly.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shogun, I think you're a smart guy, and I enjoy and appreciate you here in this forum. You're off your rocker here on this one. Cloth seats? Gtfowtbs. Maybe if you live in Siberia... and you want a seat that never gets cold. Budget constraints aside.... if you can afford the 401a, it's a must have for multiple reasons. Like you said, $2000 is short distance for all those goodies.
I can see his perspective if he drives manual like I do because there’s no auto start. By the time you’ve gotten into the car and it’s hot/cold, it would take a decent amount of time for the setting to even be of any real help. The cloth seats are actually more comfortable than the leather seats I had in 2019 400a with the 10r80 I traded in for this car.

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Cloth seats? Gtfowtbs
ha ha. My F150 has (sport) cloth seats and heated. I can admit the heated is nifty and useful on occasion. I bought $240 "can't believe it's not leather" vinyl seats from CarID and they're good enough "leather" for my purposes. And since they are slip-on, can be removed trivially if I don't like them. Only put the one back on so far.

Every car for 30 years (except the SS/1LE) has had cloth seats and frankly I don't get the fascination with leather. What's funny about 300A is that the voice recognition works very noticeably better than the 8" screen. Maybe it's microphone placement but I think it's actually programming. In any event a decent phone mount is all you really need to duplicate and frankly far surpass Ford's laughable attempt at in-car electronics.

Oh and it's a 5 minute walk from my door to where the car is parked, assuming I also don't have to dig it out on the very rare (2-3/yr at most) occasions the snow contaminates the beautiful black asphault.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ha ha. My F150 has (sport) cloth seats and heated. I can admit the heated is nifty and useful on occasion. I bought $240 "can't believe it's not leather" vinyl seats from CarID and they're good enough "leather" for my purposes. And since they are slip-on, can be removed trivially if I don't like them. Only put the one back on so far.

Every car for 30 years (except the SS/1LE) has had cloth seats and frankly I don't get the fascination with leather.
I find it weird the trucks have cloth heated seats, but it’s not an option in the mustangs.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I find it really hard to keep paying the money they are asking for higher tier trims like the 400 or 401 group. This is the third S500 I’ve had that’s new with a list of issues, mainly with the interior.

This 2021 GT I bought a month ago has interior rattles,
scratches/defects on trim, scratched side mirror and passenger door glass, among some other issues and it’s only a 301a group car. As of right now, there are talks with the dealer doing a buy back.

I get no car is perfect but these are notorious for interior quality control issues.

I guess I’m just curious about what makes you continue to spend your hard earned on these cars knowing the issues they have?

To be honest guys a Mustang GT is a $50K engine in a $30K car. After coming out of a slew of BMWs and Porsches I knew what I was getting into. My interior as well has a few funny buzzes, not rattles but buzzes especially when its cold. Not to mention the lovely cheap as hell plastics that are used in this car. Now every make uses plastics, its just Ford takes it to another level as far as cheapness is concerned. I have never seen a plastic that scratches so easy. You just look at it cross-eyed and a slew of scratches appear.

If Ford does anything for the S650 is build the car better and use better materials on the interior. I love my Mustang, love how fun it is to drive. Thats what this car has going for it, especially now with all the mods I have done regarding suspension, wheels and tires.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To be honest guys a Mustang GT is a $50K engine in a $30K car. After coming out of a slew of BMWs and Porsches I knew what I was getting into. My interior as well has a few funny buzzes, not rattles but buzzes especially when its cold.

If Ford does anything for the S650 is build the car better and use better materials on the interior.
Better materials = more $$ unfortunately, at least in Fords eyes. Unfortunately we don’t get what we pay for anymore. You pay a price if you want it and you get what you get.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP

That will be a lot of unlucky buyers
His case ( or mine) is far from being an isolated one

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Better materials = more $$ unfortunately, at least in Fords eyes. Unfortunately we don’t get what we pay for anymore. You pay a price if you want it and you get what you get.
To get this kind of a car with the performance you want, with admirable build quality you have to look else where. Unfortunately there isn't a US made automobile that scratches that itch. It's why I left for 20 years to BMW and Porsche. Just got tired of spending almost $100k for a car all the time.

That's why I would never spend over $100k on a Mustang GT500. Its still a Mustang...yes a bad ass one, but a Mustang no less. I would move on to an M car or a 9912S.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
To get this kind of a car with the performance you want, with admirable build quality you have to look else where. Unfortunately there isn't a US made automobile that scratches that itch. It's why I left for 20 years to BMW and Porsche. Just got tired of spending almost $100k for a car all the time.

That's why I would never spend over $100k on a Mustang GT500. Its still a Mustang...yes a bad ass one, but a Mustang no less. I would move on to an M car or a 9912S.
Are you saying that built quality ( the line workers doing their job correctly) is not possible because the line workers are not paid enough or because the line move too fast and they will need more time to do the job correctly or because????
For me the lack of quality is due to poor management and the union system
If you can’t fire someone that do a sloppy job, the end result is what we get….. but they do find the time and money to slap a union sticker on the car…laughable
Sponsored