Brittany Blue

Mayberry

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT 500, 2021 F350 King Ranch
I know there have already been a few threads on the 2022 HE GT500, but they all seemed to get hi-jacked. As many have asked, I too am curious about the actual "blueness" of the Brittany Blue?

@Epiphany , when your contact saw the color at the media event what did he think? Is the color closer to the 1967 BB color than the media pictures reflect?

Anyone else had a chance to see this color or the car in person?

I do hate that the same color is available on the Coastal edition.
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I was curious about this as well.

The new BB looks like it has a hint of violet to it versus the original in some pictures. I prefer the old hue to be honest, but wonder if it's just a case of the flake in the paint showing in certain lighting.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I was curious about this as well.

The new BB looks like it has a hint of violet to it versus the original in some pictures. I prefer the old hue to be honest, but wonder if it's just a case of the flake in the paint showing in certain lighting.
There is no way for any picture viewed on a computer monitor or mobile device screen to be anywhere’s near 100% accurate. I’ve seen folks make these comments for years and they are meaningless. The only way to determine what a color looks like is with the human eye. You would also need to see a pristine original painted 67’ up against a 2022 to determine the closeness of the hue.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
There is no way for any picture viewed on a computer monitor or mobile device screen to be anywhere’s near 100% accurate. I’ve seen folks make these comments for years and they are meaningless. The only way to determine what a color looks like is with the human eye. You would also need to see a pristine original painted 67’ up against a 2022 to determine the closeness of the hue.
Correct. However, there are a few shots out there with the new car along with a BB '67 and the colors appear different.

OP
OP
Mayberry

Mayberry

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT 500, 2021 F350 King Ranch
I agree, and exactly why I am asking.
I would hope it would be the same paint code, as I like the '67 in the pictures better than I like the '22.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Correct. However, there are a few shots out there with the new car along with a BB '67 and the colors appear different.
I totally understand. But look at this pic. The light hitting both cars is different because of the way the cars are parked. The colors could be 100% spot on but you could never tell.

1638195421929.jpeg

Here they look like two different colors.

1638195675186.jpeg

Last edited:

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
The color looks odd to me on the new body style. For some reason it makes the car look 'soft' to me if you will. Not personally a fan, but if you guys like it then rock on.

The '67 looks fantastic in this color though. There is a member in my local car club that has one in this color/year and in person it's even better.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The new BB looks like it has a hint of violet to it
That is exactly what my friend said and I have to agree. He was going to get the new purple but changed his mind once he saw this new hue.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
That is exactly what my friend said and I have to agree. He was going to get the new purple but changed his mind once he saw this new hue.
So he thought it had some purple to it in person?

BB is a favorite color on a '67, and when I heard it would be the color for the HE it initially sparked my interest. But after I saw a few pictures I'm not sure exactly how I feel about the new iteration because of the violet tone in certain views. I guess I'd have to lay eyes on it.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I totally understand. But look at this pic. The light hitting both cars is different because of the way the cars are parked. The colors could be 100% spot on but you could never tell.

1638195421929.jpeg

Here they look like two different colors.

1638195675186.jpeg
That is the new GT500 I would 100% want to buy. It's IMO just perfect.

Sponsored

Ronp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500, Iconic, '19 F150 ScrewFX4
That is the most silver looking blue I've seen. Really want to see it in person before my 2022 order is beyond the point of being able to be changed. In low light the blue is visible but the blue washes out in direct light - in the limited photos I've seen so far. Has anyone seen this in person?

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
Just like going Grabber Blue METALLIC!
Why not stay with what works Ford?
I’ll eat crow if it identical to the ‘67 Brittany Blue paint code, but hell if it’s not a different shade of light blue on the current HE models from all the pics I’ve seen.
Look at that ‘67! Now that’s a color I’d definitely have ordered, or at least flipped a coin with Grabber Blue. Instead we have a metallic grabber blue and a silver/violet Brittany Blue and I’m ordering Eruption Green!
And maybe the way it was always supposed to be haha :)
-J

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
I would change my Twister Orange CFTP for this colour in a heartbeat. Beautiful. Nicest, to my eyes anyway, that has come on a stock for for years. Congrats to all those who end up with one.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
To me I see more silver than blue. It looks like a silver car with a slight blue tint instead of a light, very light blue with a slight silver tint.
I would like to see one in person as well. As of now, I am going with an HE car.
To add, I think if you were to ask random people to look at the photos above and decide if the colors are the same, the answer would be no, not even close, one looks blue one looks silver.
Very well could be the lighting, etc. I wish Ford would do a direct side by side comparison.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
To me I see more silver than blue. It looks like a silver car with a slight blue tint instead of a light, very light blue with a slight silver tint.
I would like to see one in person as well. As of now, I am going with an HE car.
To add, I think if you were to ask random people to look at the photos above and decide if the colors are the same, the answer would be no, not even close, one looks blue one looks silver.
Very well could be the lighting, etc. I wish Ford would do a direct side by side comparison.
Funny, I don't see silver as much as I see a soft purple/lilac kind of color.
Sponsored