ADM on a Brittany Blue HE

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Sorry, I just don’t get this. Who gives a shxt what somebody else does with their money, or what there motivations are. There’s enough crap going on in the world and domestically to be hating on someone else‘s purchase in this hobby. I really enjoy these cars and don’t wish anybody any ill will with one of these vehicles.

The issue here is a perceived value. People buying the car with large ADMs for the sake of a paint job. Its funny to watch it all go down and see people.pay 50k extra for a paint job with a name on it.

A correction is coming and these cars will soon be on the chopping block. I won't feel sorry for the folks who bought the housewife blue paint job at a premium expecting some kind of payout on BaT.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Sorry, I just don’t get this. Who gives a shxt what somebody else does with their money, or what there motivations are. There’s enough crap going on in the world and domestically to be hating on someone else‘s purchase in this hobby. I really enjoy these cars and don’t wish anybody any ill will with one of these vehicles.
Its a perceived value. When we go into a recession, these cars will sell for a significant discount. The first things to go are luxury items. Cars, airplanes, boats, then peoples houses.

Sell now and buy it back for cents in the dollar.

Nobody wished anyone any ill. Its just economics in motion.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
That narrative has been pushed at nauseam. Your industry is still running at packed to the gills capacity. Mine is the same. Yours is for sure not changing any time soon, and neither is mine.

Its a perceived value. When we go into a recession, these cars will sell for a significant discount. The first things to go are luxury items. Cars, airplanes, boats, then peoples houses.

Sell now and buy it back for cents in the dollar.

Nobody wished anyone any ill. Its just economics in motion.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
That narrative has been pushed at nauseam. Your industry is still running at packed to the gills capacity. Mine is the same. Yours is for sure not changing any time soon, and neither is mine.
that's exactly what everyone said about every industry in every bubble ever.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I hope you are right, but I see change coming. My instinct was correct a while back and that is the reason I am where I am right now.

I know you have your stuff together, but many are barely hanging on. Don't forget this is a mustang crowd. many people buying these higher end FP versions are more vulnerable to economic change. I guess you can say the same about others in various markets, but again, the first things to go are luxury items.

I would have sold all my cars, and I seriously considered it, but I really don't need the money and my position is for the most part safe, even in a worse case scenario.

For the most part, everything is paid off. Most can't say the same.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Oh, have a look at the stock prices. Way way depressed. Many fear exactly what I talk about. The experts see gloom.

Edit to add:
I would be buying for the long term and as a keeper. BaT would not be part of my profitable exit strategy.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
I can’t argue with some of that. I hedge my situation much like I’m sure you do. I guess there’s a benefit to age at times. Lol.

I hope you are right, but I see change coming. My instinct was correct a while back and that is the reason I am where I am right now.

I know you have your stuff together, but many are barely hanging on. Don't forget this is a mustang crowd. many people buying these higher end FP versions are more vulnerable to economic change. I guess you can say the same about others in various markets, but again, the first things to go are luxury items.

I would have sold all my cars, and I seriously considered it, but I really don't need the money and my position is for the most part safe, even in a worse case scenario.

For the most part, everything is paid off. Most can't say the same.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I can’t argue with some of that. I hedge my situation much like I’m sure you do. I guess there’s a benefit to age at times. Lol.
You and I will be fine. I don't see you selling your collection anytime soon. However my advice to a friend is have some money to be ready to pounce. It will happen.

Cars, boats, airplanes, stocks, whatever. Heck, there are even some buys right now, but then you tie your money up. Any stocks you buy now will be tied up in longer term investment.

Cash will be king.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
That’s one thing that is different for me. I don’t pay attention to the stock market for the most part. I completely agree about the long term avenue. Mine is just land.

Oh, have a look at the stock prices. Way way depressed. Many fear exactly what I talk about. The experts see gloom.

Edit to add:
I would be buying for the long term and as a keeper. BaT would not be part of my profitable exit strategy.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
I appreciate that. I guess it’s a good thing I’m out of space. Discipline by default. I will admit there are a few I wish I’d purchased when I was in my 20’s for the long term.

You and I will be fine. I don't see you selling your collection anytime soon. However my advice to a friend is have some money to be ready to pounce. It will happen.

Cars, boats, airplanes, stocks, whatever. Heck, there are even some buys right now, but then you tie your money up. Any stocks you buy now will be tied up in longer term investment.

Cash will be king.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
That’s one thing that is different for me. I don’t pay attention to the stock market for the most part. I completely agree about the long term avenue. Mine is just land.
If you are looking for a long term investment, I'd be happy to pm you a stock that I just made 30k off of.

Out of chaos comes money.
Sponsored