Sponsored

Prices are on the rise......

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Hmm. Well Harry, how many other BaT auctions have you been involved in like that? What were you and others doing getting involved in something that is none of your business? If this is something that you do all the time (like hang around here), then that would make sense. But you made it your little special side project to get involved in an auction that you had no interest in except to hype the car up for what reason? Do you really have that much time on your hands where you have to be such a busy body and sticking your fingers in a pie that had nothing to do with you?

You talk about absurd? You have been Mr HEP since day 1. Now that's fine, but if you love them so much, then why did you sell yours, which by the way, was way before this crazy bubble? And you didn't answer my question before...... how much did you get for yours?

And I'm not sure how many Rs you physically own anymore. You keep talking about all these cars..... aren't most of them long since sold off?

As for my behavior, our good pal crossed a line (once again). He does so with other members as well. I know Jeff (stanglife). He is the most level headed critical thinker that I know. I agree with him pertaining to your good pal Fred. Like him, I decided to remove him from my interactions on this forum. There is no reason to try to communicate with someone like that. He is, IMHO, exactly as I described him.

I must say It was amusing watching you guys on BaT in the comments section. Thanks for the good laugh. And speaking of the BaT comments...... When I bought my base R on an MSO, I didn't pay sales tax on it. That was paid when I registered the car. So all the great advice you give isn't always right..... which is another reason that you probably shouldn't be getting involved in something that is going to potentially cost someone a lot of money.

Were you in contact with any of those bidders to offer some of your driveby expert advice?
Will make my very last response to you as short as possible.

* The last time that I was involved in a BaT auction was during the week of November 1st at which time I had numerous conversations that week with the owner of a 23 mile 2017 Base R.
A very close friend of mine was interested in that car therefore I reached out to the owner (Mike) and had many telephone conversations with him until his car sold on November 4th. The owner appreciated my knowledge and thanked me numerous times for helping him with some background on these Base R models. My close friend ended up being the high bidder and purchased HR865 and it now will be in the same corral at HR001.

* Really none of your business what I buy and sell my cars for but will confirm that I did quite well sellling LR041 considering that I had close to 1000 miles on my HEP R and enjoyed it immensely in the backroads of Arizona.

* With respect to purchasing a vehicle on the MSO, obviously you do not read too well as it was made very clear by a bidder that it is not possible to pay State sales tax when purchasing a vehicle on the MSO after which time I corrected him as that is not the case and State sales tax can in fact be paid when purchasing a vehicle on the MSO.

* As far as selling LR041, and recently selling F0080 and hopefully will sell my 2018 Base R model soon, that was a decision that I made after much deliberation with respect to me being 71 years old next year, ongoing health issues and relocating to another country.

* Not that it is any business of yours but I was diagnosed with a health issue a while back and just completed exploratory surgery earlier this month and have 2 more surgeries scheduled for early January. Based on that scenario I started to sell off my cars in the event that if things do not go well next year I didn't want to leave my wife with numerous cars to sell let alone having to take on many other aspects such as relocation, etc. which can be daunting.

To the rest of this forum, it has been a great ride over the last 6 1/2 years but there comes a time to move on and that time is now for me.

I wish you all the best with respect to your cool GT350's and R's and of course wish you the very best of health and happiness going forward.

Happy Thanksgiving weekend everyone!

:clap:
Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R

* The last time that I was involved in a BaT auction was during the week of November 1st at which time I had numerous conversations that week with the owner of a 23 mile 2017 Base R.
A very close friend of mine was interested in that car therefore I reached out to the owner (Mike) and had many telephone conversations with him until his car sold on November 4th. The owner appreciated my knowledge and thanked me numerous times for helping him with some background on these Base R models. My close friend ended up being the high bidder and purchased HR865 and it now will be in the same corral at HR001.

* Really none of your business what I buy and sell my cars for but will confirm that I did quite well sellling LR041 considering that I had close to 1000 miles on my HEP R and enjoyed it immensely in the backroads of Arizona.

* With respect to purchasing a vehicle on the MSO, obviously you do not read too well as it was made very clear by a bidder that it is not possible to pay State sales tax when purchasing a vehicle on the MSO after which time I corrected him as that is not the case and State sales tax can in fact be paid when purchasing a vehicle on the MSO.

* As far as selling LR041, and recently selling F0080 and hopefully will sell my 2018 Base R model soon, that was a decision that I made after much deliberation with respect to me being 71 years old next year, ongoing health issues and relocating to another country.

* Not that it is any business of yours but I was diagnosed with a health issue a while back and just completed exploratory surgery earlier this month and have 2 more surgeries scheduled for early January. Based on that scenario I started to sell off my cars in the event that if things do not go well next year I didn't want to leave my wife with numerous cars to sell let alone having to take on many other aspects such as relocation, etc. which can be daunting.

To the rest of this forum, it has been a great ride over the last 6 1/2 years but there comes a time to move on and that time is now for me.

I wish you all the best with respect to your cool GT350's and R's and of course wish you the very best of health and happiness going forward.

Best wishes for you and your family as well as your help. Thanks for all you contributed over the years. Hopefully you will reconsider but if you do not, I truly appreciate your knowledge and adding to mine. Dont go but, if you must, go well........

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
May I suggest,,,,, Best wishes!

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Aside from your assumption as to whether or not the new owner will drive his or her new acquisition or just keep this cool car as a collectible, do you have a problem with that?
Not sure what you are asking here, but I will say that I don't have a problem with how other people spend their money. Really it's none of my business.

But we are here on the forum to talk about Mustangs and in this thread to talk about buying and selling GT350s. So that's what I'm doing. And I'm trying to be light hearted and have fun during the process. I hope you don't mind. I do try to be respectful of everyone here and I hope that it shows.

My assumption is that the person that bought the car and paid so much has a lot of extra money. And that first assumption leads me to a second assumption - that they have a lot of extra money because they are good at earning and keeping money. I guess that's two more assumptions. Anyway, since ANY miles added to the car will have strong negative impact on its value - I doubt that someone who is reasonably good with money would add a single mile to the odometer.

Now it's possible this person is so immensely wealthy that $100k or so is completely meaningless to them. In that case they might drive the car, because its value really doesn't matter at all to them. Immense wealth just seemed the less likely explanation to me.

I hope your surgeries go well and you recover quickly. And I hope you also continue to post here. I have always found you to be positive in attitude and informative about Mustangs and it's very enjoyable to read your posts.

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer

I hope everything goes well for you as well....I'm a newer member here but as a fellow gt350r owner with some pretty serious health issues....

Well I'm 46 now but will be lucky if I make it to 70....

Life is short...who cares what you pay for something if you enjoy it and have fun...

You could wait years for prices to come down only to find out that you can no longer enjoy it ...

So all the best and hope even if you sell all your Shelby you still come back and post

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
I will suggest that @Inthehighdesert nailed it but I’m still going to jump on the bandwagon and make one of my own:

I suggest @PP0001 is a friend of mine and I am forever grateful to him. Wishing you health and happiness Harry. I hope you reconsider leaving the forum as I believe the majority of us appreciate your input. I know I do.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Best of luck, Harry.

I never thought I'd see the day, but a friend is selling his '17 R. Magnetic, black roof, no stripes (1 of 8) lots of PPF, 12K miles. Looking for $70K. Hit me up for contact details if interested.

Sponsored

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
Last edited:

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R | 2023 Ram TRX
you beat me to it! This one with some miles…. I’m going to guess 105k out the door.
In many ways I'd rather buy one that did have some miles. That way it can be driven as intended with the owner not having to worry too much about the value going down.
Sponsored