Sponsored

Prices are on the rise......

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I can definitely attest to having my GT350 next to a friends C8 at a car show and more people were in awe of the C8 vs the GT350 easily. That being said I love my Shelby.
Honestly, the C8 catches the eye of everyone because it looks more like an exotic than the GT350.

However, there are a crapton of people that walk by the black w/ OTS GT350R and my HEPR at cars n coffee and remark on the “muscle” look rather than the C8’s euro look.
Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Yes I still want one. Still miss the one I owned. I still think my decision not to buy a couple winters ago when new GT350s were $5K under MSRP was the right decision for me.

But I also regret not buying one back then.
I miss not buying the 2019 z06/ zr1. I test drove 3 different ones, one of them 4 different times. got the wife her truck instead. The one that got away..lol

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Honestly, the C8 catches the eye of everyone because it looks more like an exotic than the GT350.

However, there are a crapton of people that walk by the black w/ OTS GT350R and my HEPR at cars n coffee and remark on the “muscle” look rather than the C8’s euro look.
I like the c8 because I drove a friends '88 Fiero with a ls4 swap and it was a mid engine gocart.

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
Sorry, I don’t have any interest. I think the C8’s ughly in most colors stock. As for the 90k, let me know when anyone gets a ZO6 one for that. That won’t happen any time soon. Just because some one has 90k to spend on a car doesn‘t mean they have crazy money to burn. Just look at this forum with 350’s and 500’s. The vast majority are normal people, and not those with crazy car collections.
Idk man, I have a strong suspicion that most of the people that own GT350/Rs on this forum bought them for non-inflated pricing. I do very much think there is a large cohort of super-buyers out there, mostly young techbro's with crazy incomes and lots of crypto gains that are pushing the market north, but I could be wrong. I guess you'd have to drive around the Bay Area / Austin and see what's on the streets.

Back to the car in question, I was skulking around autotrader last night and found 4 350HEP cars for sale. 3 of them were extremely low mileage and asking was ~$100k, and one had ~20k miles and asking was I think $72k. Based on that I'm revising my BaT estimate to $70-80k.

Since the GT is at the end of production, thats mute
*moot. That's interesting, I hadn't heard about production ending, but it makes sense.

I like the c8 because I drove a friends '88 Fiero with a ls4 swap and it was a mid engine gocart.
Real question- are there more Fiero or Fiero Ferrari clones driving around nowadays?

Sponsored

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
I have never been a fan of the Corvette. I always felt that Chevy had done a poor job with its exterior. There’s no denying that the new Z06 will be one of the best performing cars on the planet. It will lay waste to our GT350’s on the track. After all it is more than a seven-year-old design.

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
Thought I would post this listing as a possible reflection of actual garden variety GT350 prices:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2018-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350-17/

I will say that since I've been following GT350's on autotrader, I've noticed that many of the cars I follow (2019's with 5-20k miles) are listed for months at a time. Certainly some sell, but in general it feels like most dealers are holding on to high prices because otherwise they won't have anything to do.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I can’t speak for others, but my regular 20Gt350 I bought in Dec of 19 for well under msrp. Now my 20 Heritage R I boight in Dec of 20 and I did pay an adm for. I’d be surprised if the group your referencing even know what these cars are. Lol. You won’t ever catch me in SF, now Austin I frequent quite a few times a year going to Cota. The thing the Gt350 has in spades is anybody that is a car guy knows what these cars are and are like. I’m referring to the guys that like to drive a car. In todays techy world they are very much old school and visceral in every aspect. That’s really unique in todays motoring world. I don’t care what the market does with these cars, both of mine are going to my twin 4 year old boys later on in life.

Idk man, I have a strong suspicion that most of the people that own GT350/Rs on this forum bought them for non-inflated pricing. I do very much think there is a large cohort of super-buyers out there, mostly young techbro's with crazy incomes and lots of crypto gains that are pushing the market north, but I could be wrong. I guess you'd have to drive around the Bay Area / Austin and see what's on the streets.

Back to the car in question, I was skulking around autotrader last night and found 4 350HEP cars for sale. 3 of them were extremely low mileage and asking was ~$100k, and one had ~20k miles and asking was I think $72k. Based on that I'm revising my BaT estimate to $70-80k.

*moot. That's interesting, I hadn't heard about production ending, but it makes sense.

Real question- are there more Fiero or Fiero Ferrari clones driving around nowadays?

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R

yes. See what happens when I use big words :(

Sponsored

Seb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastiaan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition
For what it's worth, the tech bros around here all seem to have a penchant for the Cayman GT4. Always in chalk. Last time I was at the Sillicon Valley Motor Club C&C in Portola Valley, I counted seven (7)!

DD498-DEC6-43C0-A1C2-5F1_47mp3yX-tiny-2048x0-0.5x0.jpg

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Thought I would post this listing as a possible reflection of actual garden variety GT350 prices:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2018-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350-17/

I will say that since I've been following GT350's on autotrader, I've noticed that many of the cars I follow (2019's with 5-20k miles) are listed for months at a time. Certainly some sell, but in general it feels like most dealers are holding on to high prices because otherwise they won't have anything to do.
Garden variety pricing? That's an auction with 4+ days left on it. :inspect:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
What is approximate sticker for a non R HEP?

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
Sticker on that one was $66,595. If the seller paid sticker that was a free 4000 miles in my book. A win for the seller and the buyer got a car they can drive sans milage paranoia.
Sponsored