ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Hi guys,

Ordering a 2022 GT (6spd regular GT w/ black accent package and 301A, Grabber Blue). I'm bummed to read about the 10hp power loss on the coyote. Anyone know *exactly* what they are changing on the engine? Will any of it, most importantly, affect the compatibility with aftermarket parts, such as exhausts, etc? I would assume probably different programming, but I plant to keep it stock for at least 3 years while it's under full warranty, with the exception possibly of exhaust.

Thanks for any input.

-Z
Sponsored

OP
OP
ZeroTX

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Sponsored

OP
OP
ZeroTX

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Hopefully the digital dash is standard now
Are you saying it is or just hoping? I don't see that change on the ordering guide. Am I missing it?

Attachments

Pkvir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium-PP1
Hi guys,

Ordering a 2022 GT (6spd regular GT w/ black accent package and 301A, Grabber Blue). I'm bummed to read about the 10hp power loss on the coyote. Anyone know *exactly* what they are changing on the engine? Will any of it, most importantly, affect the compatibility with aftermarket parts, such as exhausts, etc? I would assume probably different programming, but I plant to keep it stock for at least 3 years while it's under full warranty, with the exception possibly of exhaust.

Thanks for any input.

-Z
I wouldn't worry about the loss in HP, you won't notice it.

OP
OP
ZeroTX

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I wouldn't worry about the loss in HP, you won't notice it.
I'm not, really. I just wonder about changes in aftermarket parts compatibility. Either way, I'd like to know exactly what's different between the '21 engine and the '22.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Are you saying it is or just hoping? I don't see that change on the ordering guide. Am I missing it?
OK Zero, you're new here. Do not under any circumstances believe anything that OD posts. He has no idea what he is talking about.............

:cwl::crackup::cwl::crackup: Only kidding. But the digital dash is only available on the 401A package for the Premium GT.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I'm not, really. I just wonder about changes in aftermarket parts compatibility. Either way, I'd like to know exactly what's different between the '21 engine and the '22.
Nothing, it's the same engine and for that matter the same car. A few new color options, that's it. Of course with a 22' you can say that you bought the last year for the S550.

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
I believe the HP loss is because of different rating parameters. No changes.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Likely it's just a change to the ECU tune. I doubt anything is different with the engine itself.

OP
OP
ZeroTX

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Nothing, it's the same engine and for that matter the same car. A few new color options, that's it. Of course with a 22' you can say that you bought the last year for the S550.
I'm doing so on purpose. Honestly, the uncertainty about the next model makes me nervous, and in the past the *final* year of a Mustang body style has always been some of the best and coolest to own. Those who bought a 2005 after the 2004 (New Edge) went out are probably kicking themselves. A New Edge, particularly a Mach1 or Terminator, is so much of a cooler car than the S197.

OP
OP
ZeroTX

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
As long as I can install an H-pipe (same as 15-21), because I've heard that combo and it's just perfect w/ the factory quad exhaust. Sounds high performance without being overbearing or droning.
Sponsored