Sponsored

Vicrez GT500 Hood for 2018+ Mustang! (journal)

Sponsored

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Does anybody have data on heat extraction efficiency of this hood, like CHT before/after in similar conditions? Wondering how functional it is.

OP
OP
waltematech

waltematech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Does anybody have data on heat extraction efficiency of this hood, like CHT before/after in similar conditions? Wondering how functional it is.
I'm not entirely sure, as I bought it specifically because I liked the look, however I CAN say that there is a noticeable sound difference when I press the gas petal. I can definitely hear the engine/air flow difference from before with the stock hood.

At first I was like "OMG wtf is that sound?? is it air blowing over the louvers??" and then I realized it was only when I pressed the gas and was like "oh... ...I'm an idiot"

haha

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Gonna be the exact functionality as a real gt500. Has removable rain tray and all.

Sponsored

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Gonna be the exact functionality as a real gt500. Has removable rain tray and all.
Thanks for the responses folks. If you have a picture from underside with rain tray removed, that would be great.

The reason I'm asking is I'm looking for options to increase the heat extraction for track time and basically have couple options - 1) is to get this hood and use it both on track and as DD, 2) get a second stock hood and cut it for race louvers. I understand that second option would be more efficient, but I wonder if I can get away with this one. swapping hoods would be a headache.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Thanks for the responses folks. If you have a picture from underside with rain tray removed, that would be great.

The reason I'm asking is I'm looking for options to increase the heat extraction for track time and basically have couple options - 1) is to get this hood and use it both on track and as DD, 2) get a second stock hood and cut it for race louvers. I understand that second option would be more efficient, but I wonder if I can get away with this one. swapping hoods would be a headache.
Mines still in the box. Just look at real gt500 hoods. Vent goes on and rain tray exactly how the OEM does. Except this hood is aluminum and even lighter than the stock hood let alone the stock gt500 hood- that thing is composit and is super heavy.

https://www.vicrez.com/vicrez-hood-...ford-mustang-2018-2019-2020?search=Gt500 hood

OP
OP
waltematech

waltematech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Looks epic! If you lower it a bit, I think it would look even better
I feel like having an extremely low car in California is a bit tricky. I already have to be careful as every time I pull out onto a street, the front scrapes horribly. Gotta take every slight bump at a 45 deg angle! haha

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
I feel like having an extremely low car in California is a bit tricky. I already have to be careful as every time I pull out onto a street, the front scrapes horribly. Gotta take every slight bump at a 45 deg angle! haha
That makes sense 😄
Sponsored