Sponsored

Prices are on the rise......

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
And mods like a whipple on a flat plane crank may cause a lot of buyers to stay away… catch 22.
Not if they drove it LOL :devil:

That said I was sure to get all the stock bits for mine so that if the day came to sell it I could return to stock.
Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I disagree with that, atleast as a blanket statement. There is a big difference between a diy shadetree modified car and one that’s professionally done. It’s not to say professional installs can‘t be diy’d. I had an individual that was trying to buy my reg 350, even though its not for sale. I told specifically why I was keeping the car and my intentions. I took him for a ride after all the mods were done. Whipple, cooling, clutch, suspension, wheels, etc. He offered me above msrp for the car before and added the cost of what I’ve done after. My car isn’t for sale, but there are buyers that will pay for quality, granted there not dime a dozen. He could be full of it to.lol

Last edited:

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
As cool as these cars are, there a whole different animal with the added power.

And mods like a whipple on a flat plane crank may cause a lot of buyers to stay away… catch 22.
Not if they drove it LOL :devil:

That said I was sure to get all the stock bits for mine so that if the day came to sell it I could return to stock.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
As cool as these cars are, there a whole different animal with the added power.
Try carrying that weight around a track. IMHO, the only reason why someone would want a booster GT350R over a GT500CFTP is a manual transmission.

Boosted 350R’s are only open to a small percentage of people. How many have come across BaT?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Try carrying that weight around a track. IMHO, the only reason why someone would want a booster GT350R over a GT500CFTP is a manual transmission.

Boosted 350R’s are only open to a small percentage of people. How many have come across BaT?
I would think a boosted GT would be a better way to go than FI on a GT350.

Sponsored

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
I would think a boosted GT would be a better way to go than FI on a GT350.
I would not buy a GT350 that had FI installed at any point, not with the already substantial concerns over engine reliability.

As far in mods in general-I would argue they always subtract value, unless you get lucky and find someone looking for exactly that. For the crowd selling low mileage GT350Rs, they are not going to want a boosted car.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
I plan on doing just that. The weight from the charger isn’t noticeable, and if it ever was at a level where it was, relocating the battery to the back would negate it. And not wanting an auto is exactly why I did it. I would never do those mods to an R. The only mod my R has is springs, and it’ll get a rollbar. Nothing else. You don’t see many modded R’d ever come up for sale, regular 350’s for that matter as well. I do think cars like that do get sold but the actual market see’s very few of them.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
I don’t recall you ever saying you would purchase a 350 regardless. I don’t recall a positive post either about the 350’s for that matter. Correct me if I’m wrong. I don’t disagree that that type of car appeals to a smaller percentage but there’s still those that would want it. Look at how many R’s Fathouse has done, turbo’s and fi’s.

I would not buy a GT350 that had FI installed at any point, not with the already substantial concerns over engine reliability.

As far in mods in general-I would argue they always subtract value, unless you get lucky and find someone looking for exactly that. For the crowd selling low mileage GT350Rs, they are not going to want a boosted car.

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
I don’t recall you ever saying you would purchase a 350 regardless. I don’t recall a positive post either about the 350’s for that matter. Correct me if I’m wrong. I don’t disagree that that type of car appeals to a smaller percentage but there’s still those that would want it. Look at how many R’s Fathouse has done, turbo’s and fi’s.
I would love to buy a GT350, I just don't want to buy one for the currently inflated prices (that's how I originally got sucked into this thread). I would probably pass on a 'R' though as I don't have space for a daily + a fun indoor (I need the back seat for a kid), and it hails like mad where I live. I do stand by my statement on the R's. Have you seen a FI R up for auction yet?

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
I stand corrected. My apologies. Only time will tell, but I don’t see any major correction on pricing with these cars. I’m fortunate, I have garage space. I completely get the back seat, twin 4 year old boys here, and the reason my first one was a regular 350. Glad I don’t have to be concerned with hail, my wife’s brother is outside OkC in Norman, crazy weather. I haven’t really seen any modded R’s go across an auction format, not that there haven’t been, I just haven’t seen it. I do think a lot of these cars, especially the pristine ones, change hands privately though.

I would love to buy a GT350, I just don't want to buy one for the currently inflated prices (that's how I originally got sucked into this thread). I would probably pass on a 'R' though as I don't have space for a daily + a fun indoor (I need the back seat for a kid), and it hails like mad where I live. I do stand by my statement on the R's. Have you seen a FI R up for auction yet?

Sponsored

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
I stand corrected. My apologies. Only time will tell, but I don’t see any major correction on pricing with these cars. I’m fortunate, I have garage space. I completely get the back seat, twin 4 year old boys here, and the reason my first one was a regular 350. Glad I don’t have to be concerned with hail, my wife’s brother is outside OkC in Norman, crazy weather. I haven’t really seen any modded R’s go across an auction format, not that there haven’t been, I just haven’t seen it. I do think a lot of these cars, especially the pristine ones, change hands privately though.

Congrats on the twins, I bet they love riding in the Shelby. I have a 3 year old boy and another one cooking due mid April. They are definitely driving my decision to get a Mustang versus some other two seater!

I'm a new physician, so I have a good income but no wealth. Sadly I just started on my 'grown up' job this calendar year, otherwise I would have pounced on a 2020 or a lightly used 2019. As you may have guessed....I strongly disagree with the conclusion that prices will continue to rise on all cars, hah. I do think the low-mileage R cars will continue to do well, even if they do dip a bit. But the bread and butter GT350's I do think are overpriced, as is pretty much every single car in this market. For example, I have offers of $23k, $24k, and $25k from carvana/carmax/vroom on my 2016 MX-5, a car I paid $24k for back in 2017. It only has 14k miles but that's still insane for a car that is in no way shape or form limited. When things settle down, I strongly feel that people paying ~$65k+ for lightly used 2019 GT350s (what I'm looking at) are going to get hosed and experience massive $10k+ depreciation in the span of a year or so. And maybe they are OK with that, but for me, right now, I want to try and build wealth, and losing that would leave a sour taste in my mouth to the point that I might regret the car, which is just silly when I'm buying it for fun.

TL:DR I expect a new sports car to lose ~50% of it's initial value over 5 years, but I think people buying used GT350's are going to get to experience the same sensation after buying a used car in less time, and I don't want to experience the latter.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
I get the financial side. I never bought either car with the anticipation or idea to make money. There cars. And were purely wants for me. They’ll be there for my boys when there older. That means a lot more to me then the dollars. Your not wrong on values being up or your assessment for the most part. There up across the board, cars, trucks, equipment, etc. With a new Mach 1 being low 60’s, I paid high 63’s for my loaded 20 350 new, it’s easy to see how the values are what they are. I completely understand being financially responsible, but I don’t have to get a deal on something to enjoy it. The difference on 50k to a 60k car loan over 72 months for example is about a hundred bucks a month. That won‘t affect any professional’s life in my opinion, not in a negligible measure really. And time is one thing no amount of money will bring back. But you have to do whats best for you and your family, no judgements there. Congrats on the new one coming. Holy shxt does it change with two. Lol

Congrats on the twins, I bet they love riding in the Shelby. I have a 3 year old boy and another one cooking due mid April. They are definitely driving my decision to get a Mustang versus some other two seater!

I'm a new physician, so I have a good income but no wealth. Sadly I just started on my 'grown up' job this calendar year, otherwise I would have pounced on a 2020 or a lightly used 2019. As you may have guessed....I strongly disagree with the conclusion that prices will continue to rise on all cars, hah. I do think the low-mileage R cars will continue to do well, even if they do dip a bit. But the bread and butter GT350's I do think are overpriced, as is pretty much every single car in this market. For example, I have offers of $23k, $24k, and $25k from carvana/carmax/vroom on my 2016 MX-5, a car I paid $24k for back in 2017. It only has 14k miles but that's still insane for a car that is in no way shape or form limited. When things settle down, I strongly feel that people paying ~$65k+ for lightly used 2019 GT350s (what I'm looking at) are going to get hosed and experience massive $10k+ depreciation in the span of a year or so. And maybe they are OK with that, but for me, right now, I want to try and build wealth, and losing that would leave a sour taste in my mouth to the point that I might regret the car, which is just silly when I'm buying it for fun.

TL:DR I expect a new sports car to lose ~50% of it's initial value over 5 years, but I think people buying used GT350's are going to get to experience the same sensation after buying a used car in less time, and I don't want to experience the latter.
Sponsored