Sponsored

Prices are on the rise......

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
My argument is simple; there’re limited buyers for shelbys of any description. The same can be said of any sports car. There may be less buyers for modified versions but they exist.
If I were to list mine right now, in my market, it would currently be the only one with FI… so if the right guy is looking, my car would be the one they’d want.
Certainly nothing wrong with modifying any HP vehicle including any of our 2nd generation GT350/R's as each of us has a certain mindset as to what we want out of our GT350/R's whether it be improved straightline acceleration or improved handling, braking and steering.

With that being said I found out ~50 years ago that once a desirable and HP vehicle has been modified (assuming that putting said vehicle back to stock without much work) and then goes up for sale there is no question that the interested number of parties becomes very very small compared to a stock example that is for sale which in turn then typically reduces the value of any given vehicle including our GT350's.

Back in 1971 I modified a 1963 XKE E Type and found out quickly that I made a huge mistake when it came time to resell a vehicle of that nature and no question in my mind that the same scenario would apply to our 2nd generation GT350's.

Again, I want to be clear that I respect all those that want to modify your GT350/R's in order to make it your own but once it comes time to sell your modified ride it does not make any sense to expect a current market place return for a modified example compared to a completely stock GT350/R.

To put it in another way, if there were 10 examples of a 2020 GT350/R up for sale all of which were completely stock, in similar condition and with similar mileage except for 1 example which was modified, which of those 10 vehicles do you think would get the most attention, interest and sold the most quickly and for the most money?

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Certainly nothing wrong with modifying any HP vehicle including any of our 2nd generation GT350/R's as each of us has a certain mindset as to what we want out of our GT350/R's whether it be improved straightline acceleration or improved handling, braking and steering.

With that being said I found out ~50 years ago that once a desirable and HP vehicle has been modified (assuming that putting said vehicle back to stock without much work) and then goes up for sale there is no question that the interested number of parties becomes very very small compared to a stock example that is for sale which in turn then typically reduces the value of any given vehicle including our GT350's.

Back in 1971 I modified a 1963 XKE E Type and found out quickly that I made a huge mistake when it came time to resell a vehicle of that nature and no question in my mind that the same scenario would apply to our 2nd generation GT350's.

Again, I want to be clear that I respect all those that want to modify your GT350/R's in order to make it your own but once it comes time to sell your modified ride it does not make any sense to expect a current market place return for a modified example compared to a completely stock GT350/R.

To put it in another way, if there were 10 examples of a 2020 GT350/R up for sale all of which were completely stock, in similar condition and with similar mileage except for 1 example which was modified, which of those 10 vehicles do you think would get the most attention, interest and sold the most quickly and for the most money?
That depends.. Would you want to buy a completely stock gt350 that was tracked every weekend, and on its second set of brakes and tires, that you know spent half of its miles between 6-8000 rpms? over one that has a S/C but was babied on the street?
Not everyone is afraid of FI, there're more than a few members here that have modified cars... What do you think they'd choose?

ecoboost321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R ; 2018 Tesla Model 3
In my experience, when I sold my modified sports cars, I would generally get 20% at best of the money I paid for the installed performance parts at resale. And it definitely limited the pool of potential buyers (997 Turbo, BmW M2).
In regards to the GT350/GT350R, I think majority of buyers have interest in the vehicle because of the balance of NA power and chassis setup. But there are a people out there that need that shove you in the seats feeling from big forced induction. It’s the one thing I miss from my 911 turbo, was pushing +650hp to all 4 wheels !

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
That depends.. Would you want to buy a completely stock gt350 that was tracked every weekend, and on its second set of brakes and tires, that you know spent half of its miles between 6-8000 rpms? over one that has a S/C but was babied on the street?
Not everyone is afraid of FI, there're more than a few members here that have modified cars... What do you think they'd choose?
Lol, ok - I'll bite.

So you're saying everyone should trust the guy who says "Yeah, it makes 900 to the wheels...but I never get on it."???

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
I for one would choose the NA GT350/R over an identical FI 350 at the same price.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Obviously you did not read my previous post very closely as I made it quite clear that in order to make a true price comparison between a totally stock GT350 and a modified (supercharged) GT350 that each vehicle in question would have to be similar in mileage and more importantly each vehicle had to be similar in condition therefore based on your previous post it obviously does not carry any weight or merit.

As far as you suggesting that I may be afraid of driving a supercharged vehicle again that is not even close to being the case based on having previously owned three 2nd generation GT500's and got on them big time and unfortunately to the point whereby I wrote off one of my 2009 GT500's off due to some very aggressive driving and very poor judgement on my part. :facepalm:

I was also quite fortunate to be given the opportunity to drive the attached 2006 Ford GT for a weekend along with experiencing a 2017 Petty King Edition Mustang (727 HP) that same weekend as well both of which I drove the crap out of and luckily all involved came out unscathed on the other side. Both cars were extremely fast and in the wrong hands they were an accident just waiting to happen.

If you have modified your 2017 GT350 with FI then my congratulations for going that route but at the same time it is very disappointing that you have no idea what the full performance potential is for your GT350 based on having babied your car.

2020 & 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition - 3 (2).jpg

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Because it is, is just as valuable as because it can, and whether or not it does -really means the least of the three. Unless it doesn’t because it can’t. :crackup:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Because it is, is just as valuable as because it can, and whether or not it does -really means the least of the three. Unless it doesn’t because it can’t. :crackup:
Ummmmm, I forgot my decoder ring. What did you type?

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
No such thing as a FI vehicle where the owner babied it. No way is anyone going to spend that kind of money and then not flog the vehicle.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Ummmmm, I forgot my decoder ring. What did you type?
I can help... I am fluent in Internet Forum Gibberish Babble.
***Translation***
You see, what I am trying to say is what I'm saying, which accurately depicts what I intended to say when I was explaining what was said during my explanation of what was actually said.

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Obviously you did not read my previous post very closely as I made it quite clear that in order to make a true price comparison between a totally stock GT350 and a modified (supercharged) GT350 that each vehicle in question would have to be similar in mileage and more importantly each vehicle had to be similar in condition therefore based on your previous post it obviously does not carry any weight or merit.

As far as you suggesting that I may be afraid of driving a supercharged vehicle again that is not even close to being the case based on having previously owned three 2nd generation GT500's and got on them big time and unfortunately to the point whereby I wrote off one of my 2009 GT500's off due to some very aggressive driving and very poor judgement on my part. :facepalm:

I was also quite fortunate to be given the opportunity to drive the attached 2006 Ford GT for a weekend along with experiencing a 2017 Petty King Edition Mustang (727 HP) that same weekend as well both of which I drove the crap out of and luckily all involved came out unscathed on the other side. Both cars were extremely fast and in the wrong hands they were an accident just waiting to happen.

If you have modified your 2017 GT350 with FI then my congratulations for going that route but at the same time it is very disappointing that you have no idea what the full performance potential is for your GT350 based on having babied your car.

2020 & 2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition - 3 (2).jpg

afraid to buy... not afraid to drive :facepalm:

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
No such thing as a FI vehicle where the owner babied it. No way is anyone going to spend that kind of money and then not flog the vehicle.

Right... No way somebody could own a Shelby with a blower and look after it. SMH