Do Not Buy A Used car!!!!!

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
I'm finding it amusing all the people keeping track of their former cars...
Maybe it's just me but once I sell a car I could not care less what happens to it. I was happy with my deal or I wouldn't have sold it. I'm not even curious what happens to it after.
My F150 I traded on my Mustang had a birthday at the dealer, then they made $500 on it. I'd say I did good.
13F150at store.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
My F150 I traded on my Mustang had a birthday at the dealer, then they made $500 on it. I'd say I did good.
A co-workers f150 trade sat for a long time. hard to sell used, when ford kept offering 0.0% for 72 on the new ones.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I am at my Ford dealer in Tustin California getting my oil changed. Their website says they have two Mach 1’s but I can’t find them anywhere. The showroom only has one F150 in it and the lot is bare. You would think they’d have them in the showroom. They’re not open yet so I can’t ask.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am at my Ford dealer in Tustin California getting my oil changed. Their website says they have two Mach 1’s but I can’t find them anywhere. The showroom only has one F150 in it and the lot is bare. You would think they’d have them in the showroom. They’re not open yet so I can’t ask.
A lot of dealers sites list units that are on order or on the way.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
A lot of dealers sites list units that are on order or on the way.
They just opened the doors. They are at sister dealers. $10k ADM. Not outrageous. Should I sell mine to them?:giggle:

Sponsored

MIKE MOORE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
MIKE
Vehicle(s)
1956 OLDS 88
I sold my 2020 GT I purchased last year to the same dealer for a PROFIT I paid invoice for the car. window was 32k and it is sitting on the lot as we speak for just shy of 45k. please do not buy a used car right now people are getting ripped off
Hold on. You sold it to a dealer for a profit, and that's OK, but they are selling it for a profit, mind you it's a profit that they give 25% of to the sales person, 10% to the sales manager, 10% to the general manager and they have to pay to recon it through the service dept, and if they sell it as Ford Certified, there's a fee for that as well, but that's not OK? They shouldn't make money. Dealers bad, public good. Got it.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
it's a profit that they give 25% of to the sales person, 10% to the sales manager, 10% to the general manager
what throwback to the 1960's dealer is this? the managers get net to nothing and the sales guy gets $200-250 no matter what the selling price of the car...

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
what throwback to the 1960's dealer is this? the managers get net to nothing and the sales guy gets $200-250 no matter what the selling price of the car...
The point, that went over thy head was, the poster got a big profit off the car, but the dealer that has overhead and payroll are evil for trying to sell it for more than it could be bought for in 2020.
Dealer greedy, guy that sold it for way more than he paid, not greedy.
Guess ripping someone off is ok when the money is going into (his) pockets.
Kinda makes one look like a hypocrite when you are part of the greedy problem, but try to blast others(dealers) for the same.
I have a few co-workers and friends that will talk about ceo's and corporate greed, non stop.
But have sold their homes in this new bubble for hundreds of thousands more than they paid for them in 2017.
When a company or management try to get as much as they can for their service/product if is being greedy.
But when they do the same, all well and good.
I just nod my head, and think to myself, The elevator doesn't go to the top floor. Because pointing out that they are no different than the evil ceo's and companies. Doesn't go over well.

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I was plenty cognizant of your point. I was commenting on your distorted and obsolete notion of compensation.

Sponsored

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Oh I want to say something so bad, but I'm not dragging that lit cigar through the powder magazine.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
I'm tempted, but I'm sure it would probably violate forum rules, and I have to respect the forum, if not the BEMs and KIAs.

Last edited:

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Got an offer today from a local dealer on my 20 PP2 $42k
Sponsored