"2022" Mach 1's

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Ford either made it very difficult to pick a color when ordering, or easier to accept a color when it's on the lot..
Sponsored

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
I think ford already announced the 2021 mustang mach 1 :giggle:

Just giving you shit, I know you meant to say 2022. šŸ˜¬

What color did you order? It's still all speculation, but some are saying the FJG color will only be a year run, but that's still TBD.
Oh yes, meant 2022 M1 but I am really hoping they announce this soon.

I am not having FJG. I ordered it and then almost wanted it changed...

as leaked on the Steeda website for 2022 colors.
1628678703956.png

i also note that they removed the "code orange" that was previously on the leaked GT500 page.
How real is this? Grabber Blue, Eruption Green and Cyber Orange would be my picks here, but I am really hoping Grabber blue is the one on Mach E.

The metallic Grabber Blue will likely be very close to Nitrous Blue of the Focus RS. Of course, the metallic version is currently used by the Mach E GT. I think it'd still be my pick of the '22 colors. A shame Code Orange seems to be a GT500 exclusive color though, as that would be a close second for me.

Of course, this is all subject to change!

Grabber Blue v Nitrous Blue.jpg
Grabber Blue Mach E.jpg
FYI I saw the Grabber Blue on Mach E as well, not just GT. I know what you are thinking. I have researched this a lot but I saw a Mach E on the road 2 months back without the GT grill on the front.

So the color chart is legit. Well that sucks. Now I need a Mach 1 in grabber blue and a gt500 in eruption green. No idea how I can swing all of that 1 year after buying my current Mach 1. Thanks Ford!
You're buying 3 cars then. Hmm

From what I gathered from the Steeda leak, the Mach 1 colors are going to be the same as 21, no additions.
Link please. Really hoping for new colors. :/

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
From what I gathered from the Steeda leak, the Mach 1 colors are going to be the same as 21, no additions.
But it looks like FJG can now be had on any Mustang. Kind of takes away its specialness to the Mach 1. Do not really like that idea.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
You know what? I've ALWAYS hated grabber blue. Idk why, I just have.. well... that is until I finally saw it in person yesterday. And it reminded me of how it's hard to get a good photo of FJG. I always hated grabber blue based on pictures, but having never seen it in person. Once I saw it in person, I was just like, "holy shit, I actually really like grabber blue"
Grabber Blue is a bit painful to look at for me. Not that I donā€™t like it, itā€™s a bit TOO much at times.

Last edited:

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I don't think this will happen but let's see. More reason to deny my FJG '21 M1.
Guys, when they new post colors, wheels Etc., in brochures, Iā€™ve found it doesnā€™t necessarily mean all colors are available on all the models. Same thing with wheels. They usually break down whatā€™s available with what package later on, and usually with some disappointment amongst us.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I don't think this will happen but let's see. More reason to deny my FJG '21 M1.
I hope you are right, but.....

For 2022, Ford has kept some of the colors from the past few years available. Fan favorites like Iconic Silver, Rapid Red, Race Red, Shadow Black, Fighter Jet Gray (previously a Mach 1 only option) and Oxford White are slated to return for the 2022 Mustang.

Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 1.48.20 PM.png

John Houseman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
1969 Cougar Convertible, 2000 F-250, 2013 F-150, 2020 F-150 PREVIOUSLY Owned 1982 Mustaang GT, 1986 Mustang GT, 2005 Mustang V-6, 2005 Mustang GT, 2005 Mustang GT Convertible, 2008 Shelby GT500,

For 2022, Ford has kept some of the colors from the past few years available. Fan favorites like Iconic Silver, Rapid Red, Race Red, Shadow Black, Fighter Jet Gray (previously a Mach 1 only option) and Oxford White are slated to return for the 2022 Mustang.

If Grabber Yellow is being dropped from the line up, I'd bet Cyber Orange makes it to the Mach 1, but I doubt that Eruption Green or Oil Slick Blue-Purple will. We can hope! Also, Ford may change the decals for 2022, like they did on the Boss 302 cars. Maybe Rapid Red will replace Twister Orange??? Maybe, this time, we'll get the full pallet of colors for the Mach 1. :shock:

Last edited:

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Has ford ever introduced a special color and then offered it the next year on the standard mustang? I know toyota does that with the colors on the PRO models. Would be kinda disappointing if they did this with FJG

Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
How many people would get FJG without the contrast orange/black elements? I don't think it would be very popular.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
How many people would get FJG without the contrast orange/black elements? I don't think it would be very popular.
I don't get why people ordered the JFG even with the contract orange/black elements.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Wait, am I misunderstanding you? Did they ever even offer that color on the GT500? I don't see it on the build tool currently...
No misunderstanding, I donā€™t think ā€¦ :like:

When Ford launched grabber lime on the GT500 they showed it as a metallic (shown on the top photo). That had gone against what the grabber colours had traditionally been (non metallic) and how it had appeared for a year back in the 70ā€™s.

When it actually launched (shown on the bottom photo) it was the non metallic original colour.

Based on that experience, all I was saying is just because the early info suggests that grabber blue has gone metallic, that doesnā€™t necessarily mean thatā€™s what we will get when it hits production.

Personally I would say the grabber colours should stay true to their original release i.e. non metallic.

Yeah do a metallic version, but donā€™t call it grabber :like:

If you are interested, there is a website dedicated to the grabber colours and what years / models they were offered on :like:

WD :like:

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486

Next to the words FJG is a symbol indicating there is a note pertaining to that color. What does the note say?
Sponsored