Prices are on the rise......

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Anyone seen prices for M2 CS ? First, you cant find them. Second - they are 100k+ for low/no mile cars.
Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Many think the prices will drop or crash, Iā€™m of the opinion that the special manual models will continue to go up. There may be a slight dip at some point but I think the trend for cars like the 350, M2, etc. Will continue to rise as those types of models become very difficult to find. The other thing is, in the realm of truly great driving cars those types of models that are affordable and not in a stratosphere category are few and far between.

Anyone seen prices for M2 CS ? First, you cant find them. Second - they are 100k+ for low/no mile cars.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I agree, or they should have set a limit on the number that they were going to build, stick to it, and give the HEP cars the numbers in either the front or the back. They built 1964 50 Years Edition cars and 50 track and 50 tech pack cars for 2015, the 50th Anniversary of the GT350, so they could have done that here as well.

Iā€™ve heard a few crazy stories about my car, and the actual story I have regarding how I got the car is pretty crazy.

Rumor Story - A friend of mine had dinner with Edsel Ford several months back. They were talking about the Ford Families special cars as well as his special Fordā€™s and he mentioned that he knew the guy that had the first Heritage GT350R. He said Edselā€™s response was, yeah, we still donā€™t know what happened to that car. It was supposed to be Billā€™s, but something happened and he didnā€™t get it.

I have no written evidence that this is the case. It could just be a story. I have redacted emails of the actual story. Names of all parties are redacted, but the emails are in tact otherwise.

Actual Story - In November of 2019, one month before Ford announced the Heritage GT350/GT350Rā€™s, the dealer that I bought my car from was contacted by their Sales Rep at Ford to see if they wanted to purchase any of the excess inventory cars before the quarter ended. This email included a list of Rangers, Expeditions, and a few Mustangs including a GT350R. The dealership responded that they would take the Rangers, Expeditions, and the GT350R.

When they attempted to place the order for the cars, all of them cleared except the GT350R. The rep at the dealership responded back that the GT350R was giving him some strange errors. His Ford rep asked him to send him screenshots of the errors and he did. The errors were:

Invalid Paint Color: Wimbledon White
Invalid Stripe Color: Guardsman Blue
Inventory Hold: Manager Override Required

The Ford Rep responded, try entering the order codes for White Paint and Blue stripes and see what it does. The Dealer Rep responded, that cleared two of the errors, but Iā€™m still getting one error:

Inventory Hold: Manager Override required

The Ford Rep then brings his manager into the conversation, tells them how great that dealership is for Ford, which I absolutely agree, and shows him the issue. The Manager then responds, ā€œOh, I see whatā€™s wrong. I can fix that. The Manager then replies again a few minutes later, have him try again. The Dealer tries again and says, thanks, that worked.

I love my car. The actual story is enough for me to appreciate this is a special car. The rumor story would be amazing if true, but I doubt we would ever get some sort of written confirmation. I trust my friend completely, but sometimes details get lost. I mean, Iā€™m sure if Bill Ford really wanted this car, someone at Ford would contact me.
Ford reads this site. If that is true, don't be surprised if they did contact you. If anything else, maybe just to keep tabs on the car.

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R in Iconic Silver
Pretty surprised we haven't had any more GT350R's on BaT after the last one went for $110,000. Figured that would draw in a wave of owners wanting to sell but were seeing a hold instead.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Pretty surprised we haven't had any more GT350R's on BaT after the last one went for $110,000. Figured that would draw in a wave of owners wanting to sell but were seeing a hold instead.
I agree - but BAT vets these out too - and perhaps they dont want a rash of them for sale.

It also goes to people being reluctant to let these cars go considering the experience provided at that price point.

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I agree - but BAT vets these out too - and perhaps they dont want a rash of them for sale.

It also goes to people being reluctant to let these cars go considering the experience provided at that price point.
I don't think BaT will ever turn away a non-salvage title GT350R. But they control the pacing. I don't know their strategy; sometimes it seems like they intentionally spread out some models so there are never two at a time, while sometimes it seems like you see 3-4 of the same car with overlapping auctions - maybe so that bidders who lose out on the first will bid higher on the second.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
I don't think BaT will ever turn away a non-salvage title GT350R. But they control the pacing. I don't know their strategy; sometimes it seems like they intentionally spread out some models so there are never two at a time, while sometimes it seems like you see 3-4 of the same car with overlapping auctions - maybe so that bidders who lose out on the first will bid higher on the second.
It would be interesting to here of someone actually going thru this.
Anybody put their car on BAT and told it cannot be listed until xx-xx date?
Maybe those selling on BAT donā€™t want another identical car competing for said dollars at the same time.

Rusherific

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
It would be interesting to here of someone actually going thru this.
Anybody put their car on BAT and told it cannot be listed until xx-xx date?
Maybe those selling on BAT donā€™t want another identical car competing for said dollars at the same time.
I also would be curious about BaT's decision making. I tried last year to put up my immaculate Golf R manual (and probably the last year they will ever offer a manual again, at that) to make room for my 350 and didn't get accepted. I know it's only one data point, and not the most special car in the world, but considering the amount of late model cars they do accept I don't see the rhyme or reason for that. Just got me to thinking about how they make the decisions they do...

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
I also would be curious about BaT's decision making. I tried last year to put up my immaculate Golf R manual (and probably the last year they will ever offer a manual again, at that) to make room for my 350 and didn't get accepted. I know it's only one data point, and not the most special car in the world, but considering the amount of late model cars they do accept I don't see the rhyme or reason for that. Just got me to thinking about how they make the decisions they do...
The only thing I know about BAT is itā€™s an on line auction site. Why in the world would an on line auction site turn down a legit seller. I mean I can see someone wanting to put up a $300 car and getting turned downā€¦but you?
I donā€™t get it.

Sponsored

Littleredd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT W/PP2
The only thing I know about BAT is itā€™s an on line auction site. Why in the world would an on line auction site turn down a legit seller. I mean I can see someone wanting to put up a $300 car and getting turned downā€¦but you?
I donā€™t get it.
It's not a club if you don't keep someone out!

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
These cars are amazing, until you need to take them in for service. Then you realize them being affordable is due to cutting costs everywhere including dealership quality. I drove my car 5 years/70,000 miles until one day my luck ran out. So we are all drinking some kool-aid here. There is no bang for the buck. You win some and you lose some. Its a compromise. A car is more than just sum of its parts. Its the entire experience that you pay for.

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
These cars are amazing, until you need to take them in for service. Then you realize them being affordable is due to cutting costs everywhere including dealership quality. I drove my car 5 years/70,000 miles until one day my luck ran out. So we are all drinking some kool-aid here. There is no bang for the buck. You win some and you lose some. Its a compromise. A car is more than just sum of its parts. Its the entire experience that you pay for.
The dealer networks is 100% not equipped to manage a true performance car, or any car that the owner considers "special." This isn't really a knock on Ford dealers; they make their money on volume and keeping soccer moms in their Explorers happy and probably view picky, detail-oriented people as a nuisance. My local dealer was actually pretty good about the R on delivery, but then I never took it to them except for a warranty issue, and I had to watch like a hawk. But I understand that I was an anomaly there.

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I sold my wife's TT on BaT, and it took about a month to go live after they accepted it, and they pushed pretty hard for a "no-reserve" sale. I ended up getting exactly what my reserve would have been, anyway, so it went fine. A TT in far worse shape the next week went for more, which I think is their strategy - people missed out on mine, then jumped at the next one.

I donā€™t get it.
They do have capacity limits, probably partially due to the size of their staff, but mostly due to the nature of the platform - they want their buyers scrolling all the cars and seeing what's interesting. If you have 1,000 cars, no one will scroll them.

It preys on nostalgia and a sense of urgency of "that car" getting away. It's not like Autotrader where you decide you want a specific car, then go search for that car. It's much more like window shopping, where you're going to walk into the store and buy the thing that catches your eye. Whatever the model is, it's working really well. For those of us who have been following the site for years, it has rapidly changed from a place to get a great deal on a quirky, old, probably European car that needs some work, to a place where you can routinely watch Ford GTs get auctioned off for high-six-figure and (with the newer cars) low-seven-figure sums. An occasional bargain sneaks through, but it's more common for there to be a BaT "tax," especially on Porsches and some higher-end stuff.

3 years ago I almost bit on a Ferrari 456 GT 6-speed that went for about $55K. I am SO kicking myself for not doing it. C'est la vie.
Sponsored