Sponsored

Prices are on the rise......

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Didn't mean to imply it wasn't. He's a very knowledgeable and even tempered member. Just curious since his earlier post.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Didn't mean to imply it wasn't. He's a very knowledgeable and even tempered member. Just curious since his earlier post.
No change of heart and am still relocating and in fact planning to leave a week tomorrow and hopefully will get across the Northern border a couple of days later all subject to the ever changing COVID-19 requirements and restrictions.

With respect to downsizing my corral, I unfortunately did decide to sell my 2020 HEP R and shortly after that transaction I decided to take a time out and will keep two GT350/R cars for now all subject to an upcoming business opportunity that hopefully will work out over the next few months. :fingerscrossed:

Regarding the 1 of 1 2016 GT350R that was built in September 2015 and one of the very first 2016 R's assembled in Flat Rock I remember when that car arrived just like it was yesterday.

I was then invited to sit down with new owner and listened to his story as to how Edsel Ford and Jay Leno wanted this car real bad but my friend ended up being high bidder on this car and must say that it was comical to see all of the Ford documentation being made out to Jay Leno and then sent to my friend to sign off on this GT350R as it was a foregone conclusion that Jay was purchasing this 1 of 1 R model. :giggle:

Obviously the Dearborn/Leno paperwork was put away and kept as a terrific story line for future reference.

Bottom line is that I will always have room for another GT350 or R model in my garage especially when they are very cool and very unique such as this vehicle not matter what my circumstances. The timing was not right for purchasing CBB 1 but never say never. 🙏

As far as moving to America in January, 1998 I must say that it has been an absolute terrific ride for my wife and myself and without question this is the best country in the world to live in !!! :like::like:

Aside from the many business opportunities that have culminated over the last ~23 years the absolute best part of our long journey in this great country is centered all around some of the very best and nicest people that I could ever imagine to meet many of which are members of this forum and you all know who you are. :clap:

Will continue to watch and participate on our Mustang6G Forum as time allows and with any luck I will be back visiting "The Greatest Country In The World" and spending some quality time at our home in the Coachella Valley later this Fall.

:sunglasses:

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT350, GT350R HEP, GT500 HE CFTP, 23 Raptor R
No change of heart and am still relocating and in fact planning to leave a week tomorrow and hopefully will get across the Northern border a couple of days later all subject to the ever changing COVID-19 requirements and restrictions.

With respect to downsizing my corral, I unfortunately did decide to sell my 2020 HEP R and shortly after that transaction I decided to take a time out and will keep two GT350/R cars for now all subject to an upcoming business opportunity that hopefully will work out over the next few months. :fingerscrossed:

Regarding the 1 of 1 2016 GT350R that was built in September 2015 and one of the very first 2016 R's assembled in Flat Rock I remember when that car arrived just like it was yesterday.

I was then invited to sit down with new owner and listened to his story as to how Edsel Ford and Jay Leno wanted this car real bad but my friend ended up being high bidder on this car and must say that it was comical to see all of the Ford documentation being made out to Jay Leno and then sent to my friend to sign off on this GT350R as it was a foregone conclusion that Jay was purchasing this 1 of 1 R model. :giggle:

Obviously the Dearborn/Leno paperwork was put away and kept as a terrific story line for future reference.

Bottom line is that I will always have room for another GT350 or R model in my garage especially when they are very cool and very unique such as this vehicle not matter what my circumstances. The timing was not right for purchasing CBB 1 but never say never. 🙏

As far as moving to America in January, 1998 I must say that it has been an absolute terrific ride for my wife and myself and without question this is the best country in the world to live in !!! :like::like:

Aside from the many business opportunities that have culminated over the last ~23 years the absolute best part of our long journey in this great country is centered all around some of the very best and nicest people that I could ever imagine to meet many of which are members of this forum and you all know who you are. :clap:

Will continue to watch and participate on our Mustang6G Forum as time allows and with any luck I will be back visiting "The Greatest Country In The World" and spending some quality time at our home in the Coachella Valley later this Fall.

Hold up… I know I’ve been gone for a while working a ton but…you sold your HEP GT350R?

why on earth would you do that?

Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Hold up… I know I’ve been gone for a while working a ton but…you sold your HEP GT350R?

Sdsaathoff:
I had no idea there were two LR001's.....?
"CoolHandLuke" also had the non HEP R which also was LR001:
Screenshot 2021-07-10 124921.png

Screenshot 2021-07-10 125021.png

Interesting.......................!!!!!
You currently have great resale potential!
"CoolHandLuke" said it was killing him putting miles on his LR001, and just couldn't enjoy driving it and seeing the miles rack up. He ended up selling it and buying a 718 Spyder. It sold at auction for about double of what he sold it for.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Sdsaathoff:

"CoolHandLuke" said it was killing him putting miles on his LR001, and just couldn't enjoy driving it and seeing the miles rack up. He ended up selling it and buying a 718 Spyder. It sold at auction for about double of what he sold it for.
for 2020 there are two sets of chassis numbers. One for the normal GT350 and GT350R and a blue badge for the Heritage cars.

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sdsaathoff:

Oh yeah. Mine isn’t for sale. I know the guy that sold the other one at BJ. He asked me about putting mine in the auction and I told him I really didn’t want to, but I’d see what his would do because I heard BJ will royally screw you if you don’t know them and they want your car. Well…if you watched the auction, they didn’t even mention it was a Serial #1 car until after they ended the auction and the bidding was very competitive and moving up quick when they abruptly ended the auction at 130K…

I would only part with mine for a trade for something that wouldn’t make me miss this car as much as I know it would.

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IMO Heritages should have been designated with an H.
Example: LHR001.
I agree, or they should have set a limit on the number that they were going to build, stick to it, and give the HEP cars the numbers in either the front or the back. They built 1964 50 Years Edition cars and 50 track and 50 tech pack cars for 2015, the 50th Anniversary of the GT350, so they could have done that here as well.

I’ve heard a few crazy stories about my car, and the actual story I have regarding how I got the car is pretty crazy.

Rumor Story - A friend of mine had dinner with Edsel Ford several months back. They were talking about the Ford Families special cars as well as his special Ford’s and he mentioned that he knew the guy that had the first Heritage GT350R. He said Edsel’s response was, yeah, we still don’t know what happened to that car. It was supposed to be Bill’s, but something happened and he didn’t get it.

I have no written evidence that this is the case. It could just be a story. I have redacted emails of the actual story. Names of all parties are redacted, but the emails are in tact otherwise.

Actual Story - In November of 2019, one month before Ford announced the Heritage GT350/GT350R’s, the dealer that I bought my car from was contacted by their Sales Rep at Ford to see if they wanted to purchase any of the excess inventory cars before the quarter ended. This email included a list of Rangers, Expeditions, and a few Mustangs including a GT350R. The dealership responded that they would take the Rangers, Expeditions, and the GT350R.

When they attempted to place the order for the cars, all of them cleared except the GT350R. The rep at the dealership responded back that the GT350R was giving him some strange errors. His Ford rep asked him to send him screenshots of the errors and he did. The errors were:

Invalid Paint Color: Wimbledon White
Invalid Stripe Color: Guardsman Blue
Inventory Hold: Manager Override Required

The Ford Rep responded, try entering the order codes for White Paint and Blue stripes and see what it does. The Dealer Rep responded, that cleared two of the errors, but I’m still getting one error:

Inventory Hold: Manager Override required

The Ford Rep then brings his manager into the conversation, tells them how great that dealership is for Ford, which I absolutely agree, and shows him the issue. The Manager then responds, “Oh, I see what’s wrong. I can fix that. The Manager then replies again a few minutes later, have him try again. The Dealer tries again and says, thanks, that worked.

I love my car. The actual story is enough for me to appreciate this is a special car. The rumor story would be amazing if true, but I doubt we would ever get some sort of written confirmation. I trust my friend completely, but sometimes details get lost. I mean, I’m sure if Bill Ford really wanted this car, someone at Ford would contact me.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
for 2020 there are two sets of chassis numbers. One for the normal GT350 and GT350R and a blue badge for the Heritage cars.
To complicate things even further there are a couple of early 2020 R models that did not come with either a Red chassis plate or a Blue chassis plate but came with Black chassis plates in error with both of these cars belonging to the 280 HEP R examples for the 2020 MY.

The owners of these vehicles contacted me and confirmed that Ford would replace the Black chassis plates with the proper Blue chassis plates after which time they asked my opinion as to replacing these wrong plates with the new ones?

I said do what you want but if if was me I would get the replacement plates for future reference but would never install the correct Blue chassis plates on these cars.

Either the chassis plate assignor at the Flat Rock assembly plant either fell asleep on a couple of early HEP cars or for some reason they could not find any Blue chassis plates for those 2 R models that day! :facepalm:

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
To complicate things even further there are a couple of early 2020 R models that did not come with either a Red chassis plate or a Blue chassis plate but came with Black chassis plates in error with both of these cars belonging to the 280 HEP R examples for the 2020 MY.

The owners of these vehicles contacted me and confirmed that Ford would replace the Black chassis plates with the proper Blue chassis plates after which time they asked my opinion as to replacing these wrong plates with the new ones?

I said do what you want but if if was me I would get the replacement plates for future reference but would never install the correct Blue chassis plates on these cars.

Either the chassis plate assignor at the Flat Rock assembly plant either fell asleep on a couple of early HEP cars or for some reason they could not find any Blue chassis plates for those 2 R models that day! :facepalm:
Not a stamp collector, but mistakes like that always make me think about "Inverted Jenny." 24 cent stamp that's worth close to $2mil. today.

1625987980045.png

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

Some time after taking delivery of LR041 and putting some ~750 miles on it I was advised that my 23 year tenure in the U.S. would be coming to an end.

With that being the case it was decided that at least one of my GT350/R's would have to go based on logistics/economics which included paying importation taxes once again on all my vehicles along with importation fees and cross border transportation costs.

The question then became which of the 3 cars do I sell as my 2015 GT350 was originally a test/evaluation vehicle and 1 of 1 color combination for the launch model year and has almost 14,000 miles on it and just love driving that car, let go of my 2018 Base R Model that was allocated to me by Ford of Canda and is also a 1 of 1 car for the 2018 MY and has almost 1,000 miles on it or let go of LR041?

Obviously LR041 was the odd man out and even though it was the best overall GT350R that I have ever owned and miss that car immensely I do not regert my decision making.

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some time after taking delivery of LR041 and putting some ~750 miles on it I was advised that my 23 year tenure in the U.S. would be coming to an end.

With that being the case it was decided that at least one of my GT350/R's would have to go based on logistics/economics which included paying importation taxes once again on all my vehicles along with importation fees and cross border transportation costs.

The question then became which of the 3 cars do I sell as my 2015 GT350 was originally a test/evaluation vehicle and 1 of 1 color combination for the launch model year and has almost 14,000 miles on it and just love driving that car, let go of my 2018 Base R Model that was allocated to me by Ford of Canda and is also a 1 of 1 car for the 2018 MY and has almost 1,000 miles on it or let go of LR041?

Obviously LR041 was the odd man out and even though it was the best overall GT350R that I have ever owned and miss that car immensely I do not regert my decision making.
That is unfortunate. Where are you originally from? Why didn’t you apply for citizenship? I have a number of friends of mine that moved to the US years ago and usually after about 10 years, they went through the arduous process to become citizens. They all say it was worth it and most retain their citizenship in their original countries.

I also thought you sold your 2015. I still have mine. My 2015 is a Track Pack, so it lacks any of the comforts that my GT350R has. I prefer driving the R, but the 2015 gives a more old school feel. No technology. Just an AM/FM radio with not too nice speakers. So there isn’t a lot to distract you from the driving experience. It still has this incredible suspension, motor, and backseats so I can take the family for a ride with me. Having both is the best of a generation of probably the pinnacle of what a Mustang always has been.

I have been thinking about trading my 2015 for a 2021 CFTP car, but now that I think about it, I’m not sure. That car probably has the best of everything, more powerful motor, more advanced transmission, etc… but the 350’s are really special cars. Much higher revving motors, the visceral feel of a manual transmission.

It’s too bad the 2015’s aren’t worth more. Most people outside of this forum don’t even know what they are, or how rare, as a model, they are. After all, there are 1 of 1’s every few years with strange color combo’s, options, etc… but for a giant manufacturer to make a line of only 37 of one model for a year and 50 of another and 50 of a third, that’s unheard of nowadays. Perhaps time will change all of that.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I agree, or they should have set a limit on the number that they were going to build, stick to it, and give the HEP cars the numbers in either the front or the back. They built 1964 50 Years Edition cars and 50 track and 50 tech pack cars for 2015, the 50th Anniversary of the GT350, so they could have done that here as well.

I’ve heard a few crazy stories about my car, and the actual story I have regarding how I got the car is pretty crazy.

Rumor Story - A friend of mine had dinner with Edsel Ford several months back. They were talking about the Ford Families special cars as well as his special Ford’s and he mentioned that he knew the guy that had the first Heritage GT350R. He said Edsel’s response was, yeah, we still don’t know what happened to that car. It was supposed to be Bill’s, but something happened and he didn’t get it.

I have no written evidence that this is the case. It could just be a story. I have redacted emails of the actual story. Names of all parties are redacted, but the emails are in tact otherwise.

Actual Story - In November of 2019, one month before Ford announced the Heritage GT350/GT350R’s, the dealer that I bought my car from was contacted by their Sales Rep at Ford to see if they wanted to purchase any of the excess inventory cars before the quarter ended. This email included a list of Rangers, Expeditions, and a few Mustangs including a GT350R. The dealership responded that they would take the Rangers, Expeditions, and the GT350R.

When they attempted to place the order for the cars, all of them cleared except the GT350R. The rep at the dealership responded back that the GT350R was giving him some strange errors. His Ford rep asked him to send him screenshots of the errors and he did. The errors were:

Invalid Paint Color: Wimbledon White
Invalid Stripe Color: Guardsman Blue
Inventory Hold: Manager Override Required

The Ford Rep responded, try entering the order codes for White Paint and Blue stripes and see what it does. The Dealer Rep responded, that cleared two of the errors, but I’m still getting one error:

Inventory Hold: Manager Override required

The Ford Rep then brings his manager into the conversation, tells them how great that dealership is for Ford, which I absolutely agree, and shows him the issue. The Manager then responds, “Oh, I see what’s wrong. I can fix that. The Manager then replies again a few minutes later, have him try again. The Dealer tries again and says, thanks, that worked.

I love my car. The actual story is enough for me to appreciate this is a special car. The rumor story would be amazing if true, but I doubt we would ever get some sort of written confirmation. I trust my friend completely, but sometimes details get lost. I mean, I’m sure if Bill Ford really wanted this car, someone at Ford would contact me.
Rumor Story - No question in my mind that this story is factual.

Having said that I would like to add that during a conversation with a senior Ford official back in January 2020 (while viewing a prototype HEP R that still had Red seat inserts) and one of the key Ford personnel that came up with the HEP idea and launch it was made very clear to him in the Fall of 2019 by Bill Ford that because he already owned the very first R model produced in July 2015 namely chassis # F0001, he expected to also take delivery of the very last S550 2020 R model and that he wanted it to be a special version of the 2020 HEP R.

Obviously that happened with his specially prepared 2020 HEP R coming with painted Guardsman Blue OTT and painted side stripes, Blue seat inserts, Blue seat/back stitching, Blue painted brake calipers and a Blue chassis plate that I believe reads "LR280" along with the WS showing a $10,000 optional charge for the Penske stripe paint job.

Anyone in their right mind would lust and want "LR001" in the Heritage Edition Package as it has already become an iconic Mustang for the 2nd generation GT350 family but as you suggested if Bill wanted LR001 he certainly would know where to find that car.

Actual Story - Shortly after the Ford dealership in question taking delivery of LR001 I also called and spoke with the GSM of this tiny Ford dealership in a very small town in Missouri that has a population of ~1750 people?

As you I asked him how such a small Ford dealership was allocated such an iconic Mustang and really like how you detailed all of the cool events that lead up to the arrival of LR001 in this tiny Ford dealership in Missouri as that is just a terrific story.

This chain of events certainly indicates to me how Ford in Dearborn made good on their promise to this very small dealership based on all of the help that they gave Ford back in November, 2019.

There is no question that your 2020 HEP R has quickly become one of the most recognizable, collectible and valuable S550 platform Mustang and 2nd generation GT350's that was ever produced. :clap:

With that being said and when you finally decide to part with your car no matter what the timeline you will not have to be concerned about whether the car market is up or down at the time as LR001 speaks for itself and will command a big purchase price all subject to condition, mileage and provenance and of course I know where you stand on those key issues.

Congratulations once again on purchasing an outstanding and very iconic 2nd generation 2020 Mustang GT350R namely "LR001" that was built with the rare HEP!!

Sponsored