Prices are on the rise......

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
These cars are amazing, until you need to take them in for service. Then you realize them being affordable is due to cutting costs everywhere including dealership quality. I drove my car 5 years/70,000 miles until one day my luck ran out. So we are all drinking some kool-aid here. There is no bang for the buck. You win some and you lose some. Its a compromise. A car is more than just sum of its parts. Its the entire experience that you pay for.
Porsche owners talk a lot about their experience - it's geared towards a luxury brand and powered by the highest profit per car brand in the industry... so when you take your $100k base Carrera in for service, trust me, you've paid for that experience. Should also mention that most "special" models of other brands rarely will ever see 70,000 miles ;)

You never get something for nothing.
At Ford, you get nothing for nothing, which makes sense :)
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Wow, did not expect that. Last I checked it was sitting at 70k with a few hours left. I almost fell out of my chair this morning when I saw the final.
Welp...wow...uhh..Calling BaT today ;)

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Wow, did not expect that. Last I checked it was sitting at 70k with a few hours left. I almost fell out of my chair this morning when I saw the final.
Totally agree with your comments regarding this final OTD price especially when taking into consideration that the original owner replaced tires, brake pads and rotors after just 471 miles and ~5 months of ownership with all the work done at a race shop.

Great looking car but way too many suspect aspects for my taste especially at that price point.

Having said that all that really matters is that the new owner is happy their purchase and wish him or her a great deal of fun with their new R model! :like: :like:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Ok, guestimate the price on:
2020 Iconic Silver R
1800 miles
No stripes, no black roof, no carbon dash - just all silver. 1 of 5ish in this config *est
Original tires, brakes, never tracked, includes all "stuff" that came with car plus purchased R cover seperately. Not on the tensioner list and was not built by that guy :)
Mods:
PPF on full front and rear impact areas
BMR jacking rails
Includes a second set of CF R wheels w/cup2 tires (wheels are updated version from recent Rs).

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R | 2023 Ram TRX
Welp...wow...uhh..Calling BaT today ;)
What's crazy is, there are at least five 19/20 GT350Rs listed on autotrader right now for under 90k. One being an iconic silver. And one being under 80k.

But on BaT, we had a very popular spec 2020 R go for $110k, and now a 2019 that's been tracked and modified go to 100k.

Maybe these Autotrader cars all have blown engines, or have already sold long ago. Who knows. But it's a little weird.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
What's crazy is, there are at least five 19/20 GT350Rs listed on autotrader right now for under 90k. One being an iconic silver. And one being under 80k.

But on BaT, we had a very popular spec 2020 R go for $110k, and now a 2019 that's been tracked and modified go to 100k.

Maybe these cars all have blown engines, or have already sold long ago. Who knows. But it's a little weird.
1627663911232.gif

Shhh Don’t tell him that he has a gem 💎. I might want to add another R to the stable lol 😂 (and hes doing such a good sales job)

Agreed that he’ll do fine and I was checking out 500s and then I searched 2020 Rs and that iconic silver for $86k jumped off the page 📄. I think the 350s look so much more attractive than 500s and in iconic silver with no stripes. They’re stunning cars that many people would pay premium for.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Must respectfully disagree with you based on my personal experience and maybe I have been very fortunate regarding my personal experiences with numerous Ford dealerships but they have all been positive.

After owning 7 second generation GT350/R's I am more than happy with all my Ford dealership experiences when it comes to many service issues which includes everything from oil changes, bumper to bumper warranty issues, CF drive shafts installations, paint corrections, detaling and other issues I must say that I have had a positive experience with all my Ford dealerships.

Do I get that numerous other GT350/R enthusiasts have had some negative issues that went the wrong direction regarding service issues, I certainly get that. :like:
I wish that my experience was more like yours.

I didn't even mention the big ding the dealership put in my driver's door. That was a real penalty for taking the car to the dealer. Much worse than just having to redo the work myself like I did on the splitter.

Sponsored

RichGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Could be! A lot of PP Cars!

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score