Sponsored

Manuals Are Losers

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Don't worry, manuals are becoming more like automatics all the time. You don't have to take your foot off the gas when you shift, it won't let you shift if it will bog the engine or cause the engine to over-rev (it locks the shifter). You have automatic rev matching and drive by wire. The only thing left to control is the clutch.
Well, regardless of the Mustang OM's statements, support for No-lift shifts is debatable, I believe the only "lockout" in the current MT-82 is resistance through the synchros, and I'm not sure what your DBW comment refers to unless it's throttle mapping, which isn't a constraint on shifting.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Because that video isn't pretty much all about the development of automatic transmissions in the last 50 or so years, with a particular focus on the computer/electronic controls.
Computer control really isn't all that different from the hydraulic logic as far as the basic automation of upshifts and downshifts is concerned. Silicon chips vs purely mechanical/hydraulic logic.

Just that today's TCMs can control a wider range of shift decisions (and probably more forward gears than would be realistic for hydraulic-only). Or adapt to a wider range of presumed driver intent (drive modes).

Norm

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Automatic little dick syndrome is skrong here. We all know the 10R80 is awesome, but lets keep making posts about what everyone with 1/2 a brain knows. Manual guys don't give a shit...

Reminds me of the EcoBoost feels when talking 5.0.

OP also feels the D4 is a terrible transmission when every post on this forum says the predecessors were terrible. I actually thought a car forum for a Mustang wouldn't be full of idiots like other forums, boy was I wrong.

OP=troll
I love that someone can still be passionate about the 945,763,982,734,211,984th auto/manual thread. :crazy:This thread was an obvious joke. But don’t let that get in the way.:explode:

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Well, regardless of the Mustang OM's statements, support for No-lift shifts is debatable, I believe the only "lockout" in the current MT-82 is resistance through the synchros, and I'm not sure what your DBW comment refers to unless it's throttle mapping, which isn't a constraint on shifting.
I was referring to where manual transmissions are headed in general, not just Mustangs. Some of these things are already in production and others are in racing models. Porsche is one manufacturer that comes to mind.

Sponsored

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Last edited:

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Automatic little dick syndrome is skrong here. We all know the 10R80 is awesome, but lets keep making posts about what everyone with 1/2 a brain knows. Manual guys don't give a shit...

Reminds me of the EcoBoost feels when talking 5.0.

OP also feels the D4 is a terrible transmission when every post on this forum says the predecessors were terrible. I actually thought a car forum for a Mustang wouldn't be full of idiots like other forums, boy was I wrong.

OP=troll
.......idiots, you say???????
Try a Challenger forum for a while............

Sponsored

Bullitt$Bill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt L3456, 2018 F150 CC Lariat, 18 HD SGS
Just watch it. The GT 10A vs MT82 is discussed. Learn a bit.

Drivel like this is the reason I only watch the funny meme thread here anymore.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Drivel like this is the reason I only watch the funny meme thread here anymore.
Hang in there Bill, Mik has more “polls“ coming. In the meantime you can waste a few days on the Science is now canceled thread. :crackup: :cwl:

SemperFi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 m0303
Manuals are Losers? I guess the OP is saying Manuals ARE for losers? I remember...back in the day...

We ALWAYS RTFM...there was no internet for cheats and exploits. A manual was something you cherished for having bought the product, something you could read on the shitter when you weren't doing your thang.

Ah, but this generation isn't interested in reading. My highly scientific anecdotal evidence suggests that 70 percent of ALL problems would be solved if people just RTFM!!!

But nowadays, in this 15 second attention span world, 70 percent of people playing video games buy the damn cheat book the same moment they buy a new game, or get online IMMEADIATELY after they get stuck and can't figure something out with the first try. Entitled and privileged whiners.

This thread is about video games...right?

Unless he meant "Manuels are losers" and I think that is an overly broad statement that lacks validity and smacks of racism against my Mexican friends. No room for racism in a forum about cars going fast is all I'm saying.

I will go back to the Mach 1 forums, which would be boring if it weren't for all the butthurt GT 350 whiners complaining how their weak ass voodoo engines just can't beat the Coyote because they break too damn much.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Manuals are Losers? I guess the OP is saying Manuals ARE for losers? I remember...back in the day...
If you’re not even going to bother reading OP then why waste your time with this ridiculous diatribe? :facepalm:

Edit: Oh wait, was this supposed to be witty and/or sarcastic? If yes then, as a newbie, you need to tell us. We cannot read your mind!

SemperFi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 m0303
So I'm gonna tell you a joke. It's a kind of funny joke, and is meant to expose the ridiculousness of this thread. But ya kinda have to be smart enough to understand it, or you will be offended because you are dumb, or worse, you have no sense of humor. So, the joke goes something like this...

Is that better :)

So the OP wasn't being sarcastic? I didn't see the "/s on" which is the universal shorthand for redditors that sarcasm is being employed. But, I get it. Only about 20 percent of you will. And only half of those may find it humorous. That's what makes it funny...and sad.
Sponsored