Sponsored

What are you coming from and where are you going?

MattSin97

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Hey everyone, I just wanted to see what everyone's story is:
  • What car did you own before you got a Mustang?
  • Is there anything you miss about that car?
  • What car, if any, are you considering getting next?
  • Do you have any regrets about your current Mustang choice (e.g., wish you got the GT instead of Eco, wish you got the GT 350 instead of the GT).
  • What's one thing you love about your Mustang?
  • What's one thing you wish it could do better?
I came from a 2017 Toyota 86 which unfortunately was totaled in a hit and run. Insurance gave me a chuck of change and I thought I would get something different, so I started looking at Mustangs. The look was beautiful, I tried to get a Mustang GT, but the prices were just too out of my league (I am currently paying for a big wedding). I found an Ecoboost premium with low miles and pulled the trigger. I started modding with the exhaust, and thought this would be my only mod, but I quickly got the modd bug and now I am protuned with several bolt on's. 1 thing I missed about my 86 was the handling, and the Mustang felt like a straight boat when compared, so I upgraded the suspension and sway bars, and now it feels awesome. I honestly love the look of the exterior and interior of the Mustang, but coming from the interior of the 86 isn't asking for much, same goes for power. There are a lot of things Ford could do better, but my modifications are more than making up for anything it lacked. In a few years I plan on getting a GT, the sound is just orgasmic., or saving a bit more to get one of the new Supras. Anyways, what's your story? How'd you get here?
Sponsored

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
Hey everyone, I just wanted to see what everyone's story is:
  • What car did you own before you got a Mustang?
  • Is there anything you miss about that car?
  • What car, if any, are you considering getting next?
  • Do you have any regrets about your current Mustang choice (e.g., wish you got the GT instead of Eco, wish you got the GT 350 instead of the GT).
  • What's one thing you love about your Mustang?
  • What's one thing you wish it could do better?
I came from a 2017 Toyota 86 which unfortunately was totaled in a hit and run. Insurance gave me a chuck of change and I thought I would get something different, so I started looking at Mustangs. The look was beautiful, I tried to get a Mustang GT, but the prices were just too out of my league (I am currently paying for a big wedding). I found an Ecoboost premium with low miles and pulled the trigger. I started modding with the exhaust, and thought this would be my only mod, but I quickly got the modd bug and now I am protuned with several bolt on's. 1 thing I missed about my 86 was the handling, and the Mustang felt like a straight boat when compared, so I upgraded the suspension and sway bars, and now it feels awesome. I honestly love the look of the exterior and interior of the Mustang, but coming from the interior of the 86 isn't asking for much, same goes for power. There are a lot of things Ford could do better, but my modifications are more than making up for anything it lacked. In a few years I plan on getting a GT, the sound is just orgasmic., or saving a bit more to get one of the new Supras. Anyways, what's your story? How'd you get here?
I’m very new here. Car is 2 weeks old. Was looking for a track-car, that could function as a “fun” road car. I split DD duties between a Tundra on 35’s with mid-travel King suspension, and a bunch of other stuff (5.7 V8), and then the other DD is a 2014 Lexus GS350FSport, a few mods. Wife drives a 2020 Armada on 34’s with some stuff. Never personally owned American made.
Porsche buddy convinced me to take the grocery getter Lexus to the SCCA track (is lowered, Nitto 555 G2’s, and has adaptive suspension (sport+)….kicked ass, I loved it. 3 weeks later I bought the 2020 Mustang GT Premium with PP1 and Magnaride. Tracked it last weekend, had a blast. Picked up the 2020 GT new with 90 miles for $44k, which seemed like a deal for the current times. I cross-shopped and test drove a Supra ($60K and no backseat was a deal breaker) and loved it. But a guy at the local track had 8K mi on his Supra, in my beginner class with the Lexus - and blew his engine. I had zero issues with my grocery getter. That scared me to go BMW engine. Text drove multiple S550’s….and Lexus IS-F with the V8. Loved the IS-F, but 12 years old and 50K miles were still $35k. Didn’t make sense for such an old car. I couldn’t get over the Coyote 5.0 and magneride. Really seemed like a bargain. Other considerations were used M2, M240i, M3, and really didn’t want to deal with forced induction or reliability issues. Also cross shopped BRZ’s that were forced induction, and S2000’s.
Ultimately, I wanted power, sound, the feeling, a small back seat for my grade school kids so if I want to take both to school or practice I can. A lot of track cars didn’t fit that bill.
But now, after pushing the GT PP1 on the track for the first time, I’m dealing with how to cool down the rear diff, how to cool down the trans, how to cool down the engine oil.
Wasn’t really expecting those issues give that my Lexus had no issue at all for nearly the same amount of time on a track. Sure, it’s 100 less HP, but it’s also a 4 door sedan LOL. So now I’m chasing down the fixes.
Regrets - I would’ve went with the Mach1, but our local dealers are adding $10K to the MSRP right now. So IMO, not worth it.
And color, I couldn’t find a gray one LOL
4DFFF7C1-5542-413E-AE58-761AEBC93C48.jpeg

727AEEA3-DB38-4603-B751-DE6A156FCA87.jpeg

Last edited:

sube83sti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Amit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 - A10 - Magneride 2016 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport
  • What car did you own before you got a Mustang? 2016 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport which is now my daily
  • Is there anything you miss about that car? I do miss the turbo spooling up
  • What car, if any, are you considering getting next? Buying a 2021 Nissan GT-R later this year
  • Do you have any regrets about your current Mustang choice (e.g., wish you got the GT instead of Eco, wish you got the GT 350 instead of the GT). I really wanted a Gt500 but refused to pay markup. Ended up with a GT with almost every option (PP1, a10, mag ride, b&o, active). Currently having the Whipple Stage 2 installed.
  • What's one thing you love about your Mustang? Love the v8 rumble with the h-pipe
  • What's one thing you wish it could do better? The overall fit and finish is subpar.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
I'm coming from several company provided white F-150s. Ugh. It's a nice benefit, but so tired of it.

Taking a new job in a couple of weeks and since I don't want to dd the Mustang, I'm picking up a Jeep Gladiator. I can't wait to start modding that!

The only thing I'd change about the Mustang, more power!! Nah, I love driving that car just about the way it is. So much fun.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
  • What car did you own before you got a Mustang? Turbo Honda Accord
  • Is there anything you miss about that car? Trunk space
  • What car, if any, are you considering getting next? Want to keep this GT and buy a S650 before electric sets in
  • Do you have any regrets about your current Mustang choice (e.g., wish you got the GT instead of Eco, wish you got the GT 350 instead of the GT). GT350 would have been nice, but buying used I am very happy with a manual PP2. Everyone that sees and comes up to me loves it.
  • What's one thing you love about your Mustang? What happens when I hit the skinny pedal in S+ mode
  • What's one thing you wish it could do better? Wet road traction

Sponsored

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
1. Parents' Mazda Tribute
2. Steering feel, maybe.
3. S650 Mustang, Nissan Z, Subaru WRX STI, Hyundai Sonata (top trim Hybrid or N-Line)...or if I can afford it once I finish financing my current car, Genesis G70/G80/GV70 or Lexus NX350 F-Sport.

4. The usual GT yearnings, but then I remind myself that I only fill up once a month, month and a half, thanks to going with the EcoBoost.

5. Smoother power delivery at parking lot/residental area speeds (I call it the turbojerk). But more than that, the fit and finish needs improvement (I don't mind having hard plastics in low touch areas, but the creaks, rattles, and spotty-in-some-places build quality get to me every so often.)

pwmiddleton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
  • What car did you own before you got a Mustang? 07 F150 that's now my weekend beater/range truck
  • Is there anything you miss about that car? Being able to see around the idgets that won't get out of your way doing 10 under on these crappy backroads
  • What car, if any, are you considering getting next? Waiting to see what bugs are found on the 6G Broncos and for them to start popping up on the used market
  • Do you have any regrets about your current Mustang choice (e.g., wish you got the GT instead of Eco, wish you got the GT 350 instead of the GT). PP would've been nice for the larger brakes & susp upgrades, but it was enough of a struggle to find a manual anywhere near me (yes I know it's slower, but I enjoy it more)
  • What's one thing you love about your Mustang? The sound. One thing Ford has always gotten right is how the sound of a V8 hits you right in the giggities.
  • What's one thing you wish it could do better? A gas tank larger than a thimble sure would been nice

AfricanSnowOwl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
1. I sold my 17' F-150 and a 87' GT hatch mustang to get my 2020 GT
2. On the truck I miss being able to do truck things
3. Considering getting the new Bronco in a year or 2
4. I have no regrets. I just bought it a few weeks ago, but have big plans for it
5. I love the 10 speed auto. So smooth driving on the highway
6. I wish Ford would have found a way to bring the glass roof back.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Same/Same/Same.

jhodro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mustang, 2007 F350, 2013 Audi S4
  • What car did you own before you got a Mustang? 2010 Audi S4 6mt stage 2+ (425hp)
51252524662_1f40f90b52_c.jpg

• Is there anything you miss about that car? The interior was much nicer
  • What car, if any, are you considering getting next? just picked up the mustang, so nothing on the radar right now.
  • Do you have any regrets about your current Mustang choice (e.g., wish you got the GT instead of Eco, wish you got the GT 350 instead of the GT). its a base model (at least it has the performance pack)
  • What's one thing you love about your Mustang? The exhaust note.
  • What's one thing you wish it could do better? i wish ford didn't make interiors out of recycled toothbrushes

Sponsored

Jason304

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350 2016 Ram 2500 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
2016 Ram 2500 and a 2012 Jeep Wrangler. Still have them. I didn’t trade anything for my GT350.

No plans for anything else. I’d have to get rid of one, or build a bigger garage.

No regrets

Love the voodoo and the sound it makes.

Wish it stayed in the drive mode I set it to.

General Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoffrey
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I'll play.
I went from a 2000 Volvo S70 with 330,000 miles that I bought for $700, to a 2018 Mustang GT. I still have the Volvo for winter duty. The wheels on this car are the same diameter as the brake rotors on the front of the Stang!

volvo1.jpg

There is no real comparison between the two, other than they are both blue and they both have a clutch pedal. I wouldn't trade the S70 for the world, it's been one of the best, most reliable and cheapest to maintain vehicles I've ever owned. The Mustang was a gift to myself for achieving better employment. First time in my life that I could afford a new(ish) car. Before that I had been an automotive bottom feeder, always buying sub-$2k beaters and thus rarely getting something I truly chose, but rather ending up with whatever was available within the price range I could afford.

The only regret on the Stang so far is that I'm much more paranoid of scratches and rock chips, tree sap and bird crap that befall it than I have been with any of my previous cars. But that comes with the territory of any nice, expensive car.

Next car? I plan to keep the Stang for at least five years, probably longer. The automotive landscape is shifting so rapidly toward electrification that I have no idea what the market will be like in 2026. I may end up buying another vehicle before that but it won't be a replacement for the Stang. Maybe a 200 series Land Cruiser... I already have a truck though (1997 F-250HD) so I have no need nor room for a fourth 4-wheeled vehicle. Would have to trade or sell something before another acquisition.

andyturbo2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Convertible
  • What car did you own before you got a Mustang? BMW Z4
  • Is there anything you miss about that car? TIN DROP TOP
  • What car, if any, are you considering getting next? BMW 440i VERT
  • Do you have any regrets about your current Mustang choice (e.g., wish you got the GT instead of Eco, wish you got the GT 350 instead of the GT). WISH ID GONE AUTO DUE TO CRAPPY MT82
  • What's one thing you love about your Mustang? THE LOOKS
  • What's one thing you wish it could do better? RELIABILITY

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
1. What car did you own before you got a Mustang?

I've owned several cars for several years at once. I've had 5 different Miatas in the last 10 years and raced them as well. But the car that the Mustang replaced was my 2013 10 Series GT86. I had that car for 4 years, now it belongs to a friend who lives down the road.

2. Is there anything you miss about that car?

In comparison, I miss how lightweight and nimble that car was, but the trade off was worth it.

3. What car, if any, are you considering getting next?

I plan on owning plenty more cars. The one I've been considering adding to the collection is either a GT350R or Nissan GTR.

4. Do you have any regrets about your current Mustang choice (e.g., wish you got the GT instead of Eco, wish you got the GT 350 instead of the GT).

Nope. It's the perfect machine for what I do, and perfectly personalized to me.

5 What's one thing you love about your Mustang?

The overall package you get out of the box to be competitive.

6. What's one thing you wish it could do better?

I wish it was lighter from the factory. Lol

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
  • What car did you own before you got a Mustang? 2010 Porsche 997.2S cabriolet
  • Is there anything you miss about that car? Just about everything
  • What car, if any, are you considering getting next? Hard to say. I bought the Mustang because wife hated Porsche. Turns out she doesn't much like the Mustang either. I was thinking of a BMW, maybe.
  • Do you have any regrets about your current Mustang choice . No
  • What's one thing you love about your Mustang. Warranty... driving a German car without a warranty is very worrisome.
  • What's one thing you wish it could do better? seats are crappy.
Sponsored