Sponsored

Rpg racing engines

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
I've been going back and forth with who I want to build my motor. I looked at the aluminator gen 3 but I'm not a fan of 12.1 compression. It's to high for me. I drive my car alot and E85 is hard to come by out here, but I do like the price of the aluminator. They also have the 9.5 compression option but I feel like that's too low and I'll need to run alot of boost to make power. Plus they don't have a warranty on the shortblock. RPG cost a little more but for a 12 month 12,000 mile warranty... I think it may be worth the extra couple of grand plus I'll get to choose what compression I want (10.1) instead of 12 or 9. I was considering a engine shop around the area but a friend of mine told me he had a bad experience there and wouldn't recommend that shop to anyone. Anyone have a built RPG motor? How was the build, customer service? Overall experience? Thanks
Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I've been going back and forth with who I want to build my motor. I looked at the aluminator gen 3 but I'm not a fan of 12.1 compression. It's to high for me. I drive my car alot and E85 is hard to come by out here, but I do like the price of the aluminator. They also have the 9.5 compression option but I feel like that's too low and I'll need to run alot of boost to make power. Plus they don't have a warranty on the shortblock. RPG cost a little more but for a 12 month 12,000 mile warranty... I think it may be worth the extra couple of grand plus I'll get to choose what compression I want (10.1) instead of 12 or 9. I was considering a engine shop around the area but a friend of mine told me he had a bad experience there and wouldn't recommend that shop to anyone. Anyone have a built RPG motor? How was the build, customer service? Overall experience? Thanks
What kind of engine are you looking for? A stock rebuild? A full blown race engine? How much power? What will you be doing with the engine?

Last edited:
OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
No sleeves. Up graded rods and pistions etc. Gen3 block since they're stringer then the gen2. I wanna make 900.. 900 plus on E without issues 700... 750 plus on pump. It's not my daily but if I want to take a road trip, I want to have the comfort of knowing I'm not going to need a tow truck or a E85 gas station to get me home. I mostly did 40 to 60 rolls. I want to take it to the 1/4 mile track from time to time.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
No sleeves. Up graded rods and pistions etc. Gen3 block since they're stringer then the gen2. I wanna make 900.. 900 plus on E without issues 700... 750 plus on pump. It's not my daily but if I want to take a road trip, I want to have the comfort of knowing I'm not going to need a tow truck or a E85 gas station to get me home. I mostly did 40 to 60 rolls. I want to take it to the 1/4 mile track from time to time.
Are you looking for a short block, long block, complete engine?

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
Gen3 is not stronger than Gen2. Ask me how I know.
tempImagec9qBU4.jpg
tempImageoXZf45.jpg

Sponsored

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Gen3 is not stronger than Gen2. Ask me how I know.
tempImagec9qBU4.jpg
tempImageoXZf45.jpg
Wtf!! Smh. I was told the gen 3 is a stronger block because the gen2 can crack around the head bolts housing, since the gen 2 uses 11mm headbolts and the gen 3 uses 12 . I know a guy that cracked a gen2 block making around 1000 at the wheel.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
How much power we're you making?
If you suddenly have a bunch of preignition something like that can happen at 800 hp. One cracked cylinder doesn’t exactly mean that will happen on every block We don’t know what caused that. We don’t know what power level. Who tuned it. If you take a 800 hp E85 engine and put 87 in it and go wot you can look for something like this to happen.

Sponsored

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Wtf!! Smh. I was told the gen 3 is a stronger block because the gen2 can crack around the head bolts housing, since the gen 2 uses 11mm headbolts and the gen 3 uses 12 . I know a guy that cracked a gen2 block making around 1000 at the wheel.
Gen 3s are not stronger blocks. Take that theory and throw it out the window. This issue had NOTHING to do with head bolts. Head gaskets were perfectly fine. Cylinder pressure (knock creates tremendous pressure) over and over and over caused this. I have checked my logs and have occasional knock nothing major and I am not pointing finger at tuner as this is a stock block and fine for N/A but not recommended for high boost/HP it is a chance I took and lost.
tempImageO6W3QR.jpg
As far as beefier head bolts yes the Gen 3 is better. But we are talking about blocks here. Car was in a WOT pull between 950-1000whp and let go. Cylinder 2 said adios.
Needs support around water jackets. Go get a pic of (Predator block 5.2 block I am running now) and compare it to Gen 3 and it is a big difference. This topic has been already talked about over and over.

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
GEN3.jpg
Predator 5.2.jpg
Gen3 and Predator 5.2 this block some say is good to 1300 WHP (Predator) and side by side you can see why. Dont need sleeves.

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Set a budget first. It’s a worm hole without one. Both 2 and 3 are capable of taking what you want but XXXX will be better.

Getting a bare gen 3 block and dropping in some pistons and rods is the most economical route but more $$$$ will make you faster.
Economical and engine failure go hand in hand. Not recommended. The ole saying do it right the 1st time adheres to this post. I thought I would be safe keeping it under 1000WHP this block of mine that failed had rods n pistons from MMR they were fine. Bought the Predator block from them at a decent price as well.

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
GEN3.jpg
Predator 5.2.jpg
Gen3 and Predator 5.2 this block some say is good to 1300 WHP (Predator) and side by side you can see why. Dont need sleeves.
Got damn it lol.. everytime I think I have my mind made up.. I see some bullshit lol. Sorry about your motor man. That's why I'm asking so many questions. Sometimes the same question twice. So the bottom block is the 5.2 block? I was told you can't add cylinder supports to a gen 3. Is that correct?

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Got damn it lol.. everytime I think I have my mind made up.. I see some bullshit lol. Sorry about your motor man. That's why I'm asking so many questions. Sometimes the same question twice. So the bottom block is the 5.2 block? I was told you can't add cylinder supports to a gen 3. Is that correct?
Have no idea but they say they can. The 5.2 is on the bottom yes.
Sponsored