Sponsored

Llumar Platinum PPF?

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
I'm prob going to be getting it. I found a guy near me that has a lot of experience with both llumar and xpel. He said he prefers llumar. Easier to work with and better clarity, less orange peel. He keeps xpel on hand bc some people are die hard xpel and want nothing else but he recommends the llumar to anyone open to recommendation.

He is doing a C8 next week. I'm going to swing by the shop to check out the final product if I get a chance.

But he said once I get my car he will put a test piece of llumar and xpel on car and let me see the difference, how it looks on the color, and decide 100% which one I want.

There is a video on YouTube of a 500 getting full llumar ppf from a place in Chicago. It turned out very nice!

I think overall outcome really comes down to what the installer likes and has most experience with.

OP
OP
fishpick

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Part of NY w/ high taxes to support the other part
Vehicle(s)
0 mustangs owned currently
@P4mnceblue82 that's about where my opinion landed. Nice to see I’m not in left field!

I think I’m gonna get my front, hood, a pillars and roof done completely

and then the side rockers up to the body line and the rear same way.

guy I’m gonna use has done a couple of other gt500s and I never noticed a seam on them!

ceramic on that and then ceramic on the rest uncovered parts too!

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
That's similar to what I'm doing. I was also advised to do the gurney flap and/or spoiler as the piano black scratches, swirls, and shows finger prints terribly!

OP
OP
fishpick

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Part of NY w/ high taxes to support the other part
Vehicle(s)
0 mustangs owned currently
Old thread - BUT - my car is in therapy today...

This week is as follows when I dropped her off last night and chatted with the owner of the shop...
  • Today - cleaning, stripping off my wash and wax, paint correction, polishing and some pinstripe accents and he's putting on the Bemaro "SHELBY" and "GT500" inlays - because - I'm a slob... want me to swap out your rods for forged - I'm game... want me to detail the glovebox... you may not know before and after - it's just not my thing.
  • Tuesday - starting on the film - doing whole front, hood, front fenders, a-pillars up part way over door, full roof, side rockers on doors to rear wheels, behind rear wheels going around rear bumper and the panel in the rear with the SNEK that scratches when you look at it.
  • Wednesday - expect to finish up the wrap, hopefully
  • Thursday & Friday - Halo Ceramic over the PPF, Crystal Serum Black Ultra marketing word marketing word marketing word 9 year blah, blah - over all un-wrapped surfaces, brake calipers, wheels, something else he said I think on all the plastic bits, something else on the glass... A venerable chemical cocktail of protective juices (that make it easy to wash)
May or may not have it back for next weekend... I hope I do - was AWESOME getting out this weekend in this thing and getting into it a little more as the miles go up a bit!

I'm not a car show guy - but our local Mustang club has a show the week after I get this back and he wants my car to be in his tent as his "model car"... and this car is a "cheap" car compared to some of the stuff he does - so I'm feeling like it should be pretty slick when done (no pun intended - but - that's a damn good one!)

Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
The pretty sure the Llumar film is just rebranded Suntek which is a good film as both companies are Eastman brands.

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
Excited to see pics! Mine has been in shop for week and half getting the works. He should be starting ppf today. Then ceramic wed/Thurs and hopefully have her by weekend. Went with llumar Valor ppf, IGL ceramic, and ceramic tint all the way around.

He has had to do a week of paint correction, mainly on rear bumper, all the black bits, spoiler, deck lid, trunk, and rear portion of quarter panels d/t the idiots who shipped my car backwards in the front most position. So it took a beating from MI to WV esp since it was transported during the snow, ice, slush storm we had at end of April!

navbtcret

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT 500
Mine is in for a full expel and ceramic coating as we speak. I should get her back Saturday morning I hope. I also added the Bemaro lettering and think it looks good. Makes the front end look completely different with it added.

96221364-8E67-4A6E-A878-DED6F22E5B80.jpeg

E8BAF719-642A-4FC1-9891-F0D82EECD5AA.jpeg

Sponsored

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Copycat :clap: :crackup:

So now I can officially be called an Influencer :cwl: