Sponsored

OP
OP

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Thanks a million for all the best wishes; that means a lot to me. Just dropped off the Bullitt to transport truck, so it's a done deal. Well, just hope I get paid. Ha ha. But not worried about that; last car I sold to them it was pretty seamless as well. If somebody else needs to sell his Mustang, the Vroom guys offered BY FAR the best price. Dealer offered me $32K, and implied they were making me a favor. Got $43,884. Would have liked to get that in trade, to save $2,500 in taxes, but still saved a bundle vs trade-in. Car was headed to Phoenix, by the way.

Oh, and will put the goodies in the classified section. Take care, and stay safe, gang.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Hey man, sorry to hear of the set-back. I do hope that you get well soon. I was bored one weekend and drove one of those Hyundai Passades, mainly to do something and grab the $50 Amazon card they offered for the test drive. It isn't a bad vehicle and has tons of safety and luxury features to include wireless charging and cameras front rear, and both sides.

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Thoughts and prayers are with you from another fellow Texan. A car is just a car, but it is a little more to an enthusiast. However, you are doing all of the right things and God speed to you.

Sponsored

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT / 68 Mustang Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
This post makes me so angry. Nobody should have to lose what they've worked for in life to beat medical bills. Not in this day and age. This isn't a political post, but I've seen way too many people lose everything they've worked for just in order to stay alive. (I was a firefighter and you would not believe how medical bills can destroy everything someone has worked for. Insurance or not.)

OP, best of luck to you with your health. Kick the shit out of cancer!

number 6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Hi JC.. really so sorry to hear about your returning issues.
You've been nothing but very helpful on this Bullitt and the general Mustang site.
We got our Bullitt's about the same time last year and I've followed your progress over that year.
You've also been personally helpful to me when I had trouble with the FP Catch Can.
Thank-you for that.
I sincerely wish your and yours all the best in the coming years.
God Bless Brother.

P.S. I still don't have (can't hear) the 2K rattle :)

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
American health care strikes again. Hopefully you can recover and enjoy some quality family time!

bschoon55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 2 SS 1LE, Former 2018 Mustang GT.
So very sorry to hear of the setback. I wish you the absolute best in this obstacle... I hope you can recovery quickly and enjoy a ton of quality family time!

TXAG96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21Bronco,'20Bullitt,'01Boxster,'87Tbird-Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Hi JC, I know first hand how devastating cancer can be.
FIGHT LIKE HELL !!!
I hope you have good doc's out there in El Paso. IF you ever need to come to Houston for treatment, look me up and I'll come visit and you can drive my Bullitt.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Nobody should have to lose what they've worked for in life to beat medical bills.
Especially with insurance. I've been paying for insurance for decades, to the tune of around $175K. But had the bad luck to get hit with a rare cancer, so the aholes don't want to pay for anything not approved by the FDA... but how the hell is that going to happen without enough sick people? So yes, a little frustrating you do everything right to protect your assets and family, and still have to spend a good chunk of your life savings in crap like that. Oh well.

If you ever need to come to Houston for treatment, look me up and I'll come visit and you can drive my Bullitt.
Hey, I wouldn't do that, but thanks a million for your offer, brother :). I've been there twice, to MD Anderson, but both times were the worst experience of my life, and my wife's as well. And the doctor besides being an ahole, didn't really know crap, and he's considered an 'expert'. Geez. They saved a brother back in the 80s, but MDA is absolute crap now, at least for my cancer. Tried to get another doctor, but I 'belong' to the ahole now, so won't touch that place ever again.

At any rate, car is gone, and I already got paid; just waiting for check to clear. Forgot my prescription sunglasses on the compartment to the left of the steering wheel, and the SOBs from Vroom didn't want to bother to send them back to me, so if somebody here says he found a pair of prescription sunglasses on his new Bullitt, please send him my way. Ha ha. Thanks gang, for all the good wishes. Please be safe, and enjoy life while you can :).
JC

EDIT: Just posted the Bullitt goodies over the 'interior' section of the classifieds.

Last edited:

TXAG96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21Bronco,'20Bullitt,'01Boxster,'87Tbird-Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Especially with insurance. I've been paying for insurance for decades, to the tune of around $175K. But had the bad luck to get hit with a rare cancer, so the aholes don't want to pay for anything not approved by the FDA... but how the hell is that going to happen without enough sick people? So yes, a little frustrating you do everything right to protect your assets and family, and still have to spend a good chunk of your life savings in crap like that. Oh well.

Hey, I wouldn't do that, but thanks a million for your offer, brother :). I've been there twice, to MD Anderson, but both times were the worst experience of my life, and my wife's as well. And the doctor besides being an ahole, didn't really know crap, and he's considered an 'expert'. Geez. They saved a brother back in the 80s, but MDA is absolute crap now, at least for my cancer. Tried to get another doctor, but I 'belong' to the ahole now, so won't touch that place ever again.

At any rate, car is gone, and I already got paid; just waiting for check to clear. Forgot my prescription sunglasses on the compartment to the left of the steering wheel, and the SOBs from Vroom didn't want to bother to send them back to me, so if somebody here says he found a pair of prescription sunglasses on his new Bullitt, please send him my way. Ha ha. Thanks gang, for all the good wishes. Please be safe, and enjoy life while you can :).
JC
Hey, I'm biting my tongue on MD-A. I tend to agree with your feelings.
As much as I hate living in Houston, there are tons of medical options here as well. Hopefully I'll never need to use those options ever again.

stay strong and fight hard .
offer stands:beer:

Ronin47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG BULLITT K4675 2020 INFINITI Q50 RS 400
This is disheartening in the least. I have always enjoyed reading your posts and there is definitely some sage advice from time to time. I do hope you continue to visit us from time to time and on another front I wish you Godspeed in your recovery and prayers to you and your family.

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
Sorry to hear this! I'll definitely throw some prayers your way!
Sponsored