Almost Sold It

Defyant

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Contemplated trading in for a Mach 1. This MT82 trans has me concerned. Mine is fine at under 6900 miles. Though it needs a better shifter. The new Mach does not perform that much better to lure me away from the stellar deal I got on left over K7856 (5k under sticker, 0% & 20 year warranty).

Braking and handling is slightly better likely due to the sticky tires. Yes it has coolers everywhere, but the Bullitt IS cooler. I can add what is missing and still be comfortable with the Bullitt

Anyone else thinking of trading for a Mach 1?
Sponsored

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Why does the MT82 trans worry you? As I have stated in other posts i have owned 5 cars now with the MT82 and never had a single problem, besides my 2012 needed the fluid changed according to the TSB for the extreme cold weather shifts.

Plenty of guys out there with well over 100k on these trans no issues.
the issues come when you are doubling the hp and doing crazy launches on glue like tires.
For regular street use and "normal" power numbers, I never worry about mine.
I traded in my 13 at just shy of 70K miles with mild bolt ons and it never gave me a hiccup.
I wholeheartedly believe the MT82 issues are way overblown.

Sponsored

mfk2910

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Farouk
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Why does the MT82 trans worry you? As I have stated in other posts i have owned 5 cars now with the MT82 and never had a single problem, besides my 2012 needed the fluid changed according to the TSB for the extreme cold weather shifts.

Plenty of guys out there with well over 100k on these trans no issues.
the issues come when you are doubling the hp and doing crazy launches on glue like tires.
For regular street use and "normal" power numbers, I never worry about mine.
I traded in my 13 at just shy of 70K miles with mild bolt ons and it never gave me a hiccup.
I wholeheartedly believe the MT82 issues are way overblown.
That's exactly what I thought too . The mt82 was a concern for me after reading and hearing alot of complaints about it but I always knew that supercharging the car and adding track tires and launching multiple times to get the fastest 1/4 miles would put much much more strain on trans than a stockish car on the street with casual accelerations from time to time. My question to you is what do you think of the MGW shifter? Have you ever done it or do you know anything about its worthiness?

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
That's exactly what I thought too . The mt82 was a concern for me after reading and hearing alot of complaints about it but I always knew that supercharging the car and adding track tires and launching multiple times to get the fastest 1/4 miles would put much much more strain on trans than a stockish car on the street with casual accelerations from time to time. My question to you is what do you think of the MGW shifter? Have you ever done it or do you know anything about its worthiness?
My 2012 had a fp short throw and it felt super tight.
honestly haven’t even thought of doing a thing to the shifter in the Bullitt. It feels great to me.

OP
OP
Defyant

Defyant

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Ive been looking into shifters. I like the Barton shifter trans mounted option. Expensive, but looks to be a quality part.

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
just went and had a cold shower and the idea disappeared

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
'19 BULLITT#3389, '03 cobra vert#2198,2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Contemplated trading in for a Mach 1. This MT82 trans has me concerned. Mine is fine at under 6900 miles. Though it needs a better shifter. The new Mach does not perform that much better to lure me away from the stellar deal I got on left over K7856 (5k under sticker, 0% & 20 year warranty).

Braking and handling is slightly better likely due to the sticky tires. Yes it has coolers everywhere, but the Bullitt IS cooler. I can add what is missing and still be comfortable with the Bullitt

Anyone else thinking of trading for a Mach 1?
where the heck did you get a 20 year warranty? i keep my numbered cars for 15 years plus and am very interested on where you got this warranty.

Sponsored

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
I wonder what that "actually" covers. I have seen extremely long warranties advertised such as this, then in the fine print it talks about how at 100K engine rebuild recommended if not complete then powertrain void. Obviously I'm just pulling a mileage out of the air but you get the point.

OP
OP
Defyant

Defyant

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I wonder what that "actually" covers. I have seen extremely long warranties advertised such as this, then in the fine print it talks about how at 100K engine rebuild recommended if not complete then powertrain void. Obviously I'm just pulling a mileage out of the air but you get the point.
Must follow OEM maintenance schedule & rotate tires. The dealer offers it on all the cars they sell. its non-transferable though.
Sponsored